Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

We have not fought 3 wars against each other. You said those comments to rile up the Pakistanis on a separate issue, not the one this thread is discussing. Very childish and immature.

How did you get the war in the middle???

Thats a blackmail. The other boards are behind the BCCI in not letting games happen in UAE. So ideally Pakistan should boycott the World Cup (and not agree to play in the other nations also).

Anyways, I guess we are discussing this for nothing. PCB might make the truce with ICC and get more benefits than just the hosting fees that they get for the 14 games originally alloted to them. And the whole tournament will go ahead in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. I doubt PCB will let the country be further isolated in international cricket by boycotting the World Cup. And by refusing to come to India, they will still look isolated because other nations are definitely coming.
Sai, how do you defend the BCCI trying to marginalize Pakistan in the FTP?

You're acting as if we're the bad guys.

We have not fought 3 wars against each other. You said those comments to rile up the Pakistanis on a separate issue, not the one this thread is discussing. Very childish and immature.

I didn't see Shub bringing the "war" thing here, neither anybody so far it's you who is bringing it up. Very childish and immature.

Nope. The ICC is just giving the standard $750,000 per match that is given.

So, Pakistan will get $10,500,000 (750,000 x 14) for the 14 games they were suppoused to host, where they could have easily gotten more by hosting the games themselves in Pakistan (I forget what number was said, but it was quite large).

Obviously in the UAE they stand to gain abit less, although a lot more than 10.5 million.
Ah.

Well, thinking about it, I'm not sure how adequate the security they provided to the Lankans was, but clearly it didn't do the job. It didn't seem adequate. In that regard, you could say they don't deserve the extra money because they failed to live up to their promise of high-quality security.

Sai, how do you defend the BCCI trying to marginalize Pakistan in the FTP?

You're acting as if we're the bad guys.

That isnt the issue here. This is an entirely different scenario. And I heard from someone here that the BCCI's FTP hasnt been passed. So there you go!

Ah.

Well, thinking about it, I'm not sure how adequate the security they provided to the Lankans was, but clearly it didn't do the job. It didn't seem adequate. In that regard, you could say they don't deserve the extra money because they failed to live up to their promise of high-quality security.
See here's the issue. If there are 300 security guards on the streets patrolling the way to the stadium, and some idiots show up with AK-47s and RPGs, what do you do?

Their job was to protect and save the Sri Lankan team, which they did. It isn't as if they stood there and watched; they gave their lives for the team.

That's all I can ask for.

zMario added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

That isnt the issue here. This is an entirely different scenario. And I heard from someone here that the BCCI's FTP hasnt been passed. So there you go!
Of course it wasn't passed! It just shows the BCCI's attitude towards the PCB; you're acting as if the BCCI is treating the PCB as equal as the other cricket boards which isn't the case.

Also the new FTP marginalized Bangladesh as well (no home series in India for Bangladesh again?), so there was no way it could be passed.

It's just showing who the BCCI "want to be friends with" and who they want to marginalize.

A better security effort would involve working harder to actually re-gain government control over the north of the country.

Of course it wasn't passed! It just shows the BCCI's attitude towards the PCB; you're acting as if the BCCI is treating the PCB as equal as the other cricket boards which isn't the case.

Also the new FTP marginalized Bangladesh as well (no home series in India for Bangladesh again?), so there was no way it could be passed.

It's just showing who the BCCI "want to be friends with" and who they want to marginalize.

BCCI's actions dont mean PCB's actions are OK and that I shouldnt talk about it. BCCI does marginalise with other nations. I know that. They are doing it for money (milking India's financial power in cricket). But thats a different topic. We are not here to talk about that. In this issue, I feel the PCB is wrong (if they do what is being said that they will do) and thats it.

BCCI's actions dont mean PCB's actions are OK and that I shouldnt talk about it. BCCI does marginalise with other nations. I know that. They are doing it for money (milking India's financial power in cricket). But thats a different topic. We are not here to talk about that. In this issue, I feel the PCB is wrong (if they do what is being said that they will do) and thats it.
So, the BCCI saying we don't want to play with you means that Pakistan can't refuse to come to India?

I think the PCB is right; they're putting the BCCI in their place.

Why should we accept being rolled over?

So, the BCCI saying we don't want to play with you means that Pakistan can't refuse to come to India?

I think the PCB is right; they're putting the BCCI in their place.

Why should we accept being rolled over?

So you think you wont be rolled over if you refuse to play games in India? Especially when all other countries are going to come and play in India for the WC? They are putting the BCCI in any place. They are just pushing themselves into more isolation.

BCCI is reacting based on the recent attacks on SL cricketers (presumably!). What attack happened on a cricket team or anybody related to cricket in the immediate sense, in recent times in India for the PCB to do it?

So you think you wont be rolled over if you refuse to play games in India? Especially when all other countries are going to come and play in India for the WC? They are putting the BCCI in any place. They are just pushing themselves into more isolation.

BCCI is reacting based on the recent attacks on SL cricketers (presumably!). What attack happened on a cricket team or anybody related to cricket in the immediate sense, in recent times in India for the PCB to do it?
Why should we let the BCCI win and take Pakistan's games and make even more money?

Good for all the other countries, the BCCI doesn't have issues with them.

This has nothing to do with the other countries, this is between the PCB and the BCCI (and ICC). The BCCI wants Pakistan pushed into as much isolation as possible, judging by their actions.

Sai, stop kidding yourself. The Lahore attacks have nothing to do with hosting Pakistan in India. Absolutely nothing, so I don't know why that point needs to come up.

The Lahore attacks do have something do with hosting Pakistan in India, but probably not very much. I'm pretty certain that the Pakistan cricket team has been barred from entering India, as with most Pakistani nationals, and vica versa, based on a government directive (even it is an unofficial one).

Users who are viewing this thread