PC version 1.20.1 released

There's a data blobset .pc file. I have development tools on my computer including a pro C++ compiler but I have never successfully opened it: believe me I have tried repeatedly.[DOUBLEPOST=1437044578][/DOUBLEPOST]
If someone can get AI tailenders to bat like tailenders, I'll give them real currency of their choice.
Bore off with this. You've not downloaded or played with my teams, otherwise you'd know I have done it.

Stick to the forums of the game you play...

There's a data blobset .pc file. I have development tools on my computer including a pro C++ compiler but I have never successfully opened it: believe me I have tried repeatedly.
Have you asked Ross regarding this??

because the AI uses double trigger shots. we won't edge as much if we double trigger. it's a stone-cold exploit, but one that was designed for the AI.

Really it should be the opposite, more chance of an edge if an aggressive shot is played.

These issues are not new and have been pointed out since it's release. The bowling side of things has been pretty much neglected. Lack of edges, poor shot selection, batsman types being nothing like their descriptions, lack of turn and we still don't even have maidens in the bowling figures! Add to that it sounds like the edge issue is back to where it was out of the box.

It's great that assigning fields has been added but again this should have been lower down the list than sorting out the AI.

There's a data blobset .pc file. I have development tools on my computer including a pro C++ compiler but I have never successfully opened it: believe me I have tried repeatedly.[DOUBLEPOST=1437044578][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bore off with this. You've not downloaded or played with my teams, otherwise you'd know I have done it.

Stick to the forums of the game you play...

How do you know that? I'm actually playing with those international teams from Panda or whatever they are called. I don't care what you've done, if I can't get them out as easily as the top order, I'm going to post that.

I have 900 hours on DBC, I'll post on the forum of my choice, thanks

How do you know that? I'm actually playing with those international teams from Panda or whatever they are called. I don't care what you've done, if I can't get them out as easily as the top order, I'm going to post that.

I have 900 hours on DBC, I'll post on the forum of my choice, thanks

You said last week you don't play it.

You said last week you don't play it.

Because I was fed up with tailenders coming in at 7 down winning game after game. I always come here to see if anything's been looked at in that regard. Does playing a different game nullify one's right to post in the DBC forum?

The earlier post about controlling the amount of swing got me thinking, with spin, although the turn is nowhere near the level of swing( which IMO needs swapping) you can impart less spin by not completing 3 full rotations, wouldnt it be possible to have a similar control system, via rotation for instance for swing/seam?

How realistic is that?
Can a bowler vary the amount of swing?
i have never played real cricket with a cricket ball.
So i,m not sure if a bowler can impart more swing 1 ball and less swing the other.

Spin is fine, give it a rip and it turns more and not so much will lead to less turn

Because I was fed up with tailenders coming in at 7 down winning game after game. I always come here to see if anything's been looked at in that regard. Does playing a different game nullify one's right to post in the DBC forum?
Being a clear inconsistent liar nullifies any interest anyone has in what you have to say.

For a long time you've been saying you don't play the game, but somehow you've thoroughly tested and evaluated teams released in the last week or two?

You've been posting consistently for a long time about the tailenders issue, I have repeatedly told you teams/settings to play with to remove this issue and you've not done so but still complain about it. Again, that nullifies any credibility you have.

I'm prepared to listen to anyone's frustration re bowling to AI because I feel it too. You're just a troll and a liar, and I've no interest in what you have to say. Go share it with the others enjoying the "authentic" experience of AC09 like you.

It's funny that you ask this, as I was only thinking today to ask if the PC version has a datagob file and if anyone had attempted to access it, as has been done in the past.
One thing that intrigues me is way way back @Pat got a lot info re Cricket Academy that I assume he got by opening the data blobset.pc file for Academy.

I'd love to know what tool he used to open that file and what might be gleaned from doing the same to the full game's file.

However my hunch is that even if you could open it and get useful/usable info, any mod or patch you might create from that would essentially be treated by the game as a pirate version.

Before that I was playing with your SAB and England rebels teams. I think you'll remember me congratulating you on how authentic they were. I suppose I pulled that all out of my arse and didn't actually play with them after all. My comments have not been directed at you at all. You have no interest in my posts and trust me, I have absolutely zero interest in yours. So at the risk of the special olympics of arguing with someone over the internet, let's leave it there.

How realistic is that?
Can a bowler vary the amount of swing?
i have never played real cricket with a cricket ball.
So i,m not sure if a bowler can impart more swing 1 ball and less swing the other.

Spin is fine, give it a rip and it turns more and not so much will lead to less turn
Yes that can be done and it depends on the angle of seam..Bowlers like Anderson, Bhuvaneshwar kumar are really good at controlling the swing IMO....
Would like that graphics where you get to see "The actual ball" and "If the ball had not swung" degrees for comparison in the next version...

So having played 4 test matches in my 9 team club level league, and after hammering all the AI teams so far, its safe to say that beating AI teams is a piece of cake. In PRO mode in Test matches.
Due to the following

• Reckless AI running leads to atleast 2-3 run outs
  • Human player gets undeserved wickets easily
  • Place Mid on / Mid off and Long on / Long off against the AI and you are guaranteed wickets
  • AI tail wags for a while but then stay patient and u get them
  • Bowl full length deliveries, have midon and mid off and AI struggles to score runs
  • When human is batting , AI field setting does change but it needs to be more dynamic. Currently it offers, human player lots of options to score.

My question is to people here who have played test matches in legend, veteran.
Do these AI issues persist?

@Langeveldt If you are playing on console then wait for the patches to arrive and then discuss on these matters...The combination of the patches and blocker's teams works really well, I have had really good experiences with them...I have gone from batting for both teams to bowling for both teams now...Thanks to their effort...

My question is to people here who have played test matches in legend, veteran.
Do these AI issues persist?
On legend mostly AI thrashes you for runs but edges are very very rare...You get most of the wickets from the all favorite mid on and some square leg on sweep against spinners..So if you need a good target to chase when batting play on legend, you would not feel rewarded for bowling IMO..Thats the reason the match I have been playing [mentioned in the above post is on Pro, so not batting (too easy)]...

Users who are viewing this thread