Patch Update Thread

You'll get the patch asap. Can't stress how much effort has been put in to this. :)

I think many will be impressed with the results and the improvements made by the patch, I don't think anyone would be naive enough to say it's now the perfect cricket game. (Though what exactly is that?) I think it'll receive a very positive feedback when it goes public.

That sounds very promising, especially considering your thoughts about the original game! :)

I think many will be impressed with the results and the improvements made by the patch, I don't think anyone would be naive enough to say it's now the perfect cricket game. (Though what exactly is that?) I think it'll receive a very positive feedback when it goes public.

Music to our ears, music to our ears! Roll on this week, roll on!:)

Can't stress how much effort has been put in to this.

I hope this has shown to many of the doubters... that the lads at Transmission really are determined to provide us with the best cricket game they can deliver!

Its much appreciated!!:clap

I'm sorry to be a sour-puss but, If it wasn't for a pathetically early release with bugs etc we wouldn't need a patch. Lets hope they take their time and not rush the patch. To make everyone get their hopes up again is not good.

I'm sorry to be a sour-puss but, If it wasn't for a pathetically early release with bugs etc we wouldn't need a patch. Lets hope they take their time and not rush the patch. To make everyone get their hopes up again is not good.

Yeah, but the game sold well... They could of EASILY sat back counted the money and never returned!!

Marketing is important. The majority of people who bought the game were happy enough with it in its release state and releasing after the Ashes finished would have affected sales a lot.
Less money means less chance of a sequel.

Pathetically early? It wasn't released until the fourth test! I call that 'pathetically late', if anything! Also, more often than not these days, a game ships with bugs - it's a rare thing not to have at least one annoying bug in a game.

MasterBlaster76 added 6 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Yeah, but the game sold well... They could of EASILY sat back counted the money and never returned!!

Transmission are displaying some of the best 'aftercare' I've ever seen from a software developer. :)

Last edited:
Transmission are displaying some of the best 'aftercare' I've ever seen from a software developer. :)
So you say.... but most of us haven't been privy to the information that you have, especially since your recent ascension in the PC ranks...

Let's see how it goes with the patch release and leave the back-patting until then if warranted.

So you say.... but most of us haven't been privy to the information that you have, especially since your recent ascension in the PC ranks...

Let's see how it goes with the patch release and leave the back-patting until then if warranted.

I'm not involved mate, I'm just going by what they're posting and the fact that some staff members, such as Sureshot, who weren't too impressed with the game at first, are now very optimistic about it all!

Not all the staff are privy to our insider knowledge.

Indeed. :D

Yeah so far I'm really impressed with TG. They can keep on improving this game with patches then deliver a sequel by next year or right before 2011 World Cup :D I think EA Sports will soon be getting in on the action too.

I dont think we need EA in the middle of this. EA may have the licensing but they seem to lack the heart. Go TG !

Users who are viewing this thread