Pakistan Tour To New Zealand (Jan 2016)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Are you Mohammad Yousuf in disguise?

lol... I just revisited at the time you must be writing your post, I forgot about Haris Sohail, He definitely deserve to be in team before Shafiq if he gets fit, otherwise I think the best option you have is Asad Shafiq in case Haris is injured or Babar Azam or Shehzad doesn't perform well....

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
lol... I just revisited at the time you must be writing your post, I forgot about Haris Sohail, He definitely deserve to be in team before Shafiq if he gets fit, otherwise I think the best option you have is Asad Shafiq in case Haris is injured or Babar Azam or Shehzad doesn't perform well....
Shafiq has got the talent, but he needs to improve his strike rate.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Shafiq has got the talent, but he needs to improve his strike rate.

I can understand where are you coming, I partially agree with you but I feel that he hasnt been given enough chances the way Pak players used to get chances under captaincy of Wasim Akram and Inzamam-ul-Haq. I remember how Muhammad Yusuf was failed in many initial matches but Wasim had the talent eye, He gave him enough confidence. Shafiq hasn't been given enough confidence I think relative to the amount of talent he possess. He never had a set number in the batting order. We can see how stable he is in the test side and performing well. I am just talking here about the ODIS

Users who are viewing this thread