PC demo released

Could someone please answer the 2 questions I have in the attached image.

I have played the demo for a long time and still cannot figure out what the white line and the black triangle are for.

thanks!

EDIT: notice how crappy my lap top is too :(

Attachments

• demoquestion.jpg
    demoquestion.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 66

I have played the demo for a long time and still cannot figure out what the white line and the black triangle are for.

thanks!

I believe that the white line is just an extension of the popping crease - they're exactly in line and the dark triangle you speak of (the one in the fielding radar?) is there to help you aim your shots between the fielders, into the gaps and on for four! It's Ashes 2009 (and BLIC 2007 to be fair) excellent 360 degree batting aiming system.

Edit: I have noticed the AI is too keen to go aerial to a spinner as soon as he comes on. Surely it'd be better if they checked him out a bit first? Anyone got any spinning tips for me to stop the AI getting after me so much?

lol mate, the white line around the fielding circle, not on the field. Its the white line on the edge of the field setting display.

did not notice it was pointing at the bloody popping crease, thats my fault lol

thanks!

I am not sure what the white line is. but the black triangle is the shot direction cone. THats the area where u direct the shot to. U can move it around using the WASD keys.
cheerz

just to clarify, I mean the white line on the fielding display box, not the extension of the popping crease, I did not realize my arrow was pointing directly to that.

The white line is wind direction - I think the more it 'wobbles' around the greater the wind speed

The white line is wind direction - I think the more it 'wobbles' around the greater the winid speed

thanks, that is awesome if it actually effects swing. Shows how much thought went into the game.

lol mate, the white line around the fielding circle, not on the field. Its the white line on the edge of the field setting display.

did not notice it was pointing at the bloody popping crease, thats my fault lol

Ah, that's what the white line on the fielding radar is for!

Edit: I have a feeling this game series will become the PES/Fifa 'NG' (whichever you prefer) of cricket.

to clarify I meant the more the white lines wobbles, the greater the wind speed, and didn't mean the more the ball wobbles around during delivery. Having said that I believe the wind speed should affect the ball flight though

Now we know what the white line is, we can also see another feature of this excellent demo: they've actually modelled the two different ends of the ground! Look at the wind meter - it swaps ends between overs, so you can decide which bowler will best use the wind advantage (Freddy, of course). :D

Can someone please tell me how to get my USB gamepad to work with the game. It works flawlessly with the many flaws of C07, and even BLIC2007.

But is the wind blowing TO or coming FROM where the white line is?

:sarcasm

Its the direction the wind is blowing. Hit a aerial shot out there, and you'll notice it goes further and quicker.

Now, again, can anyone help me get my gamepad working with the game?

PLEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread