PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

Different outfield for different stadiums is a nice addition

But it does not make much of a difference when playing the game...Gameplay holds the key to the game...:cheers

You will have to rely more on running between wickets if outfield is slow which in turn will tire the batsmen early. Its a part of gameplay, just bat hitting ball is not gameplay.

You will have to rely more on running between wickets if outfield is slow which in turn will tire the batsmen early. Its a part of gameplay, just bat hitting ball is not gameplay.

I agree but the diffrence should be visible...Many points like this have been said in earlier games as well but doesnt seem to have had much of an effect in the game that's why I said so..:cheers

I thoroughly agree with this, things said about features of game before release is a total different picture of what is in game. Look at the interview jamie firth gave at planet cricket where he talked about great features of ac09 in 2009, and what we got in ac09 everybody knows. But we still look at every next cricket title optimistically.

So confused!Its nt even funny. They aint frank at all, now it seems like the release date will get delayed!Not even a month to go and they are talking about fixing bugs, final touch ups in next 2 weeks ! when we are really got to see the trailer?probably the day before 21st june ! The friday event wasnt really helpful, its just made us more excited which kinda broken our longtime patients becasue we havent got any info as expected. really disappointed, sorry to let my feelings out .

Last edited:
So confused!Its nt even funny. They aint frank at all, now it seems like the release date will get delayed!Not even a month to go and they are talking about fixing bugs, final touch ups in next 2 weeks ! when we are really got to see the trailer?probably the day before 21st june ! The friday event wasnt really helpful, its just made us more excited which kinda broken our longtime patients becasue we havent got any info as expected. really disappointed, sorry to let my feelings out .

What's wrong with final bug testing for the next 2 weeks, I agree the marketing for ashes has not been as good as I would have liked but in the end the game is out in 3.5 weeks and as MattW said we can get screens,video then. Still if they want to show us soon I will be here with everyone else.:thumbs

You did get some info. Stop moaning.

Edit: that was addressed to Nahid.

Rugby challenge 2 just release there first trailer, the game gets release on june 13 just a week before ashes does. If we do get a trailer soon I hope it's like this one, long at 3.58 min and just shows the new features not a highlights reel. p.s What do people want in the first trailer.:spy

Colin
When watching the demo, did you notice any kit items or brands, if so could you please share them
thank you

It could be that the game has already been approved and that what they are working on is getting out a day one patch (as seems to happen with almost every game that is released these days) which balances game and fixes bugs. With this kind of scenario the game can be released on 21st June.

all i wanted to hear was something about gameplay. When they say they built everything from scratch, why don' t you believe them? They took 3 years to make this game so it should be fine. Not too positive about the longevity though. Hopefully people here with come up with solutions if needed.

I hope either the AC2013 or big ant studios should release their gameplay or trailer... both are the most anticipated cricket games after a long gap....i hope they wont delay.....:cheers

Well well, we've been here before! anyone who thinks there isn't some kind of issue with this game is deluded, not a single screen shot or even a few seconds of footage ??? :facepalm after the farce that was IC 2010, I don't trust anyone regarding cricket reviews.

I'm sure Graham Gooch's Cricket had live pitches back when I was at School 20 years ago, and If all they've got to boast about is a fielding editor, they really are having a laugh, for gods sake stop treating us like fools and tell us whats going on...all we want is a decent up to date cricket game that is playable and works online, without any major flaws! its impossible to eliminate all bugs from the best of games, never mind a low budget cricket title.

Haven't posted on here for a while, but like everyone else I'm hoping that someone will one day come up with a decent cricket game, instead of just ripping us off every few years :mad.

Why big up that event at Lords yesterday so much, IC2010 ( Codemasters) had an open session, if you could make it, with free food If I remember rightly, probably because they had nothing to hide!

roll on Friday June 21st where all will be exposed! Hope I am made eat humble pie....doubt it

Whoever made the decision to not show off the game at all up to this point needs to be asked some serious questions. Less than a month (supposedly) to the launch of the game and the most we have are some interviews and bog standard information? It's simply not good enough. Having spent a good portion of the last few years around different games and games companies, this marketing strategy is utterly bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread