[PCCL 2010] Feedback Thread

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You have a very decent idea Treva, I remember reading it origionally. To be honest, 2 leagues is enough. First Class and OD is pretty much a beautiful league, no need to go adding T25.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That was at the time, and with PCPL I don't think we need a T25 league.

One of my big things was using Sohum's sim to make it more easy. Put more emphasis on pitch types and therefore more decision making going into team.

An idea of mine was to have a pitch made out of these options: Bounce, Wear and Grass. Each would have a rating out of 10 that you could implement into the sim. Then each team at the start of the competition would choose their pitch type. So say one team wanted a seamer friendly track they'd have: Bounce 8, Wear 0, Grass 10, or something similar. Then after each week the team could choose to change each option by 1.

Don't know if that could be implemented into Sohum's sim and I have no idea if it would be too difficult to do. Just thought it would make everything a lot more tactical.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
That was at the time, and with PCPL I don't think we need a T25 league.

One of my big things was using Sohum's sim to make it more easy. Put more emphasis on pitch types and therefore more decision making going into team.

An idea of mine was to have a pitch made out of these options: Bounce, Wear and Grass. Each would have a rating out of 10 that you could implement into the sim. Then each team at the start of the competition would choose their pitch type. So say one team wanted a seamer friendly track they'd have: Bounce 8, Wear 0, Grass 10, or something similar. Then after each week the team could choose to change each option by 1.

Don't know if that could be implemented into Sohum's sim and I have no idea if it would be too difficult to do. Just thought it would make everything a lot more tactical.
If we had to go into that much detail, I would resign as captain simply because I don't feel that I have the time to dedicate every day or 2 to do that to the best of my ability, although I do like the idea - in fact its an excellent idea, but the time needed would be too much. Also, that is more information for the simmer to enter in (more time on his part), and we're already having trouble getting these games simmed on time (which as I said earlier, is the strongest reason that this season has so far been abit dull).

I think we need an entire overhaul of the system - get rid of all the teams at the end of the season, and start off fresh with new captains (or retain the old ones if they are still qualified).

And everybody has to be redrafted. I think we've been stuck with the same teams for far too long and need to completely restart it from scratch.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Does post count have a ranking and determine your performance? Like, across the whole forum, your post count gets updated every so often (like month, etc) and the more posts, the better you are?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not a fan of getting rid of every team. I'm a Melbourne Bitter, I want to remain that way.

Its relatively simple in my opinion,

5 teams (end of the season scrap the least active) + less games (home & away is pretty much it) + have the top 4 play Semi's and a Final = more activity.

We could have an international "calender," as it where also.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I'm not a fan of getting rid of every team. I'm a Melbourne Bitter, I want to remain that way.

Its relatively simple in my opinion,

5 teams (end of the season scrap the least active) + less games (home & away is pretty much it) + have the top 4 play Semi's and a Final = more activity.

We could have an international "calender," as it where also.

No final four if there are only 5 teams.. Makes the previous 8 rounds somewhat pointless, still just have a grand final, 1 v 2

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just get the simmers to actually sim...

Thats the only problem ffs, there was no problem with the current format, the simmers were just handballing the job to one another.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hooper, we've explained our reasons as to why the organisation side has been shoddy this season, so there's no need to keep going on about it.

wolf

International Cricketer
If you're struggling you should ask for volunteers to take over. Instead of just struggling on.

There might not be anyone willing, but no harm in asking.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Hooper, we've explained our reasons as to why the organisation side has been shoddy this season, so there's no need to keep going on about it.
There is no problems, thats the only problem.

I was enjoying Cricsim, as was everyone else besides the simmers.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have decided not to sim next year. I had similar hassle before and I just can't be arsed with it anymore. So from next season we'll need new simmers.

Please put your name down if your wishing to help with simming next season.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
upZYRQr47l0.gif

Hooper

ICC Board Member
No, I will stand up and offer my services in simming.

However, Will would probably suffer the same fate as Hansie Cronje in more ways then one. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread