Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hope patch 3's gameplay isn't any different to the latest console version, its perfect, except for AI innings pacing in T20's - they score too slow and don't hit out at the end of the innings.

The latest version going round on PC sounds stuffed.
What makes you say pc version is stuffed?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I dont know what's stuffed in it but the main difference at the moment is more off side bowling on PC which will hopefully be added on PS3 in the Patch 3...

AshleyWilliam

Banned

Well people, @funnyadit for example, have been ranting on how easy it is to nick out when you're batting, and how there are no edges bowling, and a large portion of wickets are c&b.

Batting on xbox360 is perfect now. As is bowling, except for T20's where the AI scores too slow.

Sablicious

School Cricketer
I also feel that people are expecting to much. This is already the best cricket game ever.
No and yes.

Although this may be the best cricket game there's been, what competition has it got -- Ashes Cricket: 2009 6's Per Game Edition?

As for expecting too much; personally, the C&B issue is the most pressing one, followed by the lack of 2-player co-op. The others are ancillary problems that can be lived with. No drives and no co-op batting and bowling / fielding, cannot.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
No and yes.

Although this may be the best cricket game there's been, what competition has it got -- Ashes Cricket: 2009 6's Per Game Edition?

As for expecting too much; personally, the C&B issue is the most pressing one, followed by the lack of 2-player co-op. The others are ancillary problems that can be lived with. No drives and no co-op batting and bowling / fielding, cannot.

C&B issue??? Keh? Must be a PC only thing

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well people, @funnyadit for example, have been ranting on how easy it is to nick out when you're batting, and how there are no edges bowling, and a large portion of wickets are c&b.

Batting on xbox360 is perfect now. As is bowling, except for T20's where the AI scores too slow.
He doesn't have the PC version, he's referring to the PS3 version :facepalm

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
No and yes.

Oh , and another thing . In Online mode , the C&B issue , is not an issue .

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do you actually read the threads that you're posting in? I suggest you go and read through the last few posts by @funnyadit in this thread.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Looking forward to some epic whinging from forums poster "AshleyWilliam" when the console version updates.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Batting on PC isnt the issue for me....on pro difficulty anyway, not sure about other levels, but I dont find that its TOO easy to nick the ball. It does happen, but then it's because I made an obvious timing/foot placement error.

Fast bowling against AI in career mode is where the biggest issue is and its weird that console players seem to find getting wickets easier, I didnt realise there as such differences between platforms.

What I want BigAnt to look into at the moment is this, and its directly aimed at AI batting in First Class career mode:
- More edges. The ratio between them playing/missing outside off and actually edging behind is ridiculously disproportionate to real-life
- Discernible difference in batting skill level between openers and tailender, Currently its about as difficult to dismiss Hashim Amla as it is James Anderson.
- Remove all the gimmicky "Confidence" or "Strength/Weakness" indicators for the AI, or fix it so that it actually has a relevance to the game.
- When you take a wicket in real life there's always a chance of getting another quick wicked as a new batsman walks to the crease - not in this game. Momentum and Pressure is poorly represented in this game.
- The AI finds it way too easy to hit full deliveries over 3rd man for 6 off the backfoot! This is utterly unrealistic, retarded and infuriating.
- I have yet to see any reason for gaining skill points after an entire season of earning them....does it mean anything?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Fast bowling against AI in career mode is where the biggest issue is

It's not just career mode it's in all forms, I just think that due to how frustrating bowling is, not many people are bothering to.

I agree with all your above points, add to that attributes that actually have an an effect( I reduced tailenders batting attributes to zero and it made no difference whatsoever!!), batsmen to play themselves in as opposed to swinging the bat from the first ball faced, and remove the cutshot to full balls ( BigAnts equivalent of Ashes09's hook shot to yorkers!) and bowling should become somewhat enjoyable.

Also the field settings are a right pain as in when you bring back a bowler he should bowl to the last field set for him. I spend so much time constantly changing the field if I rotate the bowling it just adds to the frustration. Half the time a spinners field is selected for the pace bowlers.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Nope, loads of people are enjoying it. The thing you're enjoying that nobody else is is your posts.

Users who are viewing this thread