Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Any reason why the patch could not have been released with the proviso that we had to restart our career modes again? Like patch 1??

You didn't have to restart career modes for patch 1, you got to make a choice whether you wanted to get the improvements or keep going. Having a save game that you put months into corrupt because people can't wait a week is not a valid trade off.

Any reason why the patch could not have been released with the proviso that we had to restart our career modes again? Like patch 1??

because guaranteed people would either a)not restart and complain when it messed up, or b)complain anyway if forced to lose something they'd put effort into

further, i'd expect the platform holder who spotted this problem probably wouldn't have even allowed such an option, because why would they?

We waited for this game for so long and we got it. What harm will a few weeks wait for a patch do? In the meanwhile we have a very playable game to kill time.

because guaranteed people would either a)not restart and complain when it messed up, or b)complain anyway if forced to lose something they'd put effort into

further, i'd expect the platform holder who spotted this problem probably wouldn't have even allowed such an option, because why would they?

Agreed, and yeah, there wouldn't be an option with them.

We could have released the other one because they didn't know about the issue, but that would be contrary to our agreement to release them at the same time and mostly would be just a really bad thing to do to people who have invested in long career modes.

Agreed, and yeah, there wouldn't be an option with them.

We could have released the other one because they didn't know about the issue, but that would be contrary to our agreement to release them at the same time and mostly would be just a really bad thing to do to people who have invested in long career modes.

Any idea when it would be resubmitted again? I mean is it too complicated or you guys can fix it soon?

when i went on my xbox yesterday, i started getting updates... for a few seconds i thought it was the patch, then realised i hadn't actually gone into the game yet and it was just system updates... quite a buzzkill.

Happy to wait for the patch knowing it wont trash my career save. I hope everyone can agree on that

For shiz. The "Issues and Anomalies after patch 2" thread would have been even more popular than this one if that hadn't been picked up.

It's fixed and has gone straight back in.

Playing FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil on the PS3 today there were a number of things I noticed:

- The World Cup is terribly portrayed, and you can't actually get the game to do a realistic draw
- Road to the World Cup can recreate the real world fixtures, but if you want to get it to do a redraw, it seems to be little more than a shuffle, and the game doesn't seem to include seeding (watching Japan go out to Korea before even the first group stage in AFC qualifying was quite satisfying)
- The form system in the game is very... well, gamey. Players don't develop as such, and the overall rosters are a bit narrow
- There exists a game breaking bug which makes the game hang when certain teams play at home, including Mexico and Argentina

When you compare their budgets to your own, it is stunning how well DBC 14 is for a first game in a series, when they've had 20 years of FIFA games, and can still bugger some very basic things up.

But Ross, please, please don't give an ETA.

Users who are viewing this thread