Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Where are you getting those numbers from. The current figures for "attach rate" are something like:

Wii U: 5.2 games per console (some sources suggest about 4.1)
PS4: 2.6 games per console
Xbone: 3.3 games per console

From what I can tell, although I'm not sure of the overall accuracy of those numbers. Again, they have had a headstart, but they aren't completely dead from those numbers, particularly as that would be better than both the Xbone, PS4, as well as the PS Vita, PSP and such.

In truth, not that bad at all. Particularly consider the sales boom with the Mario Kart 8, which sold over 1.2 million units in it's first 4 days, selling faster than Titanfall and Infamous Second Son (~1 mil in first month, and 9 days to reach the million mark respectively from what I can find), so it's not exactly all doom and gloom.

All that said, are there still plans in place for the PS4 and Xbone, considering that their take up rate is still quite small (the Xbone having sold less than the Wii U still)?

Wii U has been out for much longer than the PS4 and Xbox 1, and has also been easier to come across stock wise.

What were the attach rates for the 360, PS3 and original Wii after they'd been out for as long as the Wii U?

----------

Would you please look at possibly including the ingame bowler economy in a future patch?

Ross actually works for the department of education and wants kids to improve their mental arithmetic.

Where am I getting the numbers? Not Google, I have the *real* numbers for sell-through, they are a disaster.

Publishers like making money, they'd be all over the Wii U if they beleived there was upside. They are not.

----------

Btw I have unused dev kits, they cost a great deal of money as did the staff time to get it all going - I want it to work and invested heavily in it. Just calling it as I see it.

Last edited:
Ross: Releasing the patch on both platforms at the same time,is it a rule or that's your preference??

Ross: Releasing the patch on both platforms at the same time,is it a rule or that's your preference??
i am guessing they release them both at same time incase one of them finds something and what they change in 1 they prob have to change on the other

Where am I getting the numbers? Not Google, I have the *real* numbers for sell-through, they are a disaster.

Publishers like making money, they'd be all over the Wii U if they beleived there was upside. They are not.

----------

Btw I have unused dev kits, they cost a great deal of money as did the staff time to get it all going - I want it to work and invested heavily in it. Just calling it as I see it.

How old is the data you're working off out of curiosity? Not being on the inside I can only work off what the media gets, which whilst it was looking dismal it has been looking considerably better recently. I think the most interesting part of it has been the upswing since about November-December last year, as well as Mario Kart 8 firing out of the blocks. 1.2 million units sold in 4 days is impressive by any measure. What's more is that it is driving hardware sales, with it being reported that 82% of Mario Kart 8 games sold in the UK were as a bundle of some sort, while overall hardware sales were up more than 600%.

I seriously doubt the Wii U will be remembered that fondly by Nintendo, but there does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel, particularly after impressive sales figures around Mario Kart 8 and an equally impressive E3.

Umm .. Is this true ?

The Patch2 changes to gameplay and difficulty wont kick in with the current career that I am playing ?

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post I think :P But question still valid

It will be done with the current career no need of new career...I said so as he was unhappy with the England team wearing white uniforms for ODi that's why I suggested this......

It will be done with the current career no need of new career...I said so as he was unhappy with the England team wearing white uniforms for ODi that's why I suggested this......

Ahh okay. Thanks

I personally couldn't care less about the uniforms :)

13/06 and still no word on approval from both platforms, not looking good for a new patch today.

Why? It's morning in Aus and 12/06 elsewhere. And once it's approved can't it be rolled out immediately?

Not sure about it being rolled out immediately but they seem to be having trouble getting approval from one of the platforms, I just dont feel good that it is taking so long to get it, there must be a reason why.

Not sure about it being rolled out immediately but they seem to be having trouble getting approval from one of the platforms, I just dont feel good that it is taking so long to get it, there must be a reason why.
ETA is 13/06. Date (mostly) is 12/06. This exact same thing happened for the first patch as well. It might well not make the ETA, but there's currently no reason to suspect it won't.

ETA is 13/06. Date (mostly) is 12/06. This exact same thing happened for the first patch as well. It might well not make the ETA, but there's currently no reason to suspect it won't.

Good to hear, really looking forward to putting some time into career over my long weekend :)

PS Store takes 15 minutes to get the patch online once we push the button.

MS I'm not sure.

With regard to waiting until both are approved, it's a contractual issue, the platforms holders insist on equality.

PS Store takes 15 minutes to get the patch online once we push the button.

MS I'm not sure.

With regard to waiting until both are approved, it's a contractual issue, the platforms holders insist on equality.

So no word on it getting approval?

I also must apologise if I seemed a bit aggressive about my views on piracy. Whilst I've had some bad experiences with DRM, and certain companies using it as a cure all shield for what looks from the outside to be poor business management, planning and cancellation, Big Ant have been noting but stellar in the production of the game so far.

I realise that it must be frustrating from your side to hear anyone question piracy when your company is fighting to get it's foot in the door, particularly in the sub continent. I can understand how questioning such a fundamental concern could cause offense.

Hopefully the patch and future work all goes well in the coming days and months.

Will you be "pushing the button"as soon as you get approval?

Users who are viewing this thread