PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

I can tell you right now that they are not.

I wish I had of gone to the testing thing that Transmission did in Melbourne a while back...
Damn, it'll be pretty hard to make a good game then.

Was that the thing on the age website asking for testers? I didn't know that it was for this.

Colin, if you could, could you ask a very short question while you are there? It's 'Will this be released on NTSC format for the XBOX360?'

A positive attitude person won't consider that 'anything less' thing as letdown.. he will move forward taking it easy. Life is to enjoy.. If you complicate and stay in pessimistic attitude, you may receive a pleasant surprise to make you happy.. but that 1 happiness which would come from 100's of torture before, is negligible.

It is always better to move forward in life with positive mindset rather than being a pessimistic asking 1001 questions. ;) One simple example in my perspective is, I also have played cricket games right from TV games to PC games... i.e from 97! But I have never been disappointed with the poor games. I expected more on C07, BLIC 05, BLIC 07.. but nothing came.. Hence, I simply continued to play C05(with PC patches) which gave me more happiness. Com'on I can't keep on brooding that BLIC 07 didn't give me anything I expected and consider that as a disappointment in first place. I wouldn't have continued my story thread only for around 3-4 years if I had stayed on pessimistic view. ;)

" Happiness is not a thing which get created in front of you.. Its you who can create happiness in you! ".

I think its long enough boring post! :D Lets move on before it goes far too away from the topic. :)

@ people who are going to codies place, we can consolidate some good points to ask them in person. What say? Also the very first time we get a new game in our hands, we will forget everything because of the excitements. So lets be careful and alert. :)

Not a boring post mate, a good way to live your life.

Another way to say it would be

Just try not to focus on the negative all the time

I see so much of it on the internet. It's easy to focus on the negative aspects of everything all the time.

If something new comes along, be it a book, movie, game, whatever, and it doesn't 100% live up to your expectations, try to enjoy what aspects of it you -do- like. There's absolutely no point in focussing on all the bits that disappointed you, just move on! Life is too short.

OMG the bowling speed isn't exactly the same as it is in real life, "that's it they're not getting my money." Great man, that's great. So don't buy it. But then they post again, and again, and again... trying to convince everyone else that they're wrong for wanting to be excited about it... why? What is the point?

At the end of the day, it's just video game. A toy. Something to be played with. If you try it out (i.e. a demo, rent it) and enjoy it, maybe you buy it or pirate it, you play with it and get more enjoyment from it. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. It's just a bit of entertainment. It's not life and death.

None of these games companies owe you anything. If you don't like the new cricket games that come out, maybe it's time to move on, enjoy something else. But don't get on the internet and try to spoil everyone else's fun to make yourself feel better that you don't enjoy it any more. It's just sad.

Yes, it's your right to complain isn't it? But what is it achieving? A balanced view perhaps, so that people don't get the 'wrong impression' that something is good when you think it's bad? Well as they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Just because you think it's bad, doesn't actually make it bad. Someone else out there may enjoy it for all the reasons you despise it. That's what makes the world such an interesting place. But getting on the internet and complaining again and again isn't going to change anything. It just means you live more and more in the negative... until you enjoy the safety of it... if everything sucks, then you can't get disappointed any more, right?

Well here's another way to look at it. Everything has value, everything is liked by someone, even if that isn't you. Complaining about it just makes you one of those people no-one wants to hang around or talk to, because all you end up talking about is the negative, cynical view of everything, someone who drains the fun and enjoyment out of any situation. I know, I used to live my life this way.

Surendar, your post is spot on. Life is much more enjoyable the moment you realise there just isn't any point to focussing on the negative. This doesn't mean you life your life in a fog, deluding yourself that you like everything. It means you open your heart and mind, and realise you don't -have- to like everything to enjoy life, and you don't have to dwell on the things you don't like.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. The new cricket games look pretty good, it's great that we're so lucky to have all these new games on the horizon in these tough times.

Not a boring post mate, a good way to live your life.

Another way to say it would be

Just try not to focus on the negative all the time

I see so much of it on the internet. It's easy to focus on the negative aspects of everything all the time.

If something new comes along, be it a book, movie, game, whatever, and it doesn't 100% live up to your expectations, try to enjoy what aspects of it you -do- like. There's absolutely no point in focussing on all the bits that disappointed you, just move on! Life is too short.

OMG the bowling speed isn't exactly the same as it is in real life, "that's it they're not getting my money." Great man, that's great. So don't buy it. But then they post again, and again, and again... trying to convince everyone else that they're wrong for wanting to be excited about it... why? What is the point?

At the end of the day, it's just video game. A toy. Something to be played with. If you try it out (i.e. a demo, rent it) and enjoy it, maybe you buy it or pirate it, you play with it and get more enjoyment from it. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. It's just a bit of entertainment. It's not life and death.

None of these games companies owe you anything. If you don't like the new cricket games that come out, maybe it's time to move on, enjoy something else. But don't get on the internet and try to spoil everyone else's fun to make yourself feel better that you don't enjoy it any more. It's just sad.

Yes, it's your right to complain isn't it? But what is it achieving? A balanced view perhaps, so that people don't get the 'wrong impression' that something is good when you think it's bad? Well as they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Just because you think it's bad, doesn't actually make it bad. Someone else out there may enjoy it for all the reasons you despise it. That's what makes the world such an interesting place. But getting on the internet and complaining again and again isn't going to change anything. It just means you live more and more in the negative... until you enjoy the safety of it... if everything sucks, then you can't get disappointed any more, right?

Well here's another way to look at it. Everything has value, everything is liked by someone, even if that isn't you. Complaining about it just makes you one of those people no-one wants to hang around or talk to, because all you end up talking about is the negative, cynical view of everything, someone who drains the fun and enjoyment out of any situation. I know, I used to live my life this way.

Surendar, your post is spot on. Life is much more enjoyable the moment you realise there just isn't any point to focussing on the negative. This doesn't mean you life your life in a fog, deluding yourself that you like everything. It means you open your heart and mind, and realise you don't -have- to like everything to enjoy life, and you don't have to dwell on the things you don't like.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. The new cricket games look pretty good, it's great that we're so lucky to have all these new games on the horizon in these tough times.

GENIUS really good post and PLEASE NEVER do it again

Want to pre-play Ashes Cricket 2009?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planetcricket have been given the opportunity by Codemasters to go along to their headquarters for a preview play of Ashes Cricket 2009. This will include a tour, the chance to quiz the producers about changes from the last release and an opportunity to play the game. We will also be the first fans anywhere to play the Wii version scheduled for release later this year.
The date for this visit will be Monday 22nd June between 12 and 4. Due to it being a workday and only 2 weeks notice, there are spaces available for any members who are interested in coming along.
You must be 18 years or older and it would help to live in the UK. Codemasters HQ is located near Birmingham.
If you are interested please drop me a PM and remaining places will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Numbers are limited so act quickly as unfortunately we can't accommodate everyone.
Thanks,

Colin
PC Admin

Are you allowed to take videos inside then?

I donno who tested /played demo of BLI07. but,this time around they invited the correct persons for this game.If they can impress our staff then this game would be a huge success for sure. I am waiting for 23rd june to see the review

coolz_hari added 31 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I feel best preview so far

I don't see no preview.

Users who are viewing this thread