Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

[/COLOR]I should add that we cannot release the patch until both Microsoft and Sony allow it - I am hopeful of the 6th as planned but it's out of our hands.

Any chance the digital version will be held back should there be a delay with the patch? I have next weekend booked off for it!

Oddly, this has never happened to me. Then again, I've only ever used the leave button twice anyway.

Chatting with HBK, it may just be a function of my controller being old, and the joystick is a bit worn such that it is very easy to press down.

What I will say is that there are definitely occasions when the guy leaves the ball without hearing a *click* from the joystick. Even just a minor press sans click does it. When it happens on middle stump....

I need to test it more out with my newer wireless controller. I prefer my wired one though because it's lighter.

----------

Any chance the digital version will be held back should there be a delay with the patch? I have next weekend booked off for it!

Isn't the PC version coming out late June, no? Both retail and digital?

Chatting with HBK, it may just be a function of my controller being old, and the joystick is a bit worn such that it is very easy to press down.

What I will say is that there are definitely occasions when the guy leaves the ball without hearing a *click* from the joystick. Even just a minor press sans click does it. When it happens on middle stump....

I need to test it more out with my newer wireless controller. I prefer my wired one though because it's lighter.

----------

Isn't the PC version coming out late June, no? Both retail and digital?

Digital console version is 6th june....

Last edited by a moderator:
@BA please ( a cherry on top) reply on autosave or better save system ?
Autosave in-game is very dangerous. We can't risk people losing their game save data or any data if at the point where an auto save is occurring the system turns off or anything occurs that could corrupt the data.

Right now, you get the choice to save after every delivery if you want.

The save system is a lot better than most sports games.

Patch and digital version are independent. Digital was submitted long ago.

Autosave in-game is very dangerous. We can't risk people losing their game save data or any data if at the point where an auto save is occurring the system turns off or anything occurs that could corrupt the data.
Can't you auto-save to a new file and then delete the old one after successfully writing the save?

Can't you auto-save to a new file and then delete the old one after successfully writing the save?

We do that anyway however there can still be issues with the OS caching the writes. We've deemed it too risky.

----------

Fingers crossed patch#2 gets out in synch with the digital release otherwise it's digital+patch#1 for 6th June.

Thanks for replying but hey wait almost 95% of games have autosave feature... I know it's a risk but you gotta take it.. saving system as it is now is very slow and painful too...

How about keeping 2 or 3 backup autosaves ? or maybe autosave after every 5 or 10 overs so one should know if it's gonna be a power failure (according the clock) then he would stop playing till the deadline passes away ? I'm curious about this because there's much power failures in Asia so we can't enjoy an ODI at all then think about test matches..... Autosave can be made optional too... it's always player's responsibility to be aware about this else I would never play GTA5 , Heavy Rain etc. etc.
but then again it's upto you guys...

Thanks...

Last edited:
Thanks for replying but hey wait almost 95% of games have autosave feature... I know it's a risk but you gotta take it.. saving system as it is now is very slow and painful too...

How about keeping 2 or 3 backup autosaves ? but then again it's upto you guys...

Thanks...

Compare sports games, does FIFA etc save mid-game? If you disconnect can you continue the game later?

It's not the number of saves, it's the technical issue that if the power goes off during a disk write then anything can happen to the directory structure and we do not control when the write occurs.

Hmm, maybe I don't understand this but playing uncharted 1,2,3 since last 4 months or so it happened to me many times but I never lost my save files data etc....

p.s I always backup save files to external hard drive after a week or so... :rolleyes

Hmm, maybe I don't understand this but playing uncharted 1,2,3 since last 4 months or so it happened to me many times but I never lost my save files data etc....

p.s I always backup save files to external hard drive after a week or so... :rolleyes

Compare sports games, does FIFA etc save mid-game? If you disconnect can you continue the game later?

Ross is saying compare DBC to other sports games, not other genres. I cannot think of any sport game that allows autosaves whilst playing a match

EA (with all their resources) only just introduced saving play during a round in TW Golf 14, and that's not an autosave - you have to save and exit and then load round again - sound familiar?

So if we save then will the BARS data be available for the whole innings??

Users who are viewing this thread