Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

A freshly started career (on Rookie!) was the same - 7 teams, 40 overs, 14 rounds.

*cancels pre order*

Maybe there was a bug with the Pro40 in career mode that's what Ross meant and not that it was being changed to 50 overs.

I'd imagine it's to make it so it won't impact current careers - fixing the length of matches to the old style would be better than changing the structures totally, which might need a restart.

I have just played a game imagining that the xbox 'X' is now the 'leave' button.
I don't like it. One of the triggers would have been better, but as I've never left a delivery since I started playing it won't really bother me.
At the moment if you don't want to play a delivery just don't play a shot. As there is no real penalty for being hit by a 90mph delivery, just let it hit you.

At the moment if you don't want to play a delivery just don't play a shot. As there is no real penalty for being hit by a 90mph delivery, just let it hit you.

This is exactly how I play the leave shot!

*cancels pre order*

Maybe there was a bug with the Pro40 in career mode that's what Ross meant and not that it was being changed to 50 overs.
I'm reasonably happy they changed it from 50 as 40 overs is better in domestic level, in my opinion. A bit more fast paced and similar to t20's. Also, the name was bugging me. Not forgetting that it's always fun playing against the minnows.

Also the leave shots, it must be said, are pretty ugly. The front foot goes outside leg, unlike no leave I've ever seen. Normally you'd have planted your front foot forward, decided the ball was outside off, and then raised your bat for a leave. Alternatively, you've taken your back foot back and across and then decide to leave. Never would you put your front foot outside leg.

I went through the change log but failed to find anything about AI field placement. Any thoughts on the this from Ross or HBK.

lol , allways ready and waiting to pounce on any newbie mistake hey bubsie ?

Anyways , great work Ross and Co , looking forward to playtest this when Patch No. 2 launches , then we can narrow the long list of fixes down to hopefully a handfull of minor tweaks etc. for Patch No. 3. :thumbs:thumbs

A freshly started career (on Rookie!) was the same - 7 teams, 40 overs, 14 rounds.

Brilliant! Thanks for checking Matt. The fact that the Netherlands are in your screenshot pretty much conforms it.

I prefer the more matches that last year's format provided. As a fan going to the matches it's annoying that we only get to see matches against half the teams in our group at home this year.

I have just played a game imagining that the xbox 'X' is now the 'leave' button.
I don't like it. One of the triggers would have been better, but as I've never left a delivery since I started playing it won't really bother me.

Same here - I've never left a shot, however I'm glad they've removed the RAS push as I've accidentally pushed the RAS in whilst playing a shot and left it (and gotten bowled). :facepalm still it happens so rarely that I don't bother.

This is also how I play the leave shot, now. And I don't play R3 leaves by accident anymore, because I went out and bought a new controller.

I've had an unpleasant moment, leaving short balls from a quick (I've taken to playing the quicks as if I was actually playing one: leave anything I don't have to hit to keep off the stumps, until they've slowed down enough to actually play) - it didn't bounce that high and hit the bat.

One of the more embarrassing dismissals I've endured ...

Users who are viewing this thread