Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

laxsidd

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I fully understand the frustration and I must admit I do feel a bit like a spoilt brat gloating over his treasures; on the other hand we are not just playing for our own enjoyment but trying to give continued feedback on the state of things and working out whether everything particurlarly online is working as it should.
I just played an online match with Matt;

Would be great if you could share a video of an online game that you have played on the PC version - something to help us with the wait :)

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
What Matt says: I find that the details, the very fine details of the game really shine out on my computer: the state of the ball after 30 odd overs of a PRO40 game, the details on the fabric of the uniforms, etcetera etcetera.....the gameplay improvements however are across the board...

Here is a screenie of the ball after 39 overs of a PRO40.....just didnt notice this kind of detail on my PS3...................

View attachment 125969

See the stump camera? Unbelievable details!
The crack by the players foot: the ball hit that, veered of and knocked out off stump........manic fist pump.

Here is a nice one detailing the grain of the wood in the stumps.......the crease marks in the wickies pads!!!

View attachment 125968

A few more........

Dogs chewed this one......

View attachment 125970

View attachment 125973

View attachment 125972

View attachment 125971

The esthetically pleasing quality of this game is absolutely beautiful. I can just imagine a few guys making some really excellent career blogs or stories with the ingame screenshots and videos. Really stunning to look at. Beautiful light and shadow play and everything just oozes gorgeousness with the antialiasing and everything switched on.....

Hnnrrgh...gimme, gimme, gimme, haha! That looks absolutely fantastic - going to play the hell out of this. Might be an idea for me to get some of these uni reports out of the way in the next 8-9 days, haha! :lol

riseinflame1

School Cricketer
when can we expect the patch??? really wanna play career mode.. but on lower difficulty....

also will playing career on lower difficulty still get me the trophies???

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
really wanna play career mode.. but on lower difficulty....

PRO mode is tweaked on Patch 2 ...it's still challenging but not as gruelling with the bat in hand as it was previously, I'm certainly finding shots easier to execute under the PC/Patch 2 tweaks in single player and I can push the ball wide of Mid-On rather than straight to him all the time. Basically, it's easier to finesse your shots. So I would say keep the starting difficulty at PRO level, once you can get past the few seasons you should be able to progress a lot easier in your career with less hassle.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Though, that said, they are also altering the career mode to add two levels of difficulty increase - with someone starting on Pro eventually ending up at Legend, unlike only going to Veteran at the moment.

Obviously, the logic is that once you've played the career long enough to get all those promotions in difficulty you'll be good at the game and be able to play at the highest difficulty - at least now you still have the bowling assists on the higher levels, but batting would be impossible for many up that high. I think it's a bad change, as the difficulty curve with batting still seems a bit too strong compared to bowling, with no assists/feedback.

So, keep that in mind, you might want to start on Amateur on that basis, even if it makes the initial bit of your career a bit too easy.

Citation.

riseinflame1

School Cricketer
thanks Matt... i have a another question...

there is a trophy of 2000 career runs... will that be affected by difficulty? or can i get it even if i start the career on rookie?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This thread is (waiting for patch 2) its not ideal from big ant that you have guys on this thread talking about having patched pc versions when theres us console guys who actually paid hard earned real money for the game waiting patiently for patch 2 its sure to frustrate people but me im just jealous its would be nice to get an update on the situation.

Nonsense.

There is not one person with the beta that has not purchased the game.

Whether you knew we had finished the patch and submitted it or not the date of the patch release would remain the same.

----------

I will give an update as soon as I have one, whether that be 1pm or 1am, I am on it.

micgrech

Club Captain
Nonsense.

There is not one person with the beta that has not purchased the game.

Whether you knew we had finished the patch and submitted it or not the date of the patch release would remain the same.

----------

I will give an update as soon as I have one, whether that be 1pm or 1am, I am on it.

Obviously something has gone wrong or else it would be pretty bad service by Microsoft or Sony if they have bot provided any feedback on an ETA for the 13th June?

ameya29

Club Cricketer
i have a new ps3, old one had to give it to my cousin..
and i'm not opening it till the patch 2 is released :yes..
so is the patch 2 coming soon ? so i'll be ready with my setup :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread