PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

i appreciate your patience Chief. You remind me of Leonardo di Caprio's character from the movie The Departed caught in between hungry cricket fans and producers.I also think the fans asking for gameplay videos with hardly a month to go is understandable,but i think if it was Chief's decision, he would have released it long back.

I just found this today and no this is not me, my writing is a lot worse.:rolleyes
I hope this shows what people are feeling and it's not just people having no patience.

MICHAEL PULMAN GAMING

More Controversy Over Ashes Cricket 2013 Following Today?s Press Event

I am just going to flat out say this, I have backed and backed 505 Games and Trickstar to the death during the last month or so, but even I am getting a little short with them right now. Gamers were excited this morning, in anticipation of some concrete information about Ashes Cricket 2013, perhaps even a gameplay trailer, but what has been shown, well what was it exactly? Ashes Cricket 2013 held a press event in London today, and various people were live tweeting from that, but what has been said about AC 2013 has only increased the controversy on Facebook, Planet Cricket, and the official AC 2013 forum.

I actually don?t want to write about the features we heard about. One person on Twitter compared it to International Cricket 2010 in terms of it?s graphics, spoke a little about the bowling engine, but admitted the field editor was good. But no screens, no gameplay, no nothing was shown to fans, leaving many crying foul, with some even going as far as saying no such press event even took place. But on the Planet Cricket forum is where the heat is at, various people even claiming that 505 Games have lied when they stated the engine for this game has been built from scratch. For as laughable as that is, keeping in mind no one, on this side of the game anyway has seen AC 2013 in action, you just can?t say that. Like I said earlier, I have really supported Trickstar, and I don?t know but I just sense that AC 2013 is going to be good, but the PR surrounding this title has been a complete disaster, there is no denying that. AC 2013 is due to release on June 21st, less than a month away, and no screenshots look close to being shown. Now as sure as I write and post this, that will change, it always seems to happen doesn?t it. For so long I have been frustrated with the gamers, particularly on AC 2013?s Facebook page with their lack of patience, but I am just a sentence away from joining them now.

Let?s not forget that Big Ant are due to release their own cricket game soon as well.

Let's keep things in perspective. Here's what I was able to find about Michael Pulman...

About Michael Pulman Gaming

A freelance gaming news, views, and reviews website run by a 21 year old gamer named Michael Pulman. With daily news updates, occasional reviews, and weekly gaming commentaries/gameplay?s on Youtube, this is your one stop shop for everything console gaming.

Link...
MICHAEL PULMAN GAMING | About Michael Pulman Gaming

The article or excerpt from an article posted by 79cricket was an opinion expressed by Michael and wasn't something which was from a gaming magazine. They were views expressed by one person on his blog just like most of the folks do at PC.

One person on Twitter compared it to International Cricket 2010 in terms of it?s graphics, spoke a little about the bowling engine, but admitted the field editor was good.

Lol!!Colin all the way. :D

But on the Planet Cricket forum is where the heat is at, various people even claiming that 505 Games have lied when they stated the engine for this game has been built from scratch.

Ohh god!! These were just assumptions by some members based on the fact that no screenies were shown up till now, considering the game release is not that far away!! I am not sure why he'd take it so seriously, or probably he is one of them who just doesn't read the whole thread. :p

SNIP SNIP SNIP

Tbh, I have to agree with you. I don't even know what information was revealed from this press show, I don't know if the only place to see it is on barmy's twitter or what but there seemed to be no hype, nothing that stood out? didn't feel like a press conference.

Also just remember, if it sounds too good to be true...you know the rest.

Lol!!Colin all the way. :D

Ohh god!! These were just assumptions by some members based on the fact that no screenies were shown up till now, considering the game release is not that far away!! I am not sure why he'd take it so seriously, or probably he is one of them who just doesn't read the whole thread. :p

Yeah I was thinking the same, this guy just had his heart hurt and wanted to say what he was thinking. I did not post it to make 505 games and trickstar sound crap, I posted it because this is something they should fix for there next game. Now about ashes 2013 my feelings are up and down, the up is I loved ic2010 offline and I bet this game will be even better and I can't wait to pick the game out in 3 weeks tomorrow. On a down side, the marketing plan for this game has been well crap, now if the game rocks then all the bad feelings will go away fast but what if the game has some huge problems and they don't fix them after release like last time then this could end there cricket gaming futures and I don't want that and I bet all you pc members don't either. p.s Start the 79 cricket hate club here if you want, things like I only want screens and to be honest i'm way past screens now, I would love to see the game in full, say Chief plays the game for 10 min and talks the game up.;)

----------

Tbh, I have to agree with you. I don't even know what information was revealed from this press show, I don't know if the only place to see it is on barmy's twitter or what but there seemed to be no hype, nothing that stood out? didn't feel like a press conference.

Also just remember, if it sounds too good to be true...you know the rest.

I did not say I agree with what he is saying, sure i'm not happy with how secret the game has been but it's out in 3 weeks so i'm happy to get a new cricket game very soon. p.s He did not read Barmy tweets perfectly but at the same time why was this press event not open like the xbox one was, letting everyone feel they were there not just Barmy.

Yeah I was thinking the same, this guy just had his heart hurt and wanted to say what he was thinking. I did not post it to make 505 games and trickstar sound crap, I posted it because this is something they should fix for there next game. Now about ashes 2013 my feelings are up and down, the up is I loved ic2010 offline and I bet this game will be even better and I can't wait to pick the game out in 3 weeks tomorrow. On a down side, the marketing plan for this game has been well crap, now if the game rocks then all the bad feelings will go away fast but what if the game has some huge problems and they don't fix them after release like last time then this could end there cricket gaming futures and I don't want that and I bet all you pc members don't either. p.s Start the 79 cricket hate club here if you want, things like I only want screens and to be honest i'm way past screens now, I would love to see the game in full, say Chief plays the game for 10 min and talks the game up.;)

----------

I did not say I agree with what he is saying, sure i'm not happy with how secret the game has been but it's out in 3 weeks so i'm happy to get a new cricket game very soon. p.s He did not read Barmy tweets perfectly but at the same time why was this press event not open like the xbox one was, letting everyone feel they were there not just Barmy.

Wait what? who are you talking about? who's he?

barmyarmy is the only person from PC who had seen the AC 2013 , but he shared not even 1% about the look of the game. Does AC 2013 team asked him not to share the things he had seen?

You have confused me, i was quoting this post of yours; http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2512965-post437.html

I was just saying how I agree that the way things are going with AC2013 publicity or lack of is wrong and there's probably a good reason for it.

All cool then, yes I think we all agree the marketing has been crap, we all should be talking about the release but if there is a delay like a lot of us think there could the up roar on here is going to be epic.

----------

barmyarmy is the only person from PC who had seen the AC 2013 , but he shared not even 1% about the look of the game. Does AC 2013 team asked him not to share the things he had seen?

Barmy said little about graphic but he did say he is not a graphic man. Still how do the animations look say against ic2010, I don't care how many polygons the players have. A step up from ic2010 player models will be fine for me.

----------

Yeah course it is, :facepalm

21st of june for now but yes we all don't believe this 100%, soon we will know for sure.:spy

So IPL finished yesterday!!!!!! Just saying........:p

Hey! Dont be cheeky. Even though IPL has come to an end, 505 games cant show the gane because champions trophy is starting and there is no build up to the ashes till yet. Game will be shown on 21st june once your copy arrives in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread