Pakistan Tour To New Zealand (Jan 2016)

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Williamson is the #1 batsman across all formats. Is he better than ABD, yes he is. Is he better than Smith, Yes he is. Is he better than Root, Yes he is. Is he better than Kohli, Yes he is.
Is He more innovative and aggressive than ABDV? Nope. Is He more consistent and reliable than Smith? Maybe. Is He a match winner like Kohli? Nope.

PokerAce

Banned
Is He more innovative and aggressive than ABDV? Nope. Is He more consistent and reliable than Smith? Maybe. Is He a match winner like Kohli? Nope.

I think across all three formats, Williamson is the most consistant performer. Williamson can score a tough 100 in tests, and destroy any attack in the limited overs, and do so effortlessly. He is better than ABD (in the past year) if you ask me. Yes he is moer consistant than Smith. And I think Williamson is a match winner however you look at it.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I think across all three formats, Williamson is the most consistant performer. Williamson can score a tough 100 in tests, and destroy any attack in the limited overs, and do so effortlessly. He is better than ABD (in the past year) if you ask me. Yes he is moer consistant than Smith. And I think Williamson is a match winner however you look at it.
One bad Year for ABDV doesn't mean He can be beaten by someone like Williamson, who is a very talented batsman, but still is in his learning days.

By match winner, I meant a big game, big pressure player. He's won way more matches for India under difficult circumstances than Williamson.

*remembers his century against Pakistan when India was 18-1 in CWC'15
*remembers his knock against Sri Lanka when chasing 350 odd runs in Australia
*remembers his knock against Australia when chasing 350 odd runs in India
*remembers his knock against Pakistan when chasing 330 odd runs in Bangladesh (Asia Cup 2012)
*remembers his knock against Pakistan when India was 59/3 in WT20 2014
*remembers his knock against South Africa when chasing 170 odd runs in WT20 2014 Semi-Final

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
One bad Year for ABDV doesn't mean He can be beaten by someone like Williamson, who is a very talented batsman, but still is in his learning days.

By match winner, I meant a big game, big pressure player. He's won way more matches for India under difficult circumstances than Williamson.

*remembers his knock against Pakistan when chasing 330 odd runs in Bangladesh (Asia Cup 2012)
*remembers his knock against South Africa when chasing 170 odd runs in WT20 2014 Semi-Final
*remembers that his average against Pakistan excluding Asia Cup 2012 and WC 2015 is less than 15

PokerAce

Banned

Its not about ABD having a poor year, its more a case of Williamson really coming up. In the past calender year Willamson has a bradmanesque average of 90 with the bat in tests. He is the second highest run scorer in ODIs in the past year and is central to NZ's recent rise. Yes I agree he has not played the exact kind of innings that Kohli has (That 100 vs SL to chase 320 in 36 overs is out of this world), but he is consistantly scoring and thus helping his side win, so he is a match winner in his own right.[DOUBLEPOST=1452967654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Williamson is the best. For me in Tests it goes:

Williamson
Root/Smith/AB/Amla
Kolhi/Warner

THe only change I will make -

Williamson
Smith/ABD/Amla
Kohli/Warner/Root

Don't think Root and ABD are in the same league, not yet.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wasn't that wrong in the end. We managed to win the first T20 by performing well with both bat and ball, but in this one apart from Akmal and Malik no one else did anything with the bat, and the less said about the bowling, the better. Scoring 34 runs in the Powerplay just isn't acceptable by today's standards.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was a treat to watch the Kiwis bat, why didn't I bet? Williamson and Guptill did pretty wekk there. Pakistani bowlers are somewhat like teachers, no one knows when they'll punish and when they'll give a treat. :p

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think our batsmen, excluding Maqsood & Shehzad, did a good job of getting to a total of 168. I don't know what the point of playing Umar Gul is. He's 31 so, he is not a long term option for us.IMO, PCB should've included Junaid instead of Gul.The Board also needs to find a good spin bowler.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Yes, we all have to admire how Williamson stayed till there the end and fought like a warrior - If someone like Misbah had played the same kind of innings for Pakistan, the media would've crazily criticised Misbah to the extreme.

Colin Munro was a treat to watch, disappointed with two dropped catches off Aamir's bowling.

Not fair comparison mate, Misbah and Williamson are entirely different style of play batsmen. Kane does fight like a Warrior while Misbah has always been on the defensive side which has killed the team many many times

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Williamson is surely better than ABD, However for Smith and Kholi, I'll have to reserve my view and see him more. He played superbly in the last T-20 as well. Totally outplayed Pakistan bowling attack

On the second T-20, I would be on the critic side for Shahid Afridi's captaincy, The bowling change was pathetic, You got to give 2 over spell to your genuine bowlers whom you trust, first over gul then aamir then emad then afridi himself then wahab, They were all over the place. Afridi got panicked un-necessarily... It seems that sometimes when you get too focused on winning winning and winning you lost the track and thats what Afridi got stuck with In my view...

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Not fair comparison mate, Misbah and Williamson are entirely different style of play batsmen. Kane does fight like a Warrior while Misbah has always been on the defensive side which has killed the team many many times
You do realise that Misbah's strike rate is higher than all the others as a Twenty20 captain for Pakistan, right?

(Except Afridi)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
It is not really about the strike rate it is about how you pace it as match situation goes and how you build it throughout the innings to be called as a "Warrior" Sure, the media stuff has over bashed Misbah abilities but He is nowhere near to players like Kane Williamson and their fighting spirits. Having said that, Misbah has performed ahead of his natural talent in Test Cricket

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan lost this match when they decided to field first. Also, Rizwan needs some serious lessons on how to run between wickets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread