Patch Update Thread

All the major issues have been addressed. The point, as I've said before, is that if something doesn't work it may yet be taken out. We can't say that there is an online quitter penalty system that will be in the patch as it may not happen.

All the major issues have been addressed. The point, as I've said before, is that if something doesn't work it may yet be taken out. We can't say that there is an online quitter penalty system that will be in the patch as it may not happen.

Here's hoping it does work then! That would really be the icing on the proverbial cake for me.:)

I dont know whether beta tester folks are allowed to elaborate on this, but has the AI batsmen stopped cosidering the spinners as Pepperoni Pizza with extra cheese?

Love that image!

Don't know if I'm supposed to say, but the answer is yes anyway.

Great news!

Just hearing the spinners get treated with some sort of respect is music to my ears!!:D

Indeed, we can actually use them again now...

Any word on the number of no-balls by the AI being reduced to realistic levels?

Also, the amount of no-ball bowled by spinners under human control. Surely it should be much harder to bowl a no-ball using a spinner?

Love that image!

Great news!

Indeed, we can actually use them again now...

Also, the amount of no-ball bowled by spinners under human control. Surely it should be much harder to bowl a no-ball using a spinner?

I never got smacked around with my spinner which was always graeme swann i seemed to pick up wickets so easy with spinner and always ended up winning by an innings boring!!

I get a ridiculously high number of no-balls when playing on hard, maybe it has something to do with me being in my mid thirties and my reflexes slowing down!! I know it isn't something that will be patched but in future releases i would like to see a small green band after the perfect one, which would reduce them, or maybe a system in which the area increases or decreases depending on ability and performance

As I understand it, the changes to the offline portion of the game will affect the online part.

Online, it is extremely easy to belt the spinners around; through this patch, will spinners actually have some type of control online (and I won't have to play 5 medium pacers / fast bowlers to keep some type of control on the batting).

Or is this another unanswerable question :p

As I understand it, the changes to the offline portion of the game will affect the online part.

Online, it is extremely easy to belt the spinners around; through this patch, will spinners actually have some type of control online (and I won't have to play 5 medium pacers / fast bowlers to keep some type of control on the batting).

Or is this another unanswerable question :p

I hope you are correct. Also id like to see them make changes to Indian & Sri Lankan Players skills. Its because of weird team compositions we cant play with India or Sri Lanka online.

Plus , they should update the unlicensed team lineups. India doesn't play , Balaji, Gony or Virat Kohli in their squad. They should be replaced with current players like Nehra & R.P. Singh

Is there a date or a clue when ps3 patch is going to be available?

As I understood it not until mid or end October.

But maybe you knew that and was looking for something more specific. In that case I am of about as much use as a Codemasters forum moderator.:)

How much progress has been made of the patch I know asking for release date would be unfair and may apply too much pressure on the guys at Transmission but how much % progress has been made towards 'fit for release'? Or how is the beta testing going basically?

I think many will be impressed with the results and the improvements made by the patch, I don't think anyone would be naive enough to say it's now the perfect cricket game. (Though what exactly is that?) I think it'll receive a very positive feedback when it goes public.

I think many will be impressed with the results and the improvements made by the patch, I don't think anyone would be naive enough to say it's now the perfect cricket game. (Though what exactly is that?) I think it'll receive a very positive feedback when it goes public.

Can't wait! I hope they pull some strings and release the patch for consoles (or at least PS3) earlier than mid-october!

Users who are viewing this thread