PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

@Biggs

In your edit you make some excellent points there. The way the PR around this game is being handled really does make you wonder sometimes....nothing on the official forum even suggests this event took place or has taken place....nothing.....

how have they fooled us time and again u ask? even last time they said they will build it from scratch... the result is there for u to see... Nd this this time it was the most emphasized thing that this game is being built by different developers who have no access to previous code and they told us it is being built from scratch... i will still wait till i see some footage or screens before i make my decision... but if the animations , the gfz or the overall look of the game is anything similar to that of previous titles, these guys would have 1 less copy of the game sold.

When did i say ba cricket hitting shelves? Its your assumption from my argument. I am saying ac13 is enough to keep us going for a month or two before we get the ba cricket game.

how have they fooled us time and again u ask? even last time they said they will build it from scratch... the result is there for u to see... Nd this this time it was the most emphasized thing that this game is being built by different developers who have no access to previous code and they told us it is being built from scratch... i will still wait till i see some footage or screens before i make my decision... but if the animations , the gfz or the overall look of the game is anything similar to that of previous titles, these guys would have 1 less copy of the game sold.

No one is telling you to purchase a copy. I would suggest you wait for review before making any decision.

there is definitely no If's or But's, Ba cricket will release this year, they have put too much time, effort and resources and it can't be more better timing then now them to release their cricket game.

We will see Ba cricket hitting anytime from now till September 2013 no later than that.

Good or bad ac13 is like starters before main course of ba 20 years career mode.

I'd like to know how you both know this? It's total guesswork and I'd also like to know what you are basing your opinion on that BA Cricket will be as good as A2013? Screenshots, Trailers? You're basing it on features announced from the developer who is going to make the game sound as good as possible.

But you said they had lied to you...want to clarify that? Who lied, how?

The code for the game is completely new, every last bit. The ideas and themes perhaps not. Whether that is a good or bad thing we will have to wait and see.

Now, I am going to ask you again to either clarify your comment about lying or retract it.

calm down man, i never had great expectations from ac13, so anything is a bonus. Be excited about ba cricket, its the real deal.

there is definitely no If's or But's, Ba cricket will release this year, they have put too much time, effort and resources and it can't be more better timing then now them to release their cricket game.

We will see Ba cricket hitting anytime from now till September 2013 no later than that.

Sep 2013 is a huge assumption on your part. As a sage, and a learned one at that, once said "In videogame industry there's no guarantee and you believe it when you see it" ;)

When did i say ba cricket hitting shelves? Its your assumption from my argument. I am saying ac13 is enough to keep us going for a month or two before we get the ba cricket game.

See here you go making assumptions right there. You are assuming BA cricket will be out "one or two months" after AC 13 releases. My point was don't make such assumptions as there are many a slip between the cup and the lip.

@Biggs

In your edit you make some excellent points there. The way the PR around this game is being handled really does make you wonder sometimes....nothing on the official forum even suggests this event took place or has taken place....nothing.....

Listen, I'm no PR expert but I've worked in the media for a long time now and I know, better or worse, how to USE social media to your advantage. I know a little something about how to effectively promote a product and the fact that NOBODY was assigned to even tweet the copy-points of their presentation (or facebook em) is just hilarious in my eyes. Google search "Ashes Cricket" for the past 24 hours and everything points to THIS place. Matt and the guys are getting the ownership of this presentation! That's a great thing for us but it's a TERRIBLE way to market your product.

To not follow up this presentation (which WAS advertised here openly) with a PR release of images, copy-points or even a short video much like what EVERY company does after a presentation at E3 just makes me feel like a second-rate fan, unimportant and not "good" enough to be part of their little club. Yes, this wasn't E3, yes this was (most likely) a hastily planned presentation to create some buzz during the pre-ashes series with NZ but COME ON... how hard would it have been to tweet the copy points?! Baffles me.

It's 90s-era thinking.

NONE of the above is Barmy's fault, nor is it Chiefs and I'm not 'having a go' at anyone here, but it's just dumb. It's frustrating. We live in an age where a TV series can premiere in the US and HOURS later I can watch it on my laptop, legally, from anywhere in the world. There's your benchmark.

As you rightly point out - no mention of this even anywhere "official" other than PlanetCricket. Speaks volumes to me. I mean, here we are 17 pages in and we still have morons thinking this game is a port or patched version, it's crazy to me. Again, not having a go at anyone but I naively assumed there would be some official material supplied for folks to share, very least a little online press-kit or couple of screens? Nothing at all. I joke about the cake, but honestly... that's all we had CONFIRMED, seriously. Cake and possibly a slightly-cooler player-editor function and field-sets.

Just a bit baffled by the whole thing, really.

Last edited:
But you said they had lied to you...want to clarify that? Who lied, how?

The code for the game is completely new, every last bit. The ideas and themes perhaps not. Whether that is a good or bad thing we will have to wait and see.

Now, I am going to ask you again to either clarify your comment about lying or retract it.

well if they havent lied they have certainly cleverly tricked us or atleast me... so if they say the code is new then i take it back... but they said they did EVERYTHING from scratch... anyway i will leave it to the masses to decide for themselves when the previews come out...

Satish, unless you've SEEN THE PRESENTATION stop posting. You're embarrassing yourself.

I'd like to know how you both know this? It's total guesswork and I'd also like to know what you are basing your opinion on that BA Cricket will be as good as A2013? Screenshots, Trailers? You're basing it on features announced from the developer who is going to make the game sound as good as possible.

you probably have not used cricket academy yet if you are not convinced about ba cricket graphics, and not read the features list like drs, manual appealing, pro mode which makes ba cricket superior.

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly have we seen yet? Just because a game has the similar look & feel doesn't mean the code was reused.

Of course there would be similarities between the games as Chief had mentioned some of the folks working on AC 13 also worked on the earlier title(s) but that doesn't mean they bug fixed IC 2010, and hey presto you get AC 13!

----------

you probably have not used cricket academy yet if you are not convinced about ba cricket graphics, and not read the features list like drs, manual appealing, pro mode which makes ba cricket superior.

Well proof of the pudding is in the eating... I can go on about EA 2009 and what a great game that was turning out to be be but it doesn't help, does it? Unless the game releases or we have an official release date, it's all speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread