Pakistan's greatest Cricketer

Who is/was the greatest Pakistani Cricketer?

• Total voters
cricket_lover said:
I agree with you dude, Asif is a good bowler. I haven't seen him much, but from what i heard his line/length is excellent, a bright prospect for Pakistan.

remember me i am waqar younis

i told you guys asif will be highest wicket taker in sl ;)

Asif is awesome. There is no doubt about it. And I love his attitude towards the game. But to call him better than Wasim and Waqar at such a young age is absolutely ridiculous. He is a long way from being called the best from the current crop of bowlers. He has got accuracy but no speed, something that could harm him on flat pitches where there is no movement. The good news is that Asif himself realizes that and has said that he will work hard to become fitter and faster.

cricket_lover said:
I haven't seen Hanif, Javed or Imran, but the best i've seen from Pakistan is Akram. Magnicificently fast, beautiful action and good person in general.

Statistically, he's the greatest. I also like Waqar, and Imran Khan.
Both statistically & practically,the greatest ever Pakistani bowler is Imran Khan & he's also one of the best allrounders of alltime(probably the best).

Last edited:
Wasim Akram rules or Shahid Afridi who i heard might retire from tests or odis one of em it was no the ary news

punk sk8r said:
Wasim Akram rules or Shahid Afridi who i heard might retire from tests or odis one of em it was no the ary news
So let me get this straight. Afridi or Akram, the greatest Pakistani cricketers? How could you even write those two names in the same sentence? Afridi is fun to watch, but that's about it.

At such an early stage we cannot compare Asif with bowling greats like Waqar and Wasim.Asif looks good so far.

WTF.. Asif has'nt even played more then 10 ODI matches, I'know he is good but? I'm stunned, you trying to insult Pakistan cricket Players ?

Last edited:
I can name 20 Indian bowlers that are/were better than Asif, and Asif is said to be the best ever Pak cricketer.

SA87 said:
I can name 20 Indian bowlers that are/were better than Asif, and Asif is said to be the best ever Pak cricketer.
Go ahead, name twenty that had statistically better starts to their careers than Asif.

Waqar and Akram is far better than Asif even though Asif has trhe potential to be great. It's the same as saying Flintoff's better than Beefy Botham

gary0808 said:
Waqar and Akram is far better than Asif even though Asif has trhe potential to be great. It's the same as saying Flintoff's better than Beefy Botham
Not quite the same. Flintoff has already proven himself. Asif has only performed in 3 tests. He is a very promising future prospect, but lightyears away from being better than the two W's.

Users who are viewing this thread