PC version 1.20.1 released

@Langeveldt If you are playing on console then wait for the patches to arrive and then discuss on these matters...The combination of the patches and blocker's teams works really well, I have had really good experiences with them...I have gone from batting for both teams to bowling for both teams now...Thanks to their effort...

I'm surprised that you have said this as it sounds a better experience without the patches tbh.

So having played 4 test matches in my 9 team club level league, and after hammering all the AI teams so far, its safe to say that beating AI teams is a piece of cake. In PRO mode in Test matches.
Due to the following

• Reckless AI running leads to atleast 2-3 run outs
  • Human player gets undeserved wickets easily
  • Place Mid on / Mid off and Long on / Long off against the AI and you are guaranteed wickets
  • AI tail wags for a while but then stay patient and u get them
  • Bowl full length deliveries, have midon and mid off and AI struggles to score runs
  • When human is batting , AI field setting does change but it needs to be more dynamic. Currently it offers, human player lots of options to score.

My question is to people here who have played test matches in legend, veteran.
Do these AI issues persist?

Even less edges and the AI bat like its a one day game. The above issues you have mentioned still exist but can't comment on run outs as I play on console so have only ever seen one. definitely prefer that to 2/3 a match though. Personally I think the higher levels are more suited for the shorter forms.

Even less edges and the AI bat like its a one day game. The above issues you have mentioned still exist but can't comment on run outs as I play on console so have only ever seen one. definitely prefer that to 2/3 a match though. Personally I think the higher levels are more suited for the shorter forms.

I don't think if you're playing with reduced attributes as well as skills you'll get anything like this - I've taken one run out over several matches, because the fielders don't have run/arm speed to pull off more.

I don't think the bowling experience has changed much, edges are about the same. I think slip catches are rarer, though there are now some edges going to point.

I think BA should make the AI stop playing almost exclusively with aggressive triggers, and the ridiculous situation of aggressive shots having less edge probability than normal shots is indefensible and must be changed. These two things alone would improve the bowling experience no end. Additionally they should reduce the number of aerial shots.

I struggle to see how those 3 changes would result in a weaker AI or allow exploits. In any case as I pointed out earlier, the game is designed around the exploit of double triggers.

I don't think if you're playing with reduced attributes as well as skills you'll get anything like this - I've taken one run out over several matches, because the fielders don't have run/arm speed to pull off more.

I don't think the bowling experience has changed much, edges are about the same. I think slip catches are rarer, though there are now some edges going to point.

I think BA should make the AI stop playing almost exclusively with aggressive triggers, and the ridiculous situation of aggressive shots having less edge probability than normal shots is indefensible and must be changed. These two things alone would improve the bowling experience no end. Additionally they should reduce the number of aerial shots.

I struggle to see how those 3 changes would result in a weaker AI or allow exploits. In any case as I pointed out earlier, the game is designed around the exploit of double triggers.

I forgot you said that before regarding the run-outs.

It appears that the double trigger shots are the big issue here as you say. It is these shots that result in the majority of the catches to mid on/off as well as the edge issue. These shots by the AI need to be reduced and non trigger shots increased.

I agree that I don't see how getting the AI to play a higher ratio of non trigger shots would create exploits. The exploits already exist, they are called mid off and mid on.

I currently have the AI 272/7 off 90 overs in reply to my 425. You'd think I'd be happy, but it's the worst bowling innings I've had on Pro in ages.

There have been 2 edges in the whole 90 overs, both falling just short of backward point.

The dismissals have been:
1) Caught cover charging the off spinner
2) caught mid on off vs slow left arm spinner
3) holed out to long off vs the slow left arm spinner
4) bowled stepping a foot outside leg stump to a ball hitting top of off vs seamer.
5) caught cover off a cut vs seamer!
6) caught deep backward square hitting aggressive leg clip off slow left arm
7) caught & bowled vs seamer: I play on semi-auto fielding, so I should have to make the catch, but I did not attempt to do so - it wasn't hit straight at him but to his left and he stuck his arm out, so it seemed to be an entirely scripted dismissal. I know @BigAntStudios deny suggestions that events are scripted, but really - what was going on there?

Every dismissal has felt cheap, and the bowled, caught cover from a cut and the caught and bowled are 3 of the worst dismissals I've ever seen.

I really do wonder whether we have reached the end of the promised fixes that @BigAntStudios said they will release. They've fixed a lot of issues and have included shots that we desperately wanted to have in game. But they've been very quiet regarding two of the biggest issues, the AI batting and lack of proper, realistic dismissals. Sometime I get a feeling that they probably won't tinker with the AI too much in this iteration of DBC so fixing of those issues may not take place.

I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Anything Big Ant adds in the patch is a bonus and I would expect major overhaul of the game (i.e. AI) in the next iteration.

I really do wonder whether we have reached the end of the promised fixes that @BigAntStudios said they will release. They've fixed a lot of issues and have included shots that we desperately wanted to have in game. But they've been very quiet regarding two of the biggest issues, the AI batting and lack of proper, realistic dismissals. Sometime I get a feeling that they probably won't tinker with the AI too much in this iteration of DBC so fixing of those issues may not take place.

I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

I think you're spot on. Ross has said that this week is it; the PC build at the end of this week is what will be submitted as the console patch 3. So obviously there's no time to overhaul the AI.

In general terms I'm delighted with the patch - there are unquestioned and significant improvements. I'm a little disappointed that the AI batting and general bowling experience haven't improved but accept that time and resources are not infinite.

My biggest concern though is this: Big Ant must be aware of the strength of feeling on this issue so there must be a reason why they've not addressed it. Have they tried but couldn't do it? If that's the case it's a big question mark over the sequel... Can they deliver a fluent and rewarding bowling experience vs a balanced yet competitive AI?

It's funny that you ask this, as I was only thinking today to ask if the PC version has a datagob file and if anyone had attempted to access it, as has been done in the past.
There's a data blobset .pc file. I have development tools on my computer including a pro C++ compiler but I have never successfully opened it: believe me I have tried repeatedly.
I had that thought as to why no one has attempted this then thought that maybe because cricket not being that popular amongst gamers like GTA series where people are waiting for the game to arrive and breakdown the files and start tweaking be it graphics,gameplay or even modding....

Had gotten in a long time before using a script, folder structure texture and audio fiels are good..but other files in are scrambles can.t make much of it.

Last edited:
2015_07_17_00001.jpg
2015_07_17_00003.jpg

There's this bowler Jordan, who 99% of time bowls at speed 141.1 KM/H.

You literally will not believe this: I just got a no-ball given despite the needle being smack bang in the middle of the green zone. THAT ball, at 91.2 overs, I get an edge caught behind.

FML

Ross hates you and ensured you got a "special" version :p

Users who are viewing this thread