PC demo released

Hedger, your graphic card probably isnt good enough.
That happened to me as well. The best thing you can do is get a new graphic card minimum is a Geforce 6800 card i think. But sadly i cant change mine since I`ve got a lappy.

Hope that helped.

They are still 3 Mobile for our summer and away series they are VB. Probably weren't allowed to have the VB logo shown (kids playing the game, etc.)

Why, what's wrong with VB?

Yes unfortunately once you start taking aerial route the game becomes too easy. Yesterday I scored two centuries and I was playing as Australia on hard mode. Hope it is different in the full version of the game :(

The AI bowling looks very sloppy to me but then it is only my opinion.

I didn't find that. I did go aerial for a time (while the bowling was short enough to warrant doing so), but it didn't last long before I top edged one which was caught. Stopped it after that. I would say that the AI needs to mix its length up more.

when i try to install the file it says there are problems with reading the setup initiliaztion file... any thoughts?? pease hurry, im desperate to play!!

it shud be because the download isnt complete....might have got interuppted...try checking the file size to confirm....

Restricted the AI to 78-2 off 24 overs!

If you get the bowling marker the lightest green as possible and then stop the meter correctly the AI is very defensive. You can bowl maiden after maiden outside off stump but they will leave you all day and not get out! :clap

The bowling markers colour is HUGElY: important!

Therfore for me the pacing is good now! its just these AWFUL AWFUL run outs ill be staggered if these are not fixed!!

Light green = best pitch position. Though if you line up a light green spot but bowl dark green, you'll see the pitch spot turn darker. So if you bowl a bad ball in a good spot it is still a bad ball.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Restricted the AI to 78-2 off 24 overs!

If you get the bowling marker the lightest green as possible and then stop the meter correctly the AI is very defensive. You can bowl maiden after maiden outside off stump but they will leave you all day and not get out! :clap

The bowling markers colour is HUGElY: important!

Therfore for me the pacing is good now! its just these AWFUL AWFUL run outs ill be staggered if these are not fixed!!

That isn't necessarily a good thing - you want the AI to be able to hit you occasionally. Also, I think we'll need a way to turn the bowling help off so the reticule doesn't change colour? Just use your cricket sense to bowl in the right place.

As for the batting being a bit too easy sometimes, I remember that various patches were made for BLIC 2007 that actually improved the batting a bit in that game, most notably by Lazy Chestnut. If the batting could be improved for a baseball game like that, I'm positive the effect would be twofold on a decent cricket sim like this.

Besides which, when they get nice and set, the AI are fond of dumping you out of the park frequently as well, so it sort of evens itself out.

Edit: Has anyone noticed the AI using swinging deliveries, or deliveries from the other menu? Also, how can you read what the delivery is since the AI's reticule doesn't change like yours does? There should be an ability to 'pick' the AI's delivery in this way, depending on the skill of the batsman.

Last edited:
That isn't necessarily a good thing - you want the AI to be able to hit you occasionally. Also, I think we'll need a way to turn the bowling help off so the reticule doesn't change colour? Just use your cricket sense to bowl in the right place.

I could'n agree more mate! only problem I find with that is... Our correct line and length etc is as you no not the same as the games! So bad is good on the game and good is bad!

Also dont get me wrong if I strayed slightly the punished me and defended and pushed into gaps and ran!

It was pleasing.... The run outs are killing me!!

How you feel about the bowling areas!?

I could'n agree more mate! only problem I find with that is... Our correct line and length etc is as you no not the same as the games! So bad is good on the game and good is bad!

Also dont get me wrong if I strayed slightly the punished me and defended and pushed into gaps and ran!

It was pleasing.... The run outs are killing me!!

How you feel about the bowling areas!?

Well, because of the slightly borked bounce, when you bowl on what should be a good length, it always goes over the stumps, even when you do manage to make them play and miss. As far as the line goes, it seems accurate, we just need the bounce to be fixed and the ball to be sped up. That would lead to accurate bowling lengths, and it would lead to better edges and bouncers that actually have some fire to them (right now, bouncers are rubbish). Again, I'm sure such patches were made for BLIC 2007. This is the huge advantage of having the PC version!

I would be interested to know what the pitch type is and the condition of the outfield, because a damp outfield is the only excuse I can find for these slow speeds.
The runouts and edges are the only two serious issues the game has for me.

Either way, for speeds, bounce variation and so on, it seems that there is nearly always a value that can be edited in some file or other, so when the game comes out, we'll see what sort of magic the guys can work, and then there's what Transmission might do as well. They do seem like a dev. that will continue to support the game.

Last edited:
As far as the line goes, it seems accurate, we just need the bounce to be fixed and the ball to be sped up.

Yeah very true.. fix that and the outrageous run outs and personally i think we have got a very decent cricket game by all accounts!

Id be shocked if the run outs were not fixed!

Yeah very true.. fix that and the outrageous run outs and personally i think we have got a very decent cricket game by all accounts!

Id be shocked if the run outs were not fixed!

We've already got a decent cricket game mate. Fix the issues and we've not only got a better game than BLIC '99, we've got one that pisses all over it!

Users who are viewing this thread