Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

i think they should put bowling in nets to make up for the lack of patch 2.

it's the only reasonable thing to do.

that would be rational if the game is not coming on 26th june for pc!

----------

how come you can obviously write a coherent sentence, but seem unable to read or understand? how do you explain that?

thats why toefl/ielts test reading, writing, listening and speaking skills separately!

All you guys who are crying about Patch #2 ... you all need to relax. Ross is doing his best to get us the patch. Even without the patch, the game is still great, and there are alot of stuff to master.

BTW just scored my first century yesterday, and then another one in the second innings in career mode. So, I have no complains as of yet. Yes I did got a little bit dissapointed of the patch not releasing on time but common GROW UP! The patch will come sooner or later right. So RELAX and wait. Cheers! :yes

Good question, but why don't you just get Patch 1 first? And why don't you have it already?!

I don't have the game yet as from the start I felt I would buy it once properly patched. Even though the game is considered the best cricket game yet (even before patch#1) Im really glad I waited....starting fresh with no real idea of what to expect, with a game that's had most of it's niggles sorted out without me getting frustrated through the whole process - fantastic! :)

Imagine the riots about pc release delay :) God forbid.

Ross will have to put a wig and dark glassies on if that's the case. Still can't wait to see if my PC is up to the task as i am a little worried after reading Biggs views.

I've been able to get the game running on my Laptop at around 720p with a little tweaking and it's pretty stable and looks okay. Not nearly as good as what Matt is getting with a dedicated PC, but for a Laptop it's running as best as I can get it without a dedicated gaming machine... Been playing single-player, since I couldn't get online with @MattW yesterday but I'll try tonight if he's around again.

Single-player there's much better replays, much better fielding/running camera angles and the ball-speed is MUCH improved from the console Post-Patch 1. I've mis-timed a couple of shots deliberately and had them fall-short of a few players which was a nice touch, I'm however getting a lot more edges through to the keeper than before.

It basically plays a lot faster/smoother on PC/Patch 2 and the replays and stuff are vastly improved, so you're not mashing "skip" as often.

Last edited:
How do you feel about the AI fields now Biggs and edges to slips plus if you want to find out if the line and length is better look at the replay at the end of the over for where the ball is pitched. I would like to see a better pattern outside off if you have the skills like say Macgrath vs say Johnson who likes to bowl short at the body. PS To be honest this area is not a easy fix and maybe something for a future game to get fully right.

Few tweaks would be nice.

Am I able to plead the 5th regarding field sets?

I haven't had any edges to slips yet, quite a few have gone off the edge and the keeper has dived to catch em, which was cool. But nothing wide to slips. Worth noting I'm playing with the on-disk team, no academy players (I'm going to manually link teams on PC rather than get-best, but I'm just playing with the on-disk stuff) and I'm playing at PRO level.

Line/Length seems pretty great to me. I'm getting more deliveries wide of the batsman on the off side, versus the straight-at-the-stumps stuff I've been getting on console.

I have had quite a few slips, a dropped catch at second slip....the keeper still grabs anything from first slip though....

Users who are viewing this thread