PC version 1.20.1 released

Even if we do play with the skills set done in the playtest , there are few ball which we feel like "awww" how did that miss but majority of times you do know that the batsman is gonna come to a line according the ball we are going to bowl and miss it by a margin to the WK...

-Bowl way outside off stump, AI comes to that line and misses instead of a simple leave which would have made it all more realistic.
-Bowl inswinging yorker leg stump missing, batsman comes outside leg stump and misses the ball to make it like a "close call"..Really!!! Instead of a leg glance...
-Bowl short then most of them go through the bat and no effect of bowling a good ball, not rewarding.

The problem is most of the occasions it feels AI "knows" whats coming even before the ball is bowled...

You need to reduce anticipation by a great deal. You will see a reduction in the first two issues for have mentioned.

You need to reduce anticipation by a great deal. You will see a reduction in the first two issues for have mentioned.

Darn! I wish we can change the settings and continue in tournaments.

My ambitious 9 Club teams - Test Match league is on! Cant change settings now!

Darn! I wish we can change the settings and continue in tournaments.

My ambitious 9 Club teams - Test Match league is on! Cant change settings now!

If you are using my teams then all the anticipation is minimum except keepers you have halfway/ little bit higher...

If you are using my teams then all the anticipation is minimum except keepers you have halfway/ little bit higher...

yeah Sunfoil Dolphins has that! Rest i forgot bout Anticipation.
I guess i will check it out when i face the Dolphins.

What other benefits does lesser anticipation give the AI?

Latest Update

Level: Pro
Type: T20
Ball: Free hit
AI Reaction: Leave it alone

Level: Pro
Type: T20
Issue: 4 Consecutive sixes in one area. AI continues with the same line and length, no changes to the field too

Matt i'm a school teacher, i have seven weeks off now.... More than welcome to thoroughly test any patches you may wanna throw my way haha!!

I personally find consistency more effective that anticipation. I also find precise batsmen to play better than conservative.

By have on side stats as low and off side higher. I found that it reduced the silly swipe to mid on!!

yeah Sunfoil Dolphins has that! Rest i forgot bout Anticipation.
I guess i will check it out when i face the Dolphins.

What other benefits does lesser anticipation give the AI?

I've always felt that it reduces the exaggerated movement in the crease that happens with the AI batsman, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's funny you say that as I've been messing around with the Aussie team and Warner (brute) consistently bats less aggressively than Rogers (conservative) even though their settings are similar.

Well it states that conservative aim for biggest gaps. Which seems to translate in to them constantly going for the gaps!

My basis of comparison is really my ongoing career spinner, which I play on Pro so I can bat as well as bowl - there was a point after 1.14.2 that I pretty much stopped playing outside of online play, simply because of how unrewarding things were feeling. One of the 1.15 updates certainly tipped it back for me, that's why I'd say it is improved.

I haven't had a chance yet to talk with those working on that area of the game about what the complexities are in that area and what the scope for changes would be.

I'll try to find out.

Well funny you say that I'll concede one improvement on edges: yes I'm getting more with a spinner now than previously, but seam is no change but for the ratio change in keeper to slips which is actually negative.

Folks, there's a different experience you get with spinners and pacers. On consoles I can get edges with spinners but pacers it's more difficulty. Even amongst pacers, getting edge using Fast Medium bowlers is easier compared to getting edges using Fast bowlers.

The earlier post about controlling the amount of swing got me thinking, with spin, although the turn is nowhere near the level of swing( which IMO needs swapping) you can impart less spin by not completing 3 full rotations, wouldnt it be possible to have a similar control system, via rotation for instance for swing/seam?

AI batsman knows everything. There are no swing and miss kind of thing where keeper and bowlers feels unlucky to miss the edge by a short margin.
Haven't seen any turn and bounce type situation in spin bowling, rainy day damp pitches like EA cricket 07. I don't know if i am the only one or not. I haven't seen great difference between kind of pitches.
There must be little less drift and more turn in terms of spin.
Fielders walking towards the ball is still happening and irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread