Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

to be fair, i don't think i have ever seen an edge go quite so wide ever before. had there been a slip there, it would have been an awesome moment even if i'd have been on the wrong end of it.

Wish that could happen more frequently. If the no. of edges while batting remains the same but variety is added, it will solve two problems in one go. It will bring positions such as slips, gully and bat-pad (short leg, silly point etc.) in play, and at the same time make batting easier as not every edge will go to wkt keeper and result in a dismissal. I've hardly had an edge where the ball runs to 3rd man or fine leg for a 4.

I have had a number of edges whilst batting go to second and third slip.... On pc version. More than before the patch, much more....awesome moment was being dropped at 2nd slip off a flashing drive....and have seen the ball flash through the slips....Lets remember that there are far fewer edges in real cricket than we would like to believe.... We remember them but often fail to put them into context of the many many overs bowled without an edge....plus we are simulating many overs and expect to see loads of action in the relatively few overs we take part in......

Last edited by a moderator:
imagine this talking about edges... hardly ever get edges but then what do you know i nicked one down the leg side batting on 278 in a FC game. kill me someone

I have a number if edges whilst batting go to second and Third slip.... On pc version. More than before the patch, much more....awesome moment was being dropped at 2nd slip off a flashing drive....and see the ball flash through the slips....Lets remember that there are far fewer edges in real cricket than we would like to believe.... We remember them but often fail to put them into context of the many many overs bowled without an edge....

Yes you are right Dutch, i just want to see the AI looking for Edges more. Bowling a line and length outside off so leaving the ball is easier than before.

PS In future games a better set of fast bowlers, not just in animations but where they bowl but this would not be easy to program.

Yes you are right Dutch, i just want to see the AI looking for Edges more. Bowling a line and length outside off so leaving the ball is easier than before.

PS In future games a better set of fast bowlers, not just in animations but where they bowl but this would not be easy to program.

My experience is that bowlers are bowling more on off but perhaps not as much as you would expect......

My experience is that bowlers are bowling more on off but perhaps not as much as you would expect......

Great news Dutch and sounds good just need patch two now. PS Do you think Bigant could let the wicketkeeper get hit by the ball if a thick edges happens, like the close in fielders, maybe edges could fly anywhere more.

The patch can't come soon enough! Hearing all this great stuff about the patch doesn't make it easier

And I'm almost done with Watch Dogs which I thought could help me get by till this patch came around.

The patch can't come soon enough! Hearing all this great stuff about the patch doesn't make it easier

And I'm almost done with Watch Dogs which I thought could help me get by till this patch came around.

It's a hard wait but after reading the delay i was like Noooooooooo but to be honest the game is still wonderful now i just don't bowl much as not fun for long anymore but after patch god yes.

Bigant have made a wonderful game and if you Sim the bowling still a hard fight.

Aus vs WI. Test.

1st inns WI(AI) 309 2nd 238.

1st inns Aus(Me) 386 2nd 127:facepalm I lost and the AI never beat me if i bowl. God 34 runs a amazing game with clarke making 99:facepalm

PS Rain i have seen a few times but do they ever go off for a test match or only short games ?

Tonight and Friday night seems to be best day for releasing the patch, untill then waiting anxiously for it

Dutch - Are there leg byes in the patch / PC version?

Think I have seen one so far in my career game.

Dutch - Are there leg byes in the patch / PC version?

Think I have seen one so far in my career game.

I have definitely had byes and leg byes in the game.....need to play some more to see whether the frequency has improved on pre patch game. I am out of town on business at the moment and cannot play for a few days.....

I have definitely had byes and leg byes in the game.....need to play some more to see whether the frequency has improved on pre patch game. I am out of town on business at the moment and cannot play for a few days.....

I can confirm that there are Byes, Leg byes in the game and each of them have umpire animations too. Although they are rare but definitely are there.

beating my personal dead horse, additionally edges while batting will only make a difference if AI field settings become more realistic. the other day i edged right through a vacant 2nd/3rd slip area in the 5th over of a first class game - no slips at all so all i got was a four.

Played game for about 30 mins but went through all default fields and to be honest they are marginally improved at best.

The fact there appears to be no separation between one day and first class fields means it's hard to get realistic fields used for both formats at all times.

There are still silly mid on and off positions used in a lot of fields.

Once someone works out how to edit fields, using my extensive 10+ years at editing default fields (:p) I will go through and remove silly mid on/off from all fields. Silly point and short leg are fine and used frequently IRL and don't hamper gameplay, but silly mid on/off are rarely used IRL and do hamper gameplay in DBC.

AI fields don't need to be really innovative/wildly varied, just sensible and this is what I desperately want to do

I am hoping for patch 3, BA will allow me to alter the default fields to be used in that patch :D

Played game for about 30 mins but went through all default fields and to be honest they are marginally improved at best.

That's disappointing. Don't want to play games where AI has 3 slips in T20 or no slips & 4 outfielders in Tests :(

----------

I can confirm that there are Byes, Leg byes in the game and each of them have umpire animations too. Although they are rare but definitely are there.

Aryou talking pre or post patch 2? I haven't had a leg bye yet though I have played the game extensively for the last couple of months. Plus I've barely had a handful of byes which are mostly 4s off a bouncer which are not called wides. There aren't any leg byes where the ball hits you and the ball rolls to fine leg, 3rd man or square leg for boundary or for you to take runs. Currently the ball sort of dies when it hits the batsman. As for byes the keeper catches everyting so you can't really have byes.

Users who are viewing this thread