Story Pakistan v West Indies ODI Match Report (EA Sports Cricket 07 - PS2)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan Paste Woeful Windies

Pakistan have defeated a woefully inept West Indies team in a One Day International at Faisalabad.
The win was set up by brilliant seam bowling (and the less than brilliant batting AI of the opposition).
Shabbir Ahmed and Azhar Mahmood were the stars with 4 wickets apiece, after Pakistan won the toss and asked the West Indies to bat on a Normal pitch in the hope of finding some early movement with the seam bowlers in the Humid conditions.
Most of the batsmen were bowled by yorkers, with only Wallace (caught at point from a mistimed cut), Jacobs (caught at deep cover from a skied back foot slog), Chanderpaul (run out at the bowlers end attempting a 2nd run to long on after setting off late), and Collins (caught at cover after mistiming a slow offcutter) avoiding this fate and providing some variety to the highlights reel of wickets lost.
Pakistan knocked off the runs easily with their toughest task being to summon enough motivation to finish the match.
Shadab Kabir looked in good touch early, before becoming consumed by doubt with his score on 19 and looking more like a man on 99, as he scratched around in attempt to take his score into the 20's and therefore avoid a "failure", eventually being strangled down the legside attempting a glance off his hip during Dillon's first over.
Abdur Razzaq cruised to 20 like a man without a care in the world, but then changed his mind halfway through his stroke against the offspin Powell, playing too late as he attempted a sweep instead of a legside heave, and hitting the ball straight to square leg.
Victory was achieved with a single to Hasan Raza off the bowling of Chanderpaul, and the muted reaction of the batsman to victory matched that of the spectators (and the Fat Controller) who were left totally unimpressed by the West Indies batting performance (and the programming of the batting AI).

West Indies Scorecard

P.Wallace...........c Shadab Kabir b Shabbir Ahmed ...............0..(9) - -
R.Jacobs (wk).....c Saqlain Mushtaq b Azhar Mahmood.........19..(35) 4 -
W.Hinds.............b Azhar Mahmood...................................5..(21) 1 -
L.Roberts............b Shabbir Ahmed...................................18..(44) 2 -
B.Lara (c)...........b Azhar Mahmood...................................8..(21) 1 -
S.Chanderpaul.....run out................................................4..(13) - -
R.Powell.............b Shabbir Ahmed....................................0..(3) - -
N.McLean...........b Shabbir Ahmed....................................0..(1) - -
M.Dillon..............b Kabir Khan.........................................6..(15) - -
P.Collins.............c Salim Elahi b Azhar Mahmood................1..(15) - -
R.King............................not out....................................4*.(24) - -
Extras: 9 (w2,nb7)

TOTAL: all out for 74 off (33.3 overs)

Fall of Wkts:4,25,34,44,55,61,61,68,68,74

Pakistan Bowling

Shabbir Ahmed..........10 - 4 - 14 - 4
Kabir Khan.................7 - 1 - 21 - 1
Abdur Razzaq.............6 - 1 - 11 - 0
Azhar Mahmood........6.3 - 2 - 17 - 4
Saqlain Mushtaq.........4 - 0 - 10 - 0

Pakistan Scorecard

Salim Elahi.....................not out.........................31*.(34) 2 -
Shadab Kabir.........c R.Jacobs b M.Dillon................19..(23) 3 -
Abdur Razzaq.........c N.McLean b R.Powell.............20..(18) 3 -
Hasan Raza....................not out..........................2*.(4) - -
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Yousuf Youhana
Moin Khan (wk) (c)
Azhar Mahmood
Saqlain Mushtaq
Kabir Khan
Shabbir Ahmed
Extras: 3 (w2,nb)

TOTAL: 75/2 off (13.1 overs)

Fall of Wickets:41,73

West Indies Bowling

N.McLean................2 - 0 - 23 - 0
R.King.....................3 - 0 - 14 - 0
P.Collins..................4 - 1 - 12 - 0
M.Dillon...................2 - 0 - 21 - 1
W.Hinds..................1 - 0 - 3 - 0
R.Powell..................1 - 0 - 1 - 1
S.Chanderpaul.........0.1 - 0 - 1 - 0

PAKISTAN WON BY 8 WICKETS

Note: This match was "set" in 1999 so lineups and player names have been altered accordingly.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I decided to start small so I could actually finish something for a change.
So I did just that...finished a match for the first time in ages...and also finished a story/match report.
The batting AI is so bad that I can't be bothered playing a full series, but I'll play a series where I do the batting for both teams instead, and reassign controllers to make bowling changes and write a report/story on that.
Not sure who the series will be between, I'm all cricketed and interneted out now, will go rest my mind and come up with something in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread