PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

It's difficult for us to just post the audio (for reasons that would be obvious once you hear it).

I'll have something for everyone shortly.

Just temme if it is worth checking the forums every 10 mins? Does it have some much needed information?

I read the interview and found a few snippets quite interesting...

When we finish wrapping up this game shortly, the team will go away for a couple of weeks and get their lives back.

Our thing right now is gameplay balancing and bug fixing of course, and we?re working on things like player logic, etc ? we?re just wanting to do that fine tuning over the next few weeks before we really give code out for full review, but the publisher takes care of most of that for us which helps us focus on getting the game done.

We?re doing daily builds at the moment and are really pleased with how the game is coming along. The next few weeks are critical as we need to get the gameplay balancing right and we?ve also got to get a few of the bugs fixed, as all software has bugs unfortunately and we just need to minimise them as much as possible. So we?re pretty happy with things ? and we?ve been working on this game for three years so personally I?m looking forward to getting it out the door.

Now given these quotes from Mike Fegan, it looks like the game is still being given final touches. So how will the game be released on June 21st? Am I missing something here? To me it almost looks like the game will be handed over by Trickstar to the publisher (505 Games) by June 21st and not really released by that time. Really confused now as some parts of interview, especially related to release date, were quite contradictory.

Last edited:
Now given these quotes from Mike Fegan, it looks like the game is still being given final touches. So how will the game be released on June 21st? Am I missing something here? To me it almost looks like the game will be handed over by Trickstar to the publisher (505 Games) by June 21st and not really released by that time. Really confused now as some parts of interview, especially related to release date, were quite contradictory.

Doesn't bug fixing happen after the initial submission and rejection procedure?

^^ yup...got the same feeling. You would expect the work to be pretty much done when there is less than a month remaining for a multi million project...then again what do i know.

I wanted the game to get delayed in the hope that it will force the other game getting a release date also. But now that is not happening. This will release on 21st or maybe get delayed at the very end. the other game is definitely not getting a date before 21st june or ashes team gives the "game delayed" announcement, whichever happens first.

Doesn't bug fixing happen after the initial submission and rejection procedure?

To me it looks like Mike is talking about pre-submission bug fixing as he talks about "gameplay balancing", "wrapping the game shortly", "working on player logic", "doing daily builds" etc.

Maybe there's something "lost in translation" here and Colin would be able to provide the context around these comments.

Last edited:
Thanks to Barmy and to Mike Fegan. I'm expecting a big improvement this time around. The live pitch feature does sound good.

P.S. It's Jeff Thompson, not "Geoff" as written in the article.

i expected a lot from the press meet of AC 2013...but they not even released screenshots nor a gameplay video... are they testing our patience or trying to create a buzz before the release of the game.... atleast they should give a brief description about the game so that we could decide wheather to pre order the game or not... ita really dissapointing

How can you say that without even seeing a gameplay video, screenshot or played the game? How old are you, 10?

I suppose that FIFA 13 is a patched version of FIFA 12?

yeah..some of us guys are really negative in thoughts for this game, please remember EA is a Huge banner and they have all stuff in place to build a new game or future versions..also remember that we hardly had any PC Cricket game for last 4 years, I am hoping this is a new beginning and Trickstar & 505 do good from hereon to improve the next version and yes we can also expect some patches or addition to this version later on, for that they need our support, especially from Asian gamers (so please No pirated games this time around)

i expected a lot from the press meet of AC 2013...but they not even released screenshots nor a gameplay video... are they testing our patience or trying to create a buzz before the release of the game.... atleast they should give a brief description about the game so that we could decide wheather to pre order the game or not... ita really dissapointing

:eek: :noway

A lot of the 'new stuff' mentioned for this game has already been there for the games released before, but now we have new jazzy words for them (e.g. Live Pitch...I mean even in previous games, a wicket in India would be more spinner friendly than say in England). Plus the field editor.....that shouldn't be a feature that you should be harping about so many times...it is a nice feature but a lot of stuff needs to go hand in hand for it to actually be useful. Based on his comments it almost feels like it is their most cool feature. I will reserve my judgement till the time we get more info or the game is released, as the new features all sound like what we have already seen and played before.....let's see if the implementation is any different as that is what can set it apart!!!!

I really did not like the reply with respect to the competition.....when he mentions the things that sets them apart, it's all about licenses, nothing about gameplay?????

Users who are viewing this thread