Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

@BigAntStudios It may be answered before & somehow I missed it, but I would like to know, during the testing by Sony/MS, do they stop testing as soon as they find 01 Single Bug, or do they continue testing for additional bugs. Because if it is the former then there may be a chance of finding a new bug once you have submitted the Patch after fixing the particular bug identified by Console Holder, and if it is later, that mean console holder are not expecting any new bug, and will just check if the Fix is working properly or not.

If they keep finding new bugs (I am not speaking about DBC14 in particular here), after developer submit the fix, then it could stretch to long time. Would be glad if you or anyone who has idea about the process can share how it work.

@BigAntStudios It may be answered before & somehow I missed it, but I would like to know, during the testing by Sony/MS, do they stop testing as soon as they find 01 Single Bug, or do they continue testing for additional bugs. Because if it is the former then there may be a chance of finding a new bug once you have submitted the Patch after fixing the particular bug identified by Console Holder, and if it is later, that mean console holder are not expecting any new bug, and will just check if the Fix is working properly or not.

If they keep finding new bugs (I am not speaking about DBC14 in particular here), after developer submit the fix, then it could stretch to long time. Would be glad if you or anyone who has idea about the process can share how it work.

And would add to that another question..Do they play the game to check or check the codes??

Sony/MS don't go through the patch code, actually they test from user end by playing the game applying patch ,if one bug is noticed they don't stop,they look for other bugs. " This is as per my knowledge ,correct me if wrong"

Ross: Once patch approved by MS/Sony,gaming companies can edit or modify the patch for a small bug which found by developers after the patch approval ( if MS/Sony didn't identified that small bug ) then put it live ,if modified how come Sony/MS come to know about it or will they not know about it at all. (Just for Knowledge)

Last edited:
Ross: Once patch approved by MS/Sony,gaming companies can edit or modify the patch for a small bug which found by developers after the patch approval ( if MS/Sony didn't identified that small bug ) then put it live ,if modified how come Sony/MS come to know about it or will they not know about it at all. (Just for Knowledge)

The build you submit to MS/Sony is the one that goes out (you submit it and, if it passes, they are the ones who propagate it). No changes after testing.

I don't know how they go about testing a game or patch approval but I think when u test a certain game in a field like Sports/RPG/FFS etc they need testers that's actually passionate about that genre of game he/she is testing. I mean take a few blokes on here and myself included. Give us a patch or game before release and i'm sure we will have every little bug covered like 99% Boom! I know there's probably much more that goes into testing a game.

I just know ill have months and months of Holidays if I get the hours back I've spend on cricket games never mind mentioning Fifa or FPS.

@Dutch, @Biggs,
Matt mentioned there are more edges post patch 2 compared to before. Wouldn't more edges lead to a more difficult batting experience? So far I'm not able to figure out how batting is easier even though thre are more edges. Would be great if you guys can elaborate a bit on more edges yet an easier batting experience.

@MattW, can you provide more info on DBC 14 post patch 2 being easier to bat on but at the same time there being more edges. To me these two statements seem contradictory and would appreciate if you can provide some clarity.

It generally takes game breaking bugs for it to pulled. We're talking system crashes or hard reboots for it to not get allowed through. Or you need to be EA and then you can just release whatever you want.

@MattW, can you provide more info on DBC 14 post patch 2 being easier to bat on but at the same time there being more edges. To me these two statements seem contradictory and would appreciate if you can provide some clarity.
More edges in a bowling context. It's no more contradictory than before the patch when you'd edge it all the time while you are batting, but never get an AI edge.

I'll note my general disclaimer that I rarely bat - either before the patch or after it, so I really can't judge if edges while batting are different.

More edges in a bowling context. It's no more contradictory than before the patch when you'd edge it all the time while you are batting, but never get an AI edge.

I'll note my general disclaimer that I rarely bat - either before the patch or after it, so I really can't judge if edges while batting are different.

beating my personal dead horse, additionally edges while batting will only make a difference if AI field settings become more realistic. the other day i edged right through a vacant 2nd/3rd slip area in the 5th over of a first class game - no slips at all so all i got was a four.

beating my personal dead horse, additionally edges while batting will only make a difference if AI field settings become more realistic. the other day i edged right through a vacant 2nd/3rd slip area in the 5th over of a first class game - no slips at all so all i got was a four.
Well all edges seem to go to the keeper so you'll be fine ;)

Well all edges seem to go to the keeper so you'll be fine ;)

to be fair, i don't think i have ever seen an edge go quite so wide ever before. had there been a slip there, it would have been an awesome moment even if i'd have been on the wrong end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread