PlanetCricket A to tour PC - Tour over!

Anybody above U10 level would give your bowlers some decent fitness training Sohum. Basically you just admitted that your bowling lineup is incredibly weak.

Anybody above U10 level would give your bowlers some decent fitness training Sohum. Basically you just admitted that your bowling lineup is incredibly weak.
He didn't say that our bowlers are weak. He said that our batsmen are strong!

Your eagerness to see something that didn't exist led to you misinterpreting my comment. As K_X pointed out, our batsmen will probably make your bowlers think about getting into another sport.

I also see now why the Tornadoes didn't have a net practice. I seem to recall our ground staff having a bat against your starting bowling line-up and but 10 minutes into the ad-hoc net session all the cricket balls allocated to you had been dispatched into oblivion.

Your eagerness to see something that didn't exist led to you misinterpreting my comment. As K_X pointed out, our batsmen will probably make your bowlers think about getting into another sport.

I also see now why the Tornadoes didn't have a net practice. I seem to recall our ground staff having a bat against your starting bowling line-up and but 10 minutes into the ad-hoc net session all the cricket balls allocated to you had been dispatched into oblivion.

I wouldn't be trusting your memory too much sohum. We've only been here a few days and you're recall is obviously very vague at best. Take some time off reading dictionaries and pick up a book on improving your memory.

We tried to have a net session but we couldn't wake your ground staff who seemed to have all passed out from drinking on the job. This was further evidenced by the fact that when we decided we'd just set up for the net session ourselves we had to call it off as we found that a selection of beer bottle tops had been rolled into the pitch and it would have been too dangerous for our batters to face the express pace of our bowlers with the concern that anything bowled on a good length might have jumped up and at that pace could have killed one of us.

Our spinners rolled their arms over just to test it out and we'd never seen them turn the ball so much. Before then I thought it was impossible to turn the ball at more than right angles but I was wrong.

Our fast bowlers had to be content with a modified bowling routine where they bowled shot puts at the wall of the main grandstand. Sorry about the rubble that was left after the session. It's lucky you don't get big crowds to your local games, the grandstand wouldn't have been able to hold more than a few spectators. It crumbled like cardboard.

...just like your batting line-up will in this series

Spot on Jarman. The groundsmen were sprawled out on the pitch, with beer dripping from their lips. Surely that's not a way to prepare a pitch, must be the new PlanetCricket way.

I did go into the practice nets to have a bit of a whack, and our express pace bowler nipped one off a beer top and almost hit me in my throat. I just managed to recover and pull it away safely, though.

Sorry about the shotput thing, at the end a few of us stayed behind and practised bowling with anything we could find - unfortunately, the closest thing we could find was your explosives lab so we grabbed a few molotov cocktails and grenades and decided to have a go with them.

Sorry about the state of your ground, I don't know how the groundsmen went. We chucked a grenade into the middle and ran, didn't see if he was awake or not yet but he probably could've defended himself.

All part of the fun, whilst maybe not the most suitable warmup still a very fine one indeed.

This was further evidenced by the fact that when we decided we'd just set up for the net session ourselves we had to call it off as we found that a selection of beer bottle tops had been rolled into the pitch and it would have been too dangerous for our batters to face the express pace of our bowlers with the concern that anything bowled on a good length might have jumped up and at that pace could have killed one of us.

Teal deer. Look it up.

Our spinners rolled their arms over just to test it out and we'd never seen them turn the ball so much. Before then I thought it was impossible to turn the ball at more than right angles but I was wrong.

I suppose you're putting the juniormost player at forward short leg, then.

Teal deer. Look it up.

I suppose you're putting the juniormost player at forward short leg, then.

Teal Car would be more accurate in your case... "can't read"

It's always the juniormost player that fields at short leg.:D
The rest of us are not that stupid. Although I do feel safer against your tame batters.

Last edited:
Do you guys have insurance? You may want to get some on your pavilion before the game. It will come in very handy after our first innings.

Teal Car would be more accurate in your case... "can't read"

It's always the juniormost player that fields at short leg.:D
The rest of us are not that stupid. Although I do feel safer against your tame batters.
I prefer slips mate.:D

Last edited:
Do you guys have insurance? You may want to get some on your pavilion before the game. It will come in very handy after our first innings.

I prefer slips mate.:D

There'll be plenty of opportunity to field in the slips tbnb. Most of us will be fielding permanently in the slips cordon as the PC players have a tendency to edge the ball more than they find the middle of the bat.
We're expecting most of their wickets to be caught in the slips or bowled. We know there's no chance of getting an LBW decision going our way but it won't matter.

Well your bowlers still must be pretty bad if they are getting smashed by your batsmen.
You sound like a broken record... which is good because our batsmen will be breaking all the high-scoring batting records in just a few weeks against your poor bunch of Bermuda-second-XI-quality bowlers.

I wouldn't be trusting your memory too much sohum. We've only been here a few days and you're recall is obviously very vague at best. Take some time off reading dictionaries and pick up a book on improving your memory.
I'm sorry that you feel that one needs to read the dictionary to have a decent vocabulary. Of course, that's not too surprising because your team's combined IQ is less than Glenn McGrath's bowling average. Don't know how you've managed to distinguish between bat and ball for so long.

We tried to have a net session but we couldn't wake your ground staff who seemed to have all passed out from drinking on the job. This was further evidenced by the fact that when we decided we'd just set up for the net session ourselves we had to call it off as we found that a selection of beer bottle tops had been rolled into the pitch and it would have been too dangerous for our batters to face the express pace of our bowlers with the concern that anything bowled on a good length might have jumped up and at that pace could have killed one of us.

Our fast bowlers had to be content with a modified bowling routine where they bowled shot puts at the wall of the main grandstand. Sorry about the rubble that was left after the session. It's lucky you don't get big crowds to your local games, the grandstand wouldn't have been able to hold more than a few spectators. It crumbled like cardboard.

...just like your batting line-up will in this series
You should really stop eating the paper--your hallucinations will soon take over reality.

Last edited:
You sound like a broken record... which is good because our batsmen will be breaking all the high-scoring batting records in just a few weeks against your poor bunch of Bermuda-second-XI-quality bowlers.

I'm sorry that you feel that one needs to read the dictionary to have a decent vocabulary. Of course, that's not too surprising because your team's combined IQ is less than Glenn McGrath's bowling average. Don't know how you've managed to distinguish between bat and ball for so long.

You should really stop eating the paper--your hallucinations will soon take over reality.

Nice comeback gimp.

Indeed we do. Remember, I already stated a few pages back that I'm glad we have insurance so that we can cope with your frustration at being blown away in all forms of the game?

Nice comeback gimp.
Aha--someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to come up with anything but an insult (and a poor one at that)! You must still be scratching your head wondering why the umpire asked you to get the hell out of the middle after you lost all three stumps whilst batting a couple of years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread