Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Good succinct list. I'd probably add spin bowlers switching between over and round the wicket, especially left armers.

Struggling to care less about this list. Could maybe be implemented in patch 47 rather than patch 4.
Sorry mate, will be sure to run any future suggestion drafts through you before posting to make sure they're deemed worthy. :thumbs

I think we need to concentrate on the above list as the below is more cosmetic, does anybody want my approval?

Please Fix the Competition Standings and Fixture tables in career. It shows some other tourney every time than what we are currently running.

Co-op issues - please bring the player identifiers from Bradman '14 and running between the wickets control too.

Could the pre set competitions be like the competitions in the competition designer so we can edit them at present it is difficult to set up a world cup from the 1980's as back then there weren't as many teams as there is today and also we can't change the teams in the pre set competitions

Reassign fielding controls for slide and dive. On PS 4 L1 for dive at the a moment it is not used for anything so should be easy to implement and L2 for slide it would make manual fielding so much more enjoyable

Here's a list of items which need to be addressed post Patch 3. Cosnsolidating and posting them here and not in the "Bugs" thread as not all of them can technically be termed as bugs. Tagging @MattW and @HBK619 so you can consider them when working on a future patch...

1. Poor AI fields and field sets - The field sets and AI fields need to be improved in both the shorter formats and Tests. Generally AI goes with overtly aggressive fields with just 2 fielders outside the fielding circle in shorter formats. In Tests the AI sticks to a few chosen fields (the one without a mid on being one of them) and doesn't make any changes despite the match situation. Few more defensive and conservative fields would be a welcome change, especially i in shorter formats.

2. Making selected fields stick against AI. Even if you select a particular field, there's no guarantee they will stick. More often than not they are changed and not what you selected.

3. Superhuman wkt keeper against spinners. The late cut shot is off the table as of now given the wkt keeper catches well timed late cuts, which is a pretty common shot against spinners.

4. Close-in fielders are meat shields and stop or catch well timed shots. The two fielders which stand out are 8th slip, Short Leg and Leg Gully. No matter how well you time the shot but if the ball is anywhere near these fielders they stop or catch it. Most galling was 8th slip fielder, which is more of a silly point position more than anything else, catching a well timed cover drive! Given you can't late cut spinners and now can't cover drive spinners due to 8th slip fielder, the batting zone is quite limited against spinners.

5. AI fielding still needs some work as the fielders allow too many easy runs.

6. Stamina for players doesn't replenish after sessions or after end of day's play.

7. Non-striker stops straight drives. This was an issue in DBC 14 and was patched but it's back again in DBC 17. Yesterday in a match I hit the non-striker twice in an over while straight driving the spinner. Already it's tough enough to score against spinners and the non-striker not getting away from the ball adds one more layer of difficulty.

8. Running between the wkts needs to be improved. Too many cheap runouts at the moment where the batsman doesn't slide the bat or takes forever to start running and responding to the input.

9. Correct kits need to be used in career mode. Currently only one kit is assigned per team so you end playing teams which are in white kits in shorter formats or are wearing odi kits in Tests.

10. AI batsmen need to run more aggressively between the wkts. This was patched in DBC 14 but the problem's back in DBC 17. AI takes one run less than what's on offer and is an immersion breaker in shorter formats.

11. AI batsmen need to bat more aggressively towards end of an innings in shorter formats. There are so many instances where AI has 7 or 8 wkts in hands in closing overs of a T20 or a odi and they either block or take singles. AI should be going hammer and tongs at the bowling but for some reason don't do so. They prefer to score 155/3 in a T20 instead of 175/8.

12. Spinners don't bowl no balls. It's a huge omission as spinners do bowl no balls in real life and it should be the case in DBC 17. Maybe the spinner should end up bowling a no ball if you don't rotate the stick and go beyond the "rotation range" or something. Would be fun to face free hits against spinners.

13. You can't pull a ball against spinners. In real life hitting a half tracker from a spinner is a common sight but in DBC 17 you can't do so. Even if the ball is short you can't rock back and hammer the ball to deep mid wkt or forward deep mid wkt or deep square leg.

Here's a list of items which need to be addressed post Patch 3. Cosnsolidating and posting them here and not in the "Bugs" thread as not all of them can technically be termed as bugs. Tagging @MattW and @HBK619 so you can consider them when working on a future patch...

1. Poor AI fields and field sets - The field sets and AI fields need to be improved in both the shorter formats and Tests. Generally AI goes with overtly aggressive fields with just 2 fielders outside the fielding circle in shorter formats. In Tests the AI sticks to a few chosen fields (the one without a mid on being one of them) and doesn't make any changes despite the match situation. Few more defensive and conservative fields would be a welcome change, especially i in shorter formats.

2. Making selected fields stick against AI. Even if you select a particular field, there's no guarantee they will stick. More often than not they are changed and not what you selected.

3. Superhuman wkt keeper against spinners. The late cut shot is off the table as of now given the wkt keeper catches well timed late cuts, which is a pretty common shot against spinners.

4. Close-in fielders are meat shields and stop or catch well timed shots. The two fielders which stand out are 8th slip, Short Leg and Leg Gully. No matter how well you time the shot but if the ball is anywhere near these fielders they stop or catch it. Most galling was 8th slip fielder, which is more of a silly point position more than anything else, catching a well timed cover drive! Given you can't late cut spinners and now can't cover drive spinners due to 8th slip fielder, the batting zone is quite limited against spinners.

5. AI fielding still needs some work as the fielders allow too many easy runs.

6. Stamina for players doesn't replenish after sessions or after end of day's play.

7. Non-striker stops straight drives. This was an issue in DBC 14 and was patched but it's back again in DBC 17. Yesterday in a match I hit the non-striker twice in an over while straight driving the spinner. Already it's tough enough to score against spinners and the non-striker not getting away from the ball adds one more layer of difficulty.

8. Running between the wkts needs to be improved. Too many cheap runouts at the moment where the batsman doesn't slide the bat or takes forever to start running and responding to the input.

9. Correct kits need to be used in career mode. Currently only one kit is assigned per team so you end playing teams which are in white kits in shorter formats or are wearing odi kits in Tests.

10. AI batsmen need to run more aggressively between the wkts. This was patched in DBC 14 but the problem's back in DBC 17. AI takes one run less than what's on offer and is an immersion breaker in shorter formats.

11. AI batsmen need to bat more aggressively towards end of an innings in shorter formats. There are so many instances where AI has 7 or 8 wkts in hands in closing overs of a T20 or a odi and they either block or take singles. AI should be going hammer and tongs at the bowling but for some reason don't do so. They prefer to score 155/3 in a T20 instead of 175/8.

12. Spinners don't bowl no balls. It's a huge omission as spinners do bowl no balls in real life and it should be the case in DBC 17. Maybe the spinner should end up bowling a no ball if you don't rotate the stick and go beyond the "rotation range" or something. Would be fun to face free hits against spinners.

13. You can't pull a ball against spinners. In real life hitting a half tracker from a spinner is a common sight but in DBC 17 you can't do so. Even if the ball is short you can't rock back and hammer the ball to deep mid wkt or forward deep mid wkt or deep square leg.

Excellent post

With regards to career mode following points need to be added

1. Wrong average of career player in my player
2. Dynamic line ups not working as intended
3. Players in 2 places at once

dynamic lineup still does not work... after 4 years of career still same team... no changes and my batting position is also same....

please allow us to change our player attributes

By overall player is 79. but my strength is 49 run speed is 40 thats not fine

It will good if we can get Stats earned from this game is enabled so that we can track stats for all players like
DBC 14.

Second will be ability to change pitch, umpires for tours which also was in DBC 2014.

dynamic lineup still does not work... after 4 years of career still same team... no changes and my batting position is also same....

please allow us to change our player attributes

By overall player is 79. but my strength is 49 run speed is 40 thats not fine
Player attributes go up automatically as you level up, complete the challenges given to get career experience and level up faster then your attributes go up faster...

That's already in the game

How do you play it against a spinner? I see to either play a straight drive, a drive to mid wicket or a bizarre looking pull shot. I had mid on back and it was looking so delicious and no matter what I tried I could never hit it.

Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread