Pakistan Tour of England and Ireland - July/September 2016

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Oh what a test. I've been ill the past few days so have sat through most of this and it was enthralling cricket from start to finish. The illusions of Shah, the resilience of Woakes, the stubbornness of Misbah and the redemption of Amir. Few could have written a script like it, let alone enacted it.

Pakistan are well deserved winners and for all the hours Sky have already spent and will spend till the next test discussing England's flaws and frailties, we need to take a moment and discuss the current Pakistan side. It is genuinely dangerous, far more than I expected they would be, here in alien conditions.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Somebody send Graeme Swann some Burnol. If he was sick before, I wonder how he must feel now.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's a comment on cricinfo that everyone will enjoy:

Most of yasir shah wickets were in UAE where pitches are slow and low turners. He's average will come down to earth when he'll play outside UAE

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This victory is a breath of fresh air although not as convincing as they should have. If they want to win more this season with lots of overseas tests coming up, they need to work on their batting specially how to convert 20s and 30s into 100s and 200s. Otherwise I feel this test victory will be the first and the last considering we are not going to get a better pitch then this.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a fine performance by Pakistan. Special mention of Yasir Shah, Aamir and Misbah-ul-Haq. Pakistan was in more control since the start and I'd back Ramiz Raja statement that everytime Pakistan would score 300 plus, England would be in pressure because of Pakistan's strong batting line-up.

I believe Pakistan still lacks an all-rounder in the test squad. Opening pair looks a problem. Shan Masood has been inconsistent but deserves second test chance. I think team shouldn't be changed

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
He means that they (England) want to be the ones celebrating next time. It's Media Training 101. Nothing more or less too it. They literally say it every time they lose. I doubt he really cares about the actual celebration.

Which we all thought was pretty cool anyway. :thumbs

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He means that they (England) want to be the ones celebrating next time. It's Media Training 101. Nothing more or less too it. They literally say it every time they lose. I doubt he really cares about the actual celebration.

Which we all thought was pretty cool anyway. :thumbs
I got to that conclusion myself. :thumbs
I reacted like that because the article I read on cricket.com.au made it seem like Cook was pissed off at the celebration.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Ben Duckett is better then Hales. I reckon he's the answer to Englands' opening slot...

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
??? Tell more about him......... :thumbs

Averaging over 50 in the County Championship including 282* (First year opening I believe) and today scored 163* against the Pakistan A side. All he needs to do is get a little more consistent and he'll be Englands' own Warner...

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tremendous all-around performance from Pakistan - loved seeing the seamers take control in the second innings and Yasir was just outstanding. Anderson will be extremely dangerous at Old Trafford and I think Broad will be better for having him back as his new-ball partner. Pakistan's batsmen had better be on the lookout tomorrow if they bat first.

Users who are viewing this thread