Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

The Lahore attacks do have something do with hosting Pakistan in India, but probably not very much. I'm pretty certain that the Pakistan cricket team has been barred from entering India, as with most Pakistani nationals, and vica versa, based on a government directive (even it is an unofficial one).
But according to Cricketman there are A LOT of Pakistanis roaming around India and touring India. Over 20 businessmen and tourists in Mumbai alone.

Cricketman's such a horrible liar.

Anyway sohum, if the Pakistani cricket team is barred from entering India, then how can we have games hosted in India? It would mean that Pakistan will definitely have all their games hosted in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Pakistani singers come to Mumbai.

A youth Pakistani table tennis team recently came to India. I heard this on the radio - the Pakistani sports minister had a soundbyte where he said he was looking towards resuming sporting ties with India.

Clearly this isn't helping the cause?

I don't think Pakistan would have refused to tour India had it been the IPL, it's quite obvious that there are no security fears and Pakistan are just trying to show their frustrations for not being able to host the WC.

I don't think Pakistan would have refused to tour India had it been the IPL, it's quite obvious that there are no security fears and Pakistan are just trying to show their frustrations for not being able to host the WC.

Apart from IPL pretty much truth. :)

What's funny is that Pakistan said their players will be available for 2010 IPL and they are refusing to tour India in 2011, this makes it way too obvious and Pakistan should understand that no one is safe in their country atm even though I feel the situation is improving a little bit after the military offesnive but still it's not a safe place for a big event.

They will be coming in champions league as well later this year.

What's funny is that Pakistan said their players will be available for 2010 IPL and they are refusing to tour India in 2011, this makes it way too obvious and Pakistan should understand that no one is safe in their country atm even though I feel the situation is improving a little bit after the military offesnive but still it's not a safe place for a big event.
What makes it even funnier is that India say it is safe to host Pakistan for the WC in 2011 but it is not safe for Pakistan to tour India between 2012-2020.

Sid, Pakistan are not in the Champions League. Lalit Modi excluded Pakistan.

But according to Cricketman there are A LOT of Pakistanis roaming around India and touring India. Over 20 businessmen and tourists in Mumbai alone.

Cricketman's such a horrible liar.
Obviously there are not "A LOT of Pakistanis roaming around India and touring India" but that doesn't mean that there are none. Visas would still be available for Pakistani citizens, but they would be a lot more stricter. However, that's nothing new because visas between India and Pakistan have always been strict.

Anyway sohum, if the Pakistani cricket team is barred from entering India, then how can we have games hosted in India? It would mean that Pakistan will definitely have all their games hosted in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The games wouldn't be hosted in India--they'd be split between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The ICC claims that Pakistan still has hosting "rights" but that the games can't be held in Pakistan (for the sake of law). So Pakistani would host the games in Sri Lanka/Bangladesh and take the profits of hosting the games, from what I understand.

The only issue would be if Pakistan qualified for the final.

Obviously there are not "A LOT of Pakistanis roaming around India and touring India" but that doesn't mean that there are none. Visas would still be available for Pakistani citizens, but they would be a lot more stricter. However, that's nothing new because visas between India and Pakistan have always been strict.

The games wouldn't be hosted in India--they'd be split between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The ICC claims that Pakistan still has hosting "rights" but that the games can't be held in Pakistan (for the sake of law). So Pakistani would host the games in Sri Lanka/Bangladesh and take the profits of hosting the games, from what I understand.

The only issue would be if Pakistan qualified for the final.
Pakistan will not be getting any profits from the games.

Pakistan will only be receiving $1.5 million US dollars as compensation from the ICC.

The Lahore attacks do have something do with hosting Pakistan in India, but probably not very much. I'm pretty certain that the Pakistan cricket team has been barred from entering India, as with most Pakistani nationals, and vica versa, based on a government directive (even it is an unofficial one).
Which the ICC could easily resolve, just as the ATP/WTA took action when the UAE refused visas to Israeli tennis players, but don't expect them to do anything too drastic.

What am I suppoused to make of it?

If Pakistan don't host games in the UAE, they won't play in India (loss of money for India and ICC then).

If Pakistan do host games in the UAE, then they will play in India.

It's not a difficult concept to understand.

The reason they are against the BCCI is because the BCCI strongly did not want games to be played in the UAE. Therefore, the PCB strongly does not want to play in India due to "security fears".

So if games are played in UAE then security would become better in India then before? Do pakistan have some kind os special contract with UAE where they are supposed to send 20 genetic mutated super soldier for the protection of Pakistan team if pakistan gets them WC games:p:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Seriously, Pakistan is contradicting:facepalm itself in his statement and proving to be and oxymoron. If pakistan wanna play its game in UAE then that is a sensible option which backs up their theory but if they go with their current theory in Court of LAW then i can already see the outcome.:spy

Users who are viewing this thread