• I am still playing this game

Votes: 68 43.3%
  • I have stopped playing this game

Votes: 78 49.7%
  • I have never played this game

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've started playing again now and am completely immersed in my own little Ashes induced bubble (even though I thought I wouldn't play much, patch or no patch, because the Ashes are over).

I have stopped playing becasue I have achieved the number 1 ranking in ODIs and T20s. I will start playing again when the patch comes out.

Gotta admit i do love this game online and believe with the patch being released it will make online really enjoyable with the online improvements also. The main reason i brought this game was for the offine play and i cant wait to start an ashes series once the patch is released as i have put playing this game on hold for the time being, but as i said do enjoy playing online.

Cant wait for the xbox 360 ashes cricket 2009 patch!!!!!!

Offline has become so much more playable and enjoyable and am enjoying playing ODI's at them moment. I have created my own little Champions Trophy Tournament. Can't do that in the game obvilously but a little bit of work in excel does the trick nicely!:)

Offline has become so much more playable and enjoyable and am enjoying playing ODI's at them moment. I have created my own little Champions Trophy Tournament. Can't do that in the game obvilously but a little bit of work in excel does the trick nicely!:)

That's a good idea. Perhaps someone can design a template - an excel file like yours adapted to a web page here - with all the relevant details? All you have to do is complete the matches separately in AC09 and fill out the points tables. Then perhaps the table itself automatically works out the points and net run rates (or whatever) when you click an "update" button. When you reach the quarter finals, begin the tournament in AC09 at those quarter finals.

This might be a way of extracting more out of the game via tournament modes until AC10 comes out.

Dutch, you're a smart bugger :clap :banana2

That's a good idea. Perhaps someone can design a template - an excel file like yours adapted to a web page here - with all the relevant details? All you have to do is complete the matches separately in AC09 and fill out the points tables. Then perhaps the table itself automatically works out the points and net run rates (or whatever) when you click an "update" button. When you reach the quarter finals, begin the tournament in AC09 at those quarter finals.

This might be a way of extracting more out of the game via tournament modes until AC10 comes out.

Dutch, you're a smart bugger :clap :banana2

Thanks for the compliment! I can see if I can post some screenies of what and how I am doing it and it might be useful for others! :) I use this as well to create tours etcetera so as I can have my own off-line statsfestival and it makes the shelflife of this wonderful piece of coding very longeable (new word of the day!):)

Thanks for the compliment! I can see if I can post some screenies of what and how I am doing it and it might be useful for others! :) I use this as well to create tours etcetera so as I can have my own off-line statsfestival and it makes the shelflife of this wonderful piece of coding very longeable (new word of the day!):)

What about using Google spreadsheet then you can select the people who are playing in your online tournament and give them access to the spreadsheet or select one person (a non participant) to keep the books.
This would be a great method of improving online play by invitation. Set up a league/tournament. Randomly draw the matches to be played with a set deadline, giving the opponents the chance to arrange a time suitable to both to play within that deadline.
I don't play much online (I'm not very good:crying) but I would like to try something like this. Maybe the new patch will make the idea redundant but who knows, just an idea maybe not even an original one.

Sorry, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Excel; how did you do that?

Am not playing the game as much, hope once patch comes out i will get back into it, if anyone wants a match add me on 360 :D

i hate the new controls, u cant use the mouse:doh

Sorry, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Excel; how did you do that?

It's very simple at the moment. Just a way of recording the match results and fixtures and calculating the points. It's quite easy once you get into it. I am hoping to develop it further so that it could be used as a template for others to create their own tours and tournament fixtures and have much more recording and calculating of essential stats. I am using the excellent work done by Pasty as a foundation and adapting parts of it. I hope to spend some time on it this holiday (2 weeks free!!). If I feel it is worthy of uploading for others to use if they wish I will do so!

Am not playing the game as much, hope once patch comes out i will get back into it, if anyone wants a match add me on 360 :D

I have no doubt you will. :)

i hate the new controls, u cant use the mouse:doh

The mouse? Why would you want to use the mouse?

It's very simple at the moment. Just a way of recording the match results and fixtures and calculating the points. It's quite easy once you get into it. I am hoping to develop it further so that it could be used as a template for others to create their own tours and tournament fixtures and have much more recording and calculating of essential stats. I am using the excellent work done by Pasty as a foundation and adapting parts of it. I hope to spend some time on it this holiday (2 weeks free!!). If I feel it is worthy of uploading for others to use if they wish I will do so!

Nice one. :)

can i get a list of the fixes that are coming in the patch ?

You certainly can: you'll find it on the first page of this thread:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...open-beta-1-released-download-here-59194.html

Edit: My bad, that's just the betas. No-one knows what the fix list is for the full patch, as far as I'm aware. :)
thanks i saw it. i'm excited, although i would like if they work more on the online aspect.

they should track matches won/lost/DNF(did not finish) on the leaderboards, its a shame they dont track it yet but yeah i hope they do in the patch

Users who are viewing this thread