Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

So if we save then will the BARS data be available for the whole innings??

NO !!!!! (speaking of patch 1) don't know about patch 2

@zimrahil

Okay I understand that but why is it really necessary to quit the game for the sake of saving ?

Is this some kind of limitation in sports games ? and if I remember correctly even BLC99 allowed in-game saves but after an over..

Last edited:
No, I imagine it's just too much effort/lack of benefit to save all the data for it to disk - while during matches it can just sit in RAM.

With saves you always have to consider that we have thousands of pages of TRC's that we must adhere to, it's not as simple as saying a previous game did this or that, particularly if it was on PC or a previous generation of console that did not have a HDD.

----------

as @MattW above, the data required would be too much for to little pay back.

Out of interest, how viable in the future (ie next gen/PC) would it be for the simulation to include BARS?

And why does that 'show' button still do nothing?

Outstanding! I think your team's commitment to improve this already sterling cricket simulator is unprecedented and commendable. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately you didn't really comment on any specifics and just generally thanking the developers so quote was not needed, plus if everyone keeps doing that the thread is just one big quote with occasional comments in between

Hmm, maybe I don't understand this but playing uncharted 1,2,3 since last 4 months or so it happened to me many times but I never lost my save files data etc....

p.s I always backup save files to external hard drive after a week or so... :rolleyes

Just quietly, did you ever play XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within?

That game has an "ironman" setting, where there is only one save and it's written out whenever anything changes (it was to replicate the way many of us played the original X-COM: UFO Defense / UFO: Enemy Unknown, way back in the dim dark depths of gaming history).

The forums for that game were always full of people complaining because their ironman save had corrupted, and thus all their progress was lost.

I'm really not clear on why people find the save system awkward, tbh - but then I tend to play games ironman anyway.

I've done a bit of a search and not found the answer, so apologies if this has already been asked...

Is the patch save game compatible? I.e. will it add the nets between games to my current career and will the other changes take effect or will I have to start a new one?

I'm halfway into my second year in my career as an all-rounder. Just got my first 50 in the County Championship, and I'm loving it. Would be a shame to have to start again.

I've done a bit of a search and not found the answer, so apologies if this has already been asked...

Is the patch save game compatible? I.e. will it add the nets between games to my current career and will the other changes take effect or will I have to start a new one?

I'm halfway into my second year in my career as an all-rounder. Just got my first 50 in the County Championship, and I'm loving it. Would be a shame to have to start again.

As per Ross you don't need to restart your career and patched changes will be accessible to your ongoing career.

Bigant U little beauty!! Thanks for all your ongoing effort to better the game! This might be an unrelated question (and sorry if it was adressed in other forums), but I have red somewhere (long before game was launched) that there is a handshake system between consoles and pc? I.E. PS3 can play online with Xbox and PC gamers? Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread