Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Just accept the fact that this game was released with many bugs which shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then patches take weeks to get to us. We don't even know if patch 2 is submitted yet and Big Ant is blaming all this wait on Sony/MS. For you information, Sony/MS are top companies who have deadlines so there is no way they can be taking this long to approve your patch. Maybe you haven't heard of deadlines or project management which is why all the blame is going towards Sony/MS.

My view of seeing it - If the first version has been rejected with a bug, obviously MS( like you mentioned of being one of the top reputed companies ) wouldn't just let go that easily to approve the re-submitted version. It needs to cross lot of barricades to ensure quality. Approving the rejected patch with fix is NOT a joke by any means.

This whole game has been a joke since it has released. Ross can't bear to hear me anymore so he has ignored me. This game has catch outs when the ball rolls along the ground, superman fielding, unbelievable Man of the Match awards, and many more. Cricket like never before!!! Then there are all these people who are just kissing Big Ant's @$$ by saying "we can wait for patch 2", "This is the best cricket game so far", "Big Ant is the only developer who is supporting their product even after release", etc. They don't have the option to not support their product because they didn't thoroughly tested their product and released it.

Just accept the fact that this game was released with many bugs which shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then patches take weeks to get to us. We don't even know if patch 2 is submitted yet and Big Ant is blaming all this wait on Sony/MS. For you information, Sony/MS are top companies who have deadlines so there is no way they can be taking this long to approve your patch. Maybe you haven't heard of deadlines or project management which is why all the blame is going towards Sony/MS.

Such a shame!:noway

----------

How about NO! Big Ant should have the answer, not Sony/MS.

Please stop being a tweaking idiot. Why would Big Ant know when the patch is out? For all they know Microsoft/Sony could have not barely tested the patch. Your just jealous the PC users have it. Suck it up princess, you'll get it when you get it.

Luckily most game developers just stay silent and you just get a patch without hearing updates on the submission process.

If you just randomly got patch 3 some day in October and had no advance knowledge that it took 4 weeks to go through the submission process before then, you'd not have any basis to complain about a 'delay'.

It certainly sucks for Big Ant to get abuse and even suggestions that the patch will never happen because they had the audacity to be open and upfront about things.

Seriously people - if you want to never get progress information again, keep complaining about the slight delays to a process you'd usually never know is happening.

Luckily most game developers just stay silent and you just get a patch without hearing updates on the submission process.

If you just randomly got patch 3 some day in October and had no advance knowledge that it took 4 weeks to go through the submission process before then, you'd not have any basis to complain about a 'delay'.

It certainly sucks for Big Ant to get abuse and even suggestions that the patch will never happen because they had the audacity to be open and upfront about things.

Seriously people - if you want to never get progress information again, keep complaining about the slight delays to a process you'd usually never know is happening.

For once, I agree with you.

Couldn't agree more! :thumbs

With respect, anyone outside the industry has no idea what's going on with the systems and the move to next-gen and whatever else those companies are doing with their infrastructure etc. and how that's effecting testing for the last gen. Do not assume a fail, neither version as yet has.

----------

That day is already here. I know when patch#2 is meant to be deployed but will not be sharing anything as it's so beyond my control and if anything were to go wrong then I would cop it.

I don't understand what the fuss is all about? Instead of complaining, ppl should be thankful for 1) having a cricket game and 2) devs are following up to patch it. You have a fully playable game in your hands and there is a patch on the way to make it even better. If you suck in the career mode, suck it up and practice more untill the patch releases because I'm sure that's what most of us have done.

It's sad how much flak they've copped, since they're doing everything right, and have done it all the right way from the start.

Big ant are a breath of fresh air, hopefully the game is enough of a commercial success to not only justify it's long term existence, but reward these wonderful developers for all their hard work, effort and for doing it all the right way.

Please stop being a tweaking idiot. Why would Big Ant know when the patch is out? For all they know Microsoft/Sony could have not barely tested the patch. Your just jealous the PC users have it. Suck it up princess, you'll get it when you get it.

LMAO!!! I don't give a flipping cr@p about PC users you idiot. I just don't understand the reason why everyone is ignoring all the faults in Big Ant. It is not rocket science to understand that Sony/MS are not unorganized therefore it wouldn't take them this long to approve a patch. The patch hasn't even been submitted so how can they approve it??? How do we know that Big Ant have submitted the patch? Just because Ross said so?

Big Ant can't even implement a simple algorithm that can correctly decide on Man of the Match so how is this the best cricket game?

P.S. Someone will not see this post because he is only used to listening the good side of Big Ant. The ONLY developer who supports its product after release chooses to ignore the person who complains about the product. Well done!

Big Ant can't even implement a simple algorithm that can correctly decide on Man of the Match so how is this the best cricket game?

If that algorithm is so "simple" then perhaps you could come up with one for Big Ant to implement in their next patch?

With respect, anyone outside the industry has no idea what's going on with the systems and the move to next-gen and whatever else those companies are doing with their infrastructure etc. and how that's effecting testing for the last gen. Do not assume a fail, neither version as yet has

It is not rocket science to understand that Sony/MS are not unorganized therefore it wouldn't take them this long to approve a patch. The patch hasn't even been submitted so how can they approve it???

I wonder who we should listen to?

----------

ignore the person who complains about the product

In which bat shit insane universe do you live in where you think that you're the only person to have made complaints/suggestions about the game? Do you think they that magically put together Patch 1 and Patch 2 without any feedback from the community?

He chooses to ignore the person that just complains and doesn't provide actual usable feedback

Last edited:
That day is already here. I know when patch#2 is meant to be deployed but will not be sharing anything as it's so beyond my control and if anything were to go wrong then I would cop it.

Come on Ross, I'm sure you are dying to tell us the patch will be out in time for July 4th weekend ;)

I still think the only thing this situation shows is that the only reason devs put up with console gaming is that they still have a high install base. Steam offers better patching, closeness to the customer, better profit margins per sale and less overheads in physical sales and these large 'console taxes' that appear to exist on both release and even patching.

Though fear of the pirate boogeyman still seems to be a motivator. Doesn't help that the pirates come on here to try and solve technical difficulties... As annoying as that is, it is funny at some level.

4 weeks isnt a slight delay, and not one date that BA has said something will happen has been met. ETA might mean estimated time of arrival but if a a project manager gave there boss an ETA and then missed it by a month, chances are they would lose there job. I dont blame anyone who paid $100 for the console version for pirating the pc version when we paid good money for it months ago and still cant play a decently realistic game in career.

Users who are viewing this thread