PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

press event is over, dont know why still no official word on ac13 forum.

Last edited:
I'm not kissing you though, don't really wanna taste chief and Ross insides...

Tastes like Unicorns and Roses, your loss.

[/Doing Positive Talk]

...plus...

HAGGIS!

So you're just annoyed you didn't get screenshots. Then just say that.

Perhaps he's annoyed, or rather all of us are annoyed (barring Barmy) for not getting involved in a press event, which could've well been public than for few privileged ppl. The marketing ppl, as dumb as you could get, had a nice opportunity to get ppl all excited for this game, which sadly didn't happen. And, talking more from a fan's perspective than their perspective, you can always work out an agreement with the boards to allow them to show the licensed stuff to the public, common its just 26 days to the release of the game. So, its more to do with general disappointment for not getting any official insight into the game (remember, those tweets were all unofficial, all thanks to Barmy, and you doing great as well with writing down the recordings), than just screens.
Now, at least that's how I sum up things. And in all probability, this is just how we all have felt about the Friday event.

Perhaps he's annoyed, or rather all of us are annoyed (barring Barmy) for not getting involved in a press event, which could've well been public than for few privileged ppl. The marketing ppl, as dumb as you could get, had a nice opportunity to get ppl all excited for this game, which sadly didn't happen.
I agree and if that's just what he said I'd have had no issue. Just the equating of not being shown the game with somehow not being told anything about it isn't reflected in what we've had to date on the forums.

I agree and if that's just what he said I'd have had no issue. Just the equating of not being shown the game with somehow not being told anything about it isn't reflected in what we've had to date on the forums.

True that. The Friday event was a completely different thing, that doesn't change all that Chief has done for us.

Perhaps he's annoyed, or rather all of us are annoyed (barring Barmy) for not getting involved in a press event, which could've well been public than for few privileged ppl. The marketing ppl, as dumb as you could get, had a nice opportunity to get ppl all excited for this game, which sadly didn't happen. And, talking more from a fan's perspective than their perspective, you can always work out an agreement with the boards to allow them to show the licensed stuff to the public, common its just 26 days to the release of the game. So, its more to do with general disappointment for not getting any official insight into the game (remember, those tweets were all unofficial, all thanks to Barmy, and you doing great as well with writing down the recordings), than just screens.
Now, at least that's how I sum up things. And in all probability, this is just how we all have felt about the Friday event.

There wasn't too much new insight into the game: it was largely introducing a wider audience to everything I've been saying for the last 8 months. :)
NB: I think you might be underestimating the amount of "licensed stuff" in the game. Basically it's every single thing that someone else has a legal right over, not just "boards". Bats, balls, pads, stadiums, every sponsor IN a stadium, players, kits, music, commentary, technology... etc etc.

There wasn't too much new insight into the game: it was largely introducing a wider audience to everything I've been saying for the last 8 months. :)
NB: I think you might be underestimating the amount of "licensed stuff" in the game. Basically it's every single thing that someone else has a legal right over, not just "boards". Bats, balls, pads, stadiums, every sponsor IN a stadium, players, kits, music, commentary, technology... etc etc.

Welcome back Chief, I admire you sticking to the forums at all times, inspite of all the negativity floating around. I really hope that once the game hits the shelf, if its a true cricket sim you get some of the plaudits as well. Wish you good luck.

We do understand Chief about licencing as you have talked about it for months, but the game is out in 3 weeks right. You must know a start date when we can see the game.:D p.s Champions Trophy is june 6th and there is test match cricket now on, what more can i say.;)

Good to have you back, Chief! :)
Okay, didn't know much about that (the other licensed stuff, that is). Hope you make some deal with the concerned ppl & get us some visuals pretty soon.:D
And about the insight thing, I guess we're all desperate to see the things than just hear about them thorough the podcasts (not that podcasts are bad, but seeing is believing you see.:p). That's what I tried to convey there. But in the end, you obviously know much better than us, but I hope you (or whoever it is as Chief/505/Trickstar is all still pretty confusing for me) understand us & give us something to "look" fwd to soon. (hint: some vids :D )

@Chief
Barring apart from Ashes license Wish you just had spend the money on getting good new features and innovative gameplay. :(

"Licenses" aren't about money. They are the permissions to use someone else's legal property.

From my point of view we know most things about the game and screenshots aren't really going to add much at this point. Ultimately they're eye candy and you can't tell the important things like gameplay from them; no more than you can from a preview video.
We have loads of information on both games and now playing them will be the only test that matters.

Good to see you active again on here chief (I guess your absence was more to do with the preparation for the event you just had at Lord's). Now that we have been reassured that the game will release on 21 June, when are you guys planning to show us more visuals etc (as you had promised earlier when you said all the videos, details etc would be revealed closer to the release)? The release date is not even a month away from now, this question gains even more relevance now!

Users who are viewing this thread