PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

Since people on the event saw the demo why cant we get any videos or screenshots

Soon I hope, my guess is the sites and Barmy will come with some goodies soon. Still I was not expecting much after the crap Xbox One reveal not long ago. Bigant small amount of information was the highlight of the day for me. Still tomorrow is a new day.

Really? It had a detailed Ashes mode including 2005 scenarios and 06/07 series.

Hang on, I thought you were talking about BLIC 2007. No if you're talking about Cricket 07 from EA (god it was crap) then yes it was for the Ashes.

AC13 and BA should make a game together bcoz some stuff that we need are in AC and some are in BA if they make a game together i bet that game will be the best game ever made and it will make you feel that you are actually in the game!!:cheers

I would rather have two different titles with their distinct gameplay and wishing both the games succeed so we get 2 established ongoing titles a la Madden or FIFA.

Hang on, I thought you were talking about BLIC 2007. No if you're talking about Cricket 07 from EA (god it was crap) then yes it was for the Ashes.

Best cricket game to date (modded mind)

Lack of screenshots etc is down to licensing issues. I wasn't given a date when I asked.
What I will say is that I spoke to the top guy at Trickstar and was impressed by the way they took the feedback from IC10 specifically from here and used it to make a better game.
Planetcricket was name-checked in his intro in front of all the other journalists.
I can't start making judgements about gameplay based on a short preview but for me they said the right things and gave us new info.

Quick notes summary.
Mike Fegan said, IC10 didn't catch the nuances so we made the call to throw it out and start again. The physics is the key element here. Means unpredictability, more edges, different kinds of edges including bat pad.
Jamie Firth then talked about the field editor which allows control over individual players. It uses the actual field as you see it with a graphical overlay. Players can be picked up and moved. More like setting field as captain.
As well as real time weather (regional variations) the AI uses a dynamic par score for the stadium and adjusts accordingly. Commentary is used to guide the player rather than just react to events.
There are 200 items of licensed kit which can be assigned to players.
Apologies for spelling errors. Writing this on laggy iPhone.

Quick notes summary.
Mike Fegan said, IC10 didn't catch the nuances so we made the call to throw it out and start again. The physics is the key element here. Means unpredictability, more edges, different kinds of edges including bat pad.
Jamie Firth then talked about the field editor which allows control over individual players. It uses the actual field as you see it with a graphical overlay. Players can be picked up and moved. More like setting field as captain.
As well as real time weather (regional variations) the AI uses a dynamic par score for the stadium and adjusts accordingly. Commentary is used to guide the player rather than just react to events.
There are 200 items of licensed kit which can be assigned to players.
Apologies for spelling errors. Writing this on laggy iPhone.

The bat-pad catches are music to my ears.

Licensed game has licensed content so stakeholders must sign off.

What does that mean? I'm confused.

Licensed game has licensed content so stakeholders must sign off.

My guess is no one will release video from the event, did you have to sign something Barmy ?

----------

The bat-pad catches are music to my ears.

What does that mean? I'm confused.

Stakeholders get a slice of the pie, part of the money from the game and the licence stuff needs to be well perfect, if there faces,shirts so on don't come close to the real thing then a big no.

Your comments opinion about the game based on the event

Thanks for the info Colin and appreciate it given the long day you have had. Here are a few questions from my side which hopefully you can answer tomorrow or at your convenience. No rush...

1. Did you by any chance ask the 505 Games folks why they are keeping the AC 13 release so low profile? I mean the release date is June 21st and this is end of May and so far other than PC there's no info about the game - not even a single preview anyplace - which seems a tad perplexing.

2. How come not many people in the gaming industry have heard about AC 13's platform submissions? In this case even some of the retailers and distributors haven't heard anything about the game so close to the release which is more than unusual.

3. Was the release date of June 21st announced as part of the formal event, i.e., a speaker at the event (Mike Fegan or Jamie) called out the date, or did someone from Trickstar or 505 Games re-confirmed the release date offline in a chat with you, and not really on the record?

Again, these are not your run of the mill questions but would love to know whether you were able to get some responses or insights related to these queries.

Users who are viewing this thread