Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

How long is this patch going to take? Seriously!!! It has been more than 2 weeks and no sign of patch 2. This game is rubbish with all the bugs it has. Total waste of money!!! Yes it is the best cricket game so far but that is not because this is a great game but only because other cricket games are trash. If someone is still going to say I am talking rubbish then take a look at the following screenshot.

WIN_20140629_191053.JPG

How is George Bailey getting MOM??? Can Big Ant please explain the logic behind this? There are ton of other bugs in the game but this one is a minor feature which could have been implemented with ease but NO...it is also flawed. How hard is it to determine MOM from a given scorecard? All it should take is some testing on the algorithm being used :facepalm

Can we please have patch 2 so this game can at least be playable? I know you are still waiting on the outcome of the submission but you can at least put some pressure from your side to hurry the process up. All these patches could have been avoided in the first place by living up to the hype of the game right? All the hype that was created assured that this will be the cricket game with everything right but instead it is full of bugs just like Ashes cricket 2013 but a little better.

And man of the match has made the game totally unplayable & just slightly better than ashes 13!

Looks like Fegan is back in some form. :p

ATMega169P cannot win man of the match because he is on your ignore list.

So...... I bought the PC version on Thursday. (I already have 360 version) I read the spec requirements someone kindly posted elsewhere and I was just under his recommended specs but over minimum and even with full high settings it runs beautifully.

As ever I started with career bowler -

Firstly no stupid run outs. At all. +1
No silly AI aggressive over the top shots in first class games. +1
A few more edges! Most are wkt keeper takes but I've had a catch at first slip and second slip and an utterly amazing gully catch off a flashing drives edge that had me out of my feet cheering as if it was a real game! +1
AI fields to me when batting are a bit more sensible +1

Minor faults-

Catches seem to be registered as C&B. Which is ironic as I still cant do an actual C&B (I use auto fielding) Perhaps that could be fixed? (both cases)
Ball doesn't swing. On 360 I had gotten the swinging ball down on PRO. Now I got my inswing stats up to 3/4 but still no swing. That needs tweaked. But certainly if you improve after matches with swinging that would be great, but give us a chance to swing it, even if you make it harder in legend at least make it swing easier on levels up to and inc pro.
No edges from defensive shots or prodding a defensive shot to short leg/silly point :(

Major faults-
None that I can see.

Minor suggestions/tweaks that I think would improve the game making it more realistic-

More edges, esp to slips and gully area. Especially early on in the 1st session, or when batsmen are newish at the crease, especially when there's cloud cover and the ball should be swinging. And again please make more edges from defensive shots (Like when I bat!)
More edges and defensive pushes where the ball goes in air to short leg or silly point.. Never seen one go in the air there or a catch. Disappointing.
More top edges where the ball goes straight up after mistimed pulls and hooks.
When you bowl a back of length or short ball then a batsmen who isn't so good with back foot shots/short ball could merely loop the ball up off his bat and get caught at short leg,silly point,gully,leg gully or even bowler. Just like Jimmy Anderson getting out 2nd last ball to Sri Lanka last week.
These tweaks would improve an already great game to realistic. Please give short legs and silly points more chances like that and more edges.
I'll even beg!:lol

So I expect patch 2 for the 360 will please most of you and I'm really really hoping those tweaks I suggested might come next.
This was a good game with a few bugs and now it's a REALLY GOOD game with patch 2.
Thanks to Ross and all at Big Ant for listening to forum users and giving us cricket fanatics a game to enjoy.:cheers:cheers

Edit: oh yeah how do you get Windowed mode?

Last edited:
This...

Makes the game unplayable?

:cheers Naveencc level awesome balls out crazy...

I think I have asked you this before but I'll ask it again, have you understood my post? If not then let me know and I will try to explain it in even simpler words than it already is in.

I think you didn't see the sentence where I mention that there are many other bugs in the game as well. The reason I pointed out the MOM bug is because I was trying to prove the point that Big Ant can't even implement a simple system in their game successfully. Does that make sense to you or should I elaborate on it even further?

You can't even understand a post written in English so where did you get "This guy gets it"??? or is it referring to something else that I am unaware of?

Then how about you provide some constructive criticism regarding the other bugs in the hopes that the game can be improved and you can get value for money? So far all you have said is 'it's shit' and not really much else.

Whinging like a child and making a claim like 'the game is unplayable' without actually backing the claim up, achieves nothing for neither yourself, nor Big Ant.

Making criticism is completely valid (and necessary), because ultimately a lot of the criticism within the community has shaped the content of Patch 2. However the delivery of said criticism is important, and you are completely failing at delivering criticism in a constructive way. In fact, along the whole journey, the manner in which you have communicated with others makes you out to be nothing more than an insufferable ball ache.

And I'm fairly confident this post will yield nothing more than the standard 'Have you understood my post?' shtick. Will be happy to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:
You can't even understand a post written in English so where did you get "This guy gets it"??? or is it referring to something else that I am unaware of?

Pro tip: if you write your posts and present your misgivings of the game like that of a rational adult instead of a hormonal pre-teen then you are more likely to receive helpful and insightful responses.
Most people here are quite reasonable.
The reason you get the reactions you do should be quite obvious when you look at the tone in your posts and then the way 99.94% of other posts at planet cricket are written.

I will try to explain it in even simpler words than it already is in.

*proceeds to type more nonsense than he did originally*

Hilarious.

where did you get "This guy gets it"??? or is it referring to something else that I am unaware of?

There's evidently quite a bit you're unaware of, I'd go with one of those...

Chill out, weirdo.

Can we please have patch 2 so this game can at least be playable?

Just like Ashes cricket 2013 but a little better.

Now i wouldnt call the game unplayable but i do agree in that the bugs and some gameplay oversights certainly do suck the fun out of the game though dont even mention Ashes in the same sentence with DBC14. Ashes was possibly the worst thing to happen to gaming in a long time.

How is George Bailey getting MOM??? Can Big Ant please explain the logic behind this?
Because he scored more than half of the runs for the entire team.

If you're getting figures of 6/17, the issue isn't the selection of MOTM it is your selection of difficulty level.

Users who are viewing this thread