PlanetCricket Exclusive Interview with IC10 Lead Designer Heath Smith

I'm very impressed with this interview for several reasons. The great work from Matt to get this to us, is one. Another is the consideration that Heath and Trickstar have for us paying public - much respect to you, Heath. The communication between PC and this company is exciting and Heath even mentioned the feedback from PC which they took the time to read and look into. This open dialogue benefits us all!

What I was impressed with most is that Heath mentioned "we learnt from our mistakes". This is NOT the same as admitting defeat - quite the contrary. It demonstrates motivation to get things right. This is a class act. Well done all round!

A good interview mattw.
Just a couple of questions.
Did you talk to him about the aus ic2010.
Is there going to be some new stuff for us.
Because 4 months sucks. Also the action cam looks
great but sometimes it looks like you play a shot and
its hard to see where on the field the ball goes.
Is that right or im i seeing things.:yes

Wow thanks so much for that. This is what sets PC apart from any other cricket gaming website.

I think they really did improve the AI! I was watching the footage of the game in the interview, and there was a no-ball in the second vid, which obviously means its a free-hit!! Now my eyes lit up at that moment to see what exactly the AI batsman would do....and I was delighted to see...the AI batsman hit the bowler for a SIX!!! So all you guys out there....dont bowl a no-ball in one-day and t20 matches...or the AI will make you pay for it :)!!

Great work Matt, thanks

Watching the game behind you made me drool.:hpraise

Hello, All

One thing that impressed me was the reaction of the slips near the start of the first video where they all go for the catch in a realistic way

It looks like Trickstar have made a brilliant game!:)

I've not been excited about a cricket game for a while (hell I turned 27 last week) but this one has me fluttering...

Same here, the play and misses looked very very realisitc.

one question when a bowler starts a second spell or a new over in a spell will it show his innings figures or career stats like in Ashes? Hope this has changed?

Any chance of subtitles on the 2nd video? Its hard to understand with all the static. Cheers.

BTW Matt, shame you did not grow up here, you would have made a fine linebacker.

Matt great interview and kudos to Heath for being so honest and modest....

One question that still wasn't answered ( or maybe I didn't notice). In your playtest, did you or Dean find it easier to smack spinners than fast bowler...In other words are spinners effective now or they are still very easier to smack as compared to fast bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread