Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Same here - I've never left a shot, however I'm glad they've removed the RAS push as I've accidentally pushed the RAS in whilst playing a shot and left it (and gotten bowled). :facepalm still it happens so rarely that I don't bother.

I don't think they removed it. They just added an additional button. Not really a useful change. I think it would be pretty much impossible to get from thumb on the stick to X button in useful time.

But I also have never left a ball.

It is impossible to do a proper leave on pro and higher. I myself just dont move the stick when I see a ball wide outside off. A face button is not going to help much.

It is impossible to do a proper leave on pro and higher. I myself just dont move the stick when I see a ball wide outside off. A face button is not going to help much.

It needs to be something that can be used reflexively, ball after ball. A face button isn't ideal, neither is pressing in the stick.

Personally both sticks should still be usable while leaving (that is, you can decide late to leave) with obvious associated risks of course. For that reason I'd think that pressing both shoulder buttons could be an option (I don't think there are any mapped unorthodox down the wicket shots). It really depends doesn't it.

Would like to ask mattw about speed variations. What's the difference between fastest and the slowest ball.
In the current version there's just too much a difference which is unrealistic.
Playing some online games with top 10 in the leaderboards. And the bowling is 156 fastest to 88 slowest. So the game in that case is 30% skill and 70% luck.

I have just played a game imagining that the xbox 'X' is now the 'leave' button.
I don't like it. One of the triggers would have been better, but as I've never left a delivery since I started playing it won't really bother me.
At the moment if you don't want to play a delivery just don't play a shot. As there is no real penalty for being hit by a 90mph delivery, just let it hit you.

Agreed. I thought they added the X button to replace the R3 for leaving a shot. Now I'm not sure why this change was done, as it is harder to press X and you can still accidentally press R3 which usually ends in a bad way. I'll just stick to consciously not pressing R3 and not pressing anything if I wanted to leave.

A brought up the leaving ball issue when CA nets first came out, suggested a trigger button and got a pretty negative response!!! Anything wide can just be left by not pressing anything, which means you only need 2 types of leave, ducking and lifting the bat if the ball is going over the stumps.

A trigger button plus up or down on the LAS for the 2 types would cover that.

I have just played a game imagining that the xbox 'X' is now the 'leave' button.
I don't like it. One of the triggers would have been better, but as I've never left a delivery since I started playing it won't really bother me.
At the moment if you don't want to play a delivery just don't play a shot. As there is no real penalty for being hit by a 90mph delivery, just let it hit you.

Im also not a fan of X for the leave (on PS), so im glad R3 is still in.
Its a shame about there not really being a penalty for getting drilled by one. I think something could be done about it, say for instance your confidence drops by half. Anyway it would be good to get something in place to stop people letting themselves get hit and not evading and not caring if they get tattooed. If people play that way it creates bad batting habits.
Each to their own though...

Im also not a fan of X for the leave (on PS), so im glad R3 is still in.
Its a shame about there not really being a penalty for getting drilled by one. I think something could be done about it, say for instance your confidence drops by half. Anyway it would be good to get something in place to stop people letting themselves get hit and not evading and not caring if they get tattooed. If people play that way it creates bad batting habits.
Each to their own though...

If there's a penalty (or they get the injuries working) for getting hit by one then dodging will need to become easier, IMO.

Even when I play the leave, my boy often sways into the path of the ball.

I don't think they removed it. They just added an additional button. Not really a useful change. I think it would be pretty much impossible to get from thumb on the stick to X button in useful time.

But I also have never left a ball.

well it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem for me so I'm cool with that.

I just hope batting in internationals is a little easier

the difference in my players ability between first class and international is ridicolous

About 30km/h.

Is that the difference between the fastest and the slowest in a single over (that is, from one bowler with comparable fatigue between the deliveries)?

That gives me fear, if the quicks can go from 140 to 110 in the space of one delivery and with no appreciable difference in the delivery animation :/

Actually, I really hope they've tweaked AI batting and bowling as well ie.

Batting - not playing stupid/rash shots esp in FC games
Bowling - bowling line/length, stopping them consistently swapping bowling over/around the wicket.

Its the first week of June....can't be too long now! :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread