Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

Well what if Pakistan are in the World Cup Finals(which has the least possibility)............

What was the need to bring in `the least possibility` thing into this. This thread is to discuss whether Pakistan should be allowed to play there games in the UAE, which I feel they should.

Some of the comments from some Indian members here is really contributing to the anti-India wave in PC. Sad, but true.

Australia and West Indies refused to play games in Sri Lanka in 1996. They forfeited points.

England refused to play Zims in 2003 they forfeited points.

Pakistan refuse to play in India 2011. They forfeit points.

Simple.

What was the need to bring in `the least possibility` thing into this. This thread is to discuss whether Pakistan should be allowed to play there games in the UAE, which I feel they should.

Some of the comments from some Indian members here is really contributing to the anti-India wave in PC. Sad, but true.

Whenever an English fan comments on the Australian team whether it's related to security,he will post something which underestimates Australia as because AUstralia and England are rivals in Cricket.In the same way I am posting as because we're rivals with Pakistan in International Cricket

I don't have any issues with Pakistan hosting their matches in the UAE. If that makes the PCB happy, so be it. India is not losing anything, neither is Bangladesh or Sri Lanka- the other two hosts. I don't see any problems if they do it.

Australia and West Indies refused to play games in Sri Lanka in 1996. They forfeited points.

England refused to play Zims in 2003 they forfeited points.

Pakistan refuse to play in India 2011. They forfeit points.

Simple.
Those games were already scheduled when they refused.

The PCB is voicing their concerns before the schedule is being made.

Also KC, the BCCI, SLCB, and BCB have everything to lose from not hosting Pakistan's game - they lose potential money.

Again, why pull out of the games just in India in protest? Why not pull out of the whole thing then?

Even if the games get moved to the UAE, Pakistan aren't going to play in India? Why?

Stupidity.

Those games were already scheduled when they refused.

The PCB is voicing their concerns before the schedule is being made.

Also KC, the BCCI, SLCB, and BCB have everything to lose from not hosting Pakistan's game - they lose potential money.

Revenue is shared as far as I know so if all games happen in Bangladesh then also it doesnt matter.

UAE will not happen so no point in discussing it. Pakistan will get as much support in Bangladesh as in UAE so shifting base there is no harm.

Again, why pull out of the games just in India in protest? Why not pull out of the whole thing then?

Even if the games get moved to the UAE, Pakistan aren't going to play in India? Why?

Stupidity.
The BCCI were and are the biggest reason that the games will not be played in the UAE (as of now).

I doubt Pakistan will get as much support in Bangladesh as the UAE. :) I highly doubt it.

Revenue is not shared, you get money for the number of games you host.

The "source" in all those articles now appears to be wrong.

AFP: Pakistan to decide on legal notice to ICC next week

The BCCI were and are the biggest reason that the games will not be played in the UAE (as of now).

I doubt Pakistan will get as much support in Bangladesh as the UAE. :) I highly doubt it.

Revenue is not shared, you get money for the number of games you host.

Source for BCCI link.

If revenue is no. of games then forget it. BCCI will host all games.

Lets say they are allowed games in UAE then what happens for semi finals and finals? Schedule them to UAE. That will be ultimate for ICC. Having final in UAE.

Source for BCCI link.

If revenue is no. of games then forget it. BCCI will host all games.

Lets say they are allowed games in UAE then what happens for semi finals and finals? Schedule them to UAE. That will be ultimate for ICC. Having final in UAE.
Pakistan will play in India if they are allowed to play games in the UAE.

Sid - PCB keen on UAE venues despite ICC snub | Cricket News | ICC World Cup 2011 | Cricinfo.com

Also, I got this for you from an Indian source - PCB unhappy with BCCI's stand on 2011 WC hosting issue- Hindustan Times

Why should PCB host matches in UAE? Won't the UAE Cricket board or whatever get a (pretty major) cut too?

Where does it say revenue is based on number of matches hosted? PCB is still joint host of the tournament, they should still get some of the money from it.

Whenever an English fan comments on the Australian team whether it's related to security,he will post something which underestimates Australia as because AUstralia and England are rivals in Cricket.In the same way I am posting as because we're rivals with Pakistan in International Cricket

We have not fought 3 wars against each other. You said those comments to rile up the Pakistanis on a separate issue, not the one this thread is discussing. Very childish and immature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should PCB host matches in UAE? Won't the UAE Cricket board or whatever get a (pretty major) cut too?

Where does it say revenue is based on number of matches hosted? PCB is still joint host of the tournament, they should still get some of the money from it.
It is common knowledge that if a country hosts more games, they will get more money. Pakistan will get the basic $750,000 per match they were to host, but India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh will get more money out of sponsors because they will be hosting more games.

Pakistan is willing to foot the bill, and it seems they have a plan. I'm sure that a portion of the money would have to go to the management of the Dubai and Abu Dhabi grounds, but again, if the PCB are willing to do it, what is wrong?

Cricketman, let me ask you this - why should India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh get Pakistan's games?

zMario added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Nice way to blackmail world then.

That link is 26 June. Today is 25 July and someday's back it was confirmed that PCB has agreed to truce.
You asked for a link where the BCCI did not want Pakistan to host its games in the UAE, and I gave it to you.

I don't know what date has to do with this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread