Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangzeb

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
I disagree with ball marker but I agree with replays cut scenes they are weird..

sorry if it looks like spam.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ball Marker is completely unnecessary. It's gone. What we could do with is a "blink" of colour pre-delivery for a fraction of a second so we can get a little more time to select front or backfoot, but again... most people (including me) are getting past that by premeditating on the front-foot and back-foot shots are a recipe for disaster against spin bowling, so it's kinda a mute-point anyway.

Fielding is the key area that needs to be fixed, that will flow on to other areas as we've already pointed out.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Either:

1. slow down the bowling; or
2. 'move' the bowling back a little bit so that you have that extra second.

TBH I don't know how you do it....but there's a lot of folks here abouts all talking the same thing (which is good because until I had my first bat I thought I was $hit hot....DB14 has unfortunately reminded me of how 'good' I really am lol).

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I reckon I have enough time to judge almost everything from spin to medium pace bowlers. But facing anything over 130kmph I'm just guessing, which is a why a little colour blip before delivery could give me have a chance on selecting the right foot, so I'm not always front-footing it. For now, it'll do pre-meditating foot movement, I can live with that... but there's an awful lot of assitance for the bowlers and not much, if anything, for batsman facing up to the Mitchell Johnsons and @MattW's throwing their arms over at 140kmph at the moment....

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Facing fast bowling in this game is a bit like a deer caught in the headlights. :p which is realistic I guess...

Of course, how fun it is depends on your mindset in playing this game. For some of us, I don't know if we can ever get the reaction time to face the quicks.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Either:

1. slow down the bowling; or
2. 'move' the bowling back a little bit so that you have that extra second.

TBH I don't know how you do it....but there's a lot of folks here abouts all talking the same thing (which is good because until I had my first bat I thought I was $hit hot....DB14 has unfortunately reminded me of how 'good' I really am lol).

honestly, it's the fielding is the issue. set a proper field, with realistic abilities, and batting is so much easier.

Right now, especially in career mode, you get out for 5 the first time you mistime a shot, because you haven?t got value for the few shots you?ve played well because the bastard lovechild of superman and thor has stopped everything 30 metres either side of him? and the front foot cover drive you premeditated to a bouncer that should have dropped safe has been caught by a guy who made Usain Bolt look like Steven Hawking to cover the distance to get there and Dick Fosbury look like well, still Steven Hawking, to leap the final 7 metres he couldn?t be arsed to run? so you have no leeway. And no chance to make a couple of mistakes but survive and stay out and learn from them and build up the player skills? it?s one mistake, out, and next innings where you?re feeling pressure to pick up your piss poor average and not make the same mistake again and oh my god there?s that steroid-freak, super agile ------ in the covers again, that?s already 12 runs I?ve just been robbed of and oh, there?s a bouncer I?ll hook it for six oh thank god it?s gone in front of square, no mid wicket? what?s that, deep backward square leg has caught me 2 metres from the rope at deep mid wicket, WTAF?

Sometimes it actually feels like my game has somehow failed their ?piracy? check and I?m getting the stitched up ?all the fielders are amazing? version, and I?m sat there thinking ?but I paid you bastards??

Fix fielding, and I guarantee 90% of the bitching about batting disappears overnight.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I have not seen many claim here that they have the reactions that are quick enough to judge their back/front foot movement against a quick bowler. I would love to hear if anyone has actually perfected this way of playing.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have not seen many here claim here that they have the reactions that are quick enough to judge their back/front foot movement against a quick bowler. I would love to hear if anyone has actually perfected this way of playing.

i reckon i get it right more than not, say 80%... my biggest problem comes when i premeditate. i find i play better when i clear my head, forget what just happened to the last ball and watch what's coming next. (and play worst when i just can't leave what happened to the last ball and play the square cut i should have played last ball to the middle stump yorker coming this ball)

my problem 100% is the absolute inability to get value for the shots i do play, because of the fields set and the abilities of the fielders.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I have not seen many here claim here that they have the reactions that are quick enough to judge their back/front foot movement against a quick bowler. I would love to hear if anyone has actually perfected this way of playing.
The best way right now seems to be push on front foot and drive, hoping that the ball is either too short and misss the bat completely or full enough to keep along the ground. Anything else seems to either edge the ball or get caught at the circle by driving in the air.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
After patch#1 direct hits were reduced and now its easier to get 2's and 3's but sometimes when we go for direct hit and when it misses the stump, the bowler/keeper takes more time to remove the bails and sometimes they don't bother to hit the stumps even when the batsman hasn't completed the run.

I think some tweaking here would make the game even better.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
my problem 100% is the absolute inability to get value for the shots i do play, because of the fields set and the abilities of the fielders.

This +4.5 stars. It's absolutely this in a nutshell. Can't tell you how many times I've absolutely belted it down the ground for a certain boundary only to have mid off catch it diving backwards. It's that risk-vs-reward balance that's far too much in favor of the fielding side currently.

...it's a crapshoot if you try to hit out, which is why I'm enjoying the T20 matches so much because it doesn't matter if you're out for 20 runs as you've most likely clipped a few XP for a 50 partnership by that point and/or you've upped the run-rate a little and got at least +2 for front-foot skill somewhere along the way, so it's fine.

It's the ODI and TEST formats where the ----- in the field really get to you because you HAVE to stick around somehow, and pushing ones and twos for 15 overs to cover and fine leg feels like watching paint dry and nothing something your little future Rodger Twose in waiting should be building his career scoring shots around, at age 22...

D

Dutch

This +4.5 stars. It's absolutely this in a nutshell. Can't tell you how many times I've absolutely belted it down the ground for a certain boundary only to have mid off catch it diving backwards. It's that risk-vs-reward balance that's far too much in favor of the fielding side currently.

...it's a crapshoot if you try to hit out, which is why I'm enjoying the T20 matches so much because it doesn't matter if you're out for 20 runs as you've most likely clipped a few XP for a 50 partnership by that point and/or you've upped the run-rate a little and got at least +2 for front-foot skill somewhere along the way, so it's fine.

It's the ODI and TEST formats where the ----- in the field really get to you because you HAVE to stick around somehow, and pushing ones and twos for 15 overs to cover and fine leg feels like watching paint dry and nothing something your little future Rodger Twose in waiting should be building his career scoring shots around, at age 22...

Funny how the momentum has shifted. For years we have been complaining about how abject fielding has been in cricket games.! Not that I dont agree with you but i guess BA have listened to that and really tried to make fielding very competitive. Maybe the pendulum has swung somewhat out of kilt the other way. i am positive they are hearing it and are working on it and will release something that will bring the balance back....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can't tell you how many times I've absolutely belted it down the ground for a certain boundary only to have mid off catch it diving backwards. It's that risk-vs-reward balance that's far too much in favor of the fielding side currently.

yep. as i mentioned elsewhere, my "natural" cover drive is pretty much straight to extra cover. so i accept that i am gonna hit a lot of well timed ones that i don't get runs for, but hell that's cricket. but when i have patiently waited for the wider one and hit it 15/20 metres to his left, like a rocket and it's one of those where in real life you know it's four and you probably wouldn't even run for it but he's cut it off so quick there isn't even a single there... and i have been robbed of 12 runs at least in three overs when i average 7.5... heart breaking.

and then i premeditate a cover drive and it's a bouncer and i chip it up in the air but hey, than god it's going straight over the bowler's head about 15 metres back, i'm safe and can even get a single and... oh. extra cover has got it. great. out for 6, i now average 7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread