Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

:laugh

You know Cricketman, I would have believed your story, except you forgot a couple of things.

Pakistanis require city-specific visas to India. In the last month, only 4 visas were issued to Pakistanis to visit Mumbai. If these Pakistanis have decided to become illegal, and are pretending to be visitors, then I can inform you that only 13 visas were issued in the last 6 months specifically to Mumbai.

20 tourists AND executives? What, were they pretending to be Pakistani or something?

Regarding your aunt's driver, I had to take a quick look at laws regarding Pakistanis getting an Indian citizenship. I am assuming your aunt's driver is male. As I thought, it is very difficult, almost impossible. The only viable way I can see this happening is your aunt's driver living in India illegally :)

To begin with, your driver would have had to given up his Pakistani citizenship, and that is just the start of a long 8 year process. Please look up Indian nationality laws to see where your story looks so unreal :)

The visa numbers I was able to research, you can choose to believe them or not. The Indian nationality laws are set in stone, and I find it highly unlikely your aunt has a Pakistani driver working for her, unless he is illegally in India.

Okay so Pakistan don't want to host the games in Pakistan, they just want to shift them to the UAE?

If that's the case I don't see what the problem is, they would get very good support out there wouldn't they?

"A formal truce between the PCB and ICC is expected to be announced on the World Cup issue after a meeting between the heads of the two bodies in Dubai on July 28 or 29," a well informed source in the board told PTI today.

Source: Press Trust of India

As for zMario. All cricket playing nations do not want to play in Pakistan. Why are you blaming BCCI for it? Were the men who attacked Sri Lankan players BCCI goons. :p

Attacking SL players in Lahore was the part of Mumbai drama which eventually closed the doors of cricket in Pakistan and in the end benefited to Indian and other foreign nations...

I remember before the start of first IPL, Australia was scheduled to tour Pakistan but from nowhere a bomb blast happened in one the big cities and and and ALL the Aussies were happily included in IPL... Now a days RAW is heavily involved in destruction in Pakistan they support financially the terrorist both in SWAT and Baluchistan to disturb the law and order and peace in those areas...

As for zMario. All cricket playing nations do not want to play in Pakistan. Why are you blaming BCCI for it? Were the men who attacked Sri Lankan players BCCI goons. :p

ssshhhh !!! your walking on a very thin line...:spy

Attacking SL players in Lahore was the part of Mumbai drama which eventually closed the doors of cricket in Pakistan and in the end benefited to Indian and other foreign nations...

I remember before the start of first IPL, Australia was scheduled to tour Pakistan but from nowhere a bomb blast happened in one the big cities and and and ALL the Aussies were happily included in IPL... Now a days RAW is heavily involved in destruction in Pakistan they support financially the terrorist both in SWAT and Baluchistan to disturb the law and order and peace in those areas...

BCCI and RAW work hand in hand. :p

Lets not discuss guys from SWAT and Baluchistan. Its different matter all together.

He's blaming the BCCI cause they won't let the PCB host it's games in UAE instead. No one is asking them to come to Pakistan.

Pakistan would get amazing support in UAE. All the teams would - there are a surprising number of Brits and Aussies here as well.

UAE is not a part of the sub-continent.Instead pakistan can play their matches in Bangladesh which used to be a part of pakistan...

lol!!!now this is funny....blaming india for ur internal problems

In 2004, Indian fans were able to proudly hold their country's flag and wear shirts of the Indian cricket team in public in Pakistan. Can Pakistanis do that in India in the current climate? I doubt it.

You're country has toured India twice in 2004, 2007 and also took part in the Champions Trophy in 2006 and had loads of players take part in the IPL and who can forget the Lahore Badshahs that won the ICL in 2008.

Last edited:
I am actually with zMario here. I think given the current levels of tension between India and Pakistan, they have every reason not to play in India. I do not think it has anything to do with security in general in India, so dont compare with other teams. Do not think it has anything to do with how past series between the two teams have been which have been held in India, because that is the past. Also do not think it has anything to do with Pakistan being banned from hosting the games and the question of revenge.

Its matter of risk and safety. And I believe the PCB have every right to back out.

You're country has toured India twice in 2004, 2007 and also took part in the Champions Trophy in 2006 and had loads of players take part in the IPL and who can forget the Lahore Badshahs that won the ICL in 2008.
India toured Pakistan in 2004 and 2006 as well as 2008 for the Asia Cup. What difference does it make?

Sid, for perhaps the millionth time, I do not want Pakistan to host games in Pakistan. I want Pakistan to host their allotted games in the UAE, because the series against Australia was a huge success in terms of support in the UAE.

Pakistan is such a lovely country with great cricket stadiums.I am just a neutral but if you ask me the pakistani stadiums look a lot better than the Indian ones.Infact the only world class stadium in India apart from Eden Gardens is the one at Mohali.Too bad the world cup wouldn't be held in pakistan.I hope all this terrorism BS gets settled soon and countries begin to tour Pakistan on a regular basis.Stadiums like Gaddafi,National stadium,Rawalpindi and Multan are some of my favorites from the sub-continent.My friend from the sub-continent feels the same as well coz he has been to some of the stadiums in India as well as Pakistan and feels the Pakistani ones are far superior in terms of playing conditions.

If it hadn't been for the damn terrorism issue,2011 world cup would be a lot more special.

Instead of Abu Dhabi,they can use Sharjah.Yeah I know about the whole match fixing scandal but you cant deny the fact that it is one of the best in Asia.

Most grounds in India now have become world class. Even grounds at Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Indore, Rajkot, Vizag, Jaipur are all brand new facilities. The Kotla (Delhi) has been totally revamped and the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai is now undergoing a massive renovation program.

Its a pit that the D.Y.Patil International stadium, Mumbai which is actually in my college campus won`t be hosting any games. It is arguably the best venue in the subcontinent and one of the best in the world. I recently went to the ground and it looks in even better condition than what it was when first used in IPL 2008. The roofing and a new security surveillance system has been put into place. I heard they`ve installed security cameras like the ones used during the FIFA World Cup in 2006.

I don`t know when your friend visited games in India. It is`nt the case any more. Even the second and third tier of venues now look great.

:laugh

You know Cricketman, I would have believed your story, except you forgot a couple of things.

Pakistanis require city-specific visas to India. In the last month, only 4 visas were issued to Pakistanis to visit Mumbai. If these Pakistanis have decided to become illegal, and are pretending to be visitors, then I can inform you that only 13 visas were issued in the last 6 months specifically to Mumbai.

20 tourists AND executives? What, were they pretending to be Pakistani or something?

Regarding your aunt's driver, I had to take a quick look at laws regarding Pakistanis getting an Indian citizenship. I am assuming your aunt's driver is male. As I thought, it is very difficult, almost impossible. The only viable way I can see this happening is your aunt's driver living in India illegally :)

To begin with, your driver would have had to given up his Pakistani citizenship, and that is just the start of a long 8 year process. Please look up Indian nationality laws to see where your story looks so unreal :)

The visa numbers I was able to research, you can choose to believe them or not. The Indian nationality laws are set in stone, and I find it highly unlikely your aunt has a Pakistani driver working for her, unless he is illegally in India.

I don't know, he could have been an American-Pakistani. But he was still born and bred in Islamabad. Pakistani enough.

Executives get different visas than regular tourists. My dad has like a 30 year exclusive visa thing to China since he goes there like twice a month. They're under a separate category for most Asian nations.

I don't give a rats ahole if you believe me or not, I am not here to convince anyone of anything. That was my experience, choose to believe it or not.

The driver has been with my aunt for the last 20 years. :p

Users who are viewing this thread