Review Planetcricket.net Official Review

Everyone keeps mentioning that C2k2 was patched by EA but what they don't mention is that the patch did nothing except create a registry entry labelled "files for crappy patch".

Completely forgot about that - that clearly showed what EA thought of their cricket fan base :mad:

I think you've all probably got a fair point about the graphics score but on my new PC it looks very nice and I don't have any other games to compare it to yet!

Wait till you see games like COD4 & Crysis, Fear etc then you'll be seeing why people are saying the graphics are only fair. Gameplay should always win out over graphics anyway but it's great when they both are in a game.

are you going to write up a review once you get it? I want to know what you think when you finally get that copy in your hands.

Damn straight I'll post a review!!!!! I'll play for a few days, make a few notes and then write it all up.

Everyone keeps mentioning that C2k2 was patched by EA but what they don't mention is that the patch did nothing except create a registry entry labelled "files for crappy patch".

You are kidding me; that's all the patch did!! That's just taking the bloody piss!

They were concentrating on gameplay. It's hard to make any game in 2 years. Especially with a low budget.

They've used motion capture and fully licensed Ashes sides, with full-time employees and have Codemasters, one of the largest publishers about. That ain't low budget :laugh Not saying they can spend willy nilly, but it's not a low budget game and never will be when it involves some of the aforementioned stuff.

They've used motion capture and fully licensed Ashes sides, with full-time employees and have Codemasters, one of the largest publishers about. That ain't low budget :laugh Not saying they can spend willy nilly, but it's not a low budget game and never will be when it involves some of the aforementioned stuff.

What I don't get is there seem to be licences at all grounds (pitchads/stumps), going by the shots I've seen, apart from the...umm...Ashes ones... :sarcasm

You are right sureshot, this game isn't low budget but it ain't a super budget game like FIFA or PES. I had seen the making of PES 10 on youtube where they show there office where they are developing PES, boy!! there had to be at least 300 people working on the game. Transmission just have 85. So that is certainly a big difference. If AC09 sells well(which it would), then maybe transmission would get a bigger budget for next game....

P.S: I forgot to bring Bioshock2 in the above conversation. There are just 4 Developing studios working on the game a the moment :D:D:D

Good review i think the game is 79 out 100 it has lots going for it but the big problem for me is the spinners i can play defensive shots all day
BUT when i want to attack its edge after edge i try wait for ball i try run down to ball ,play early,
i move
either side and all i get is edge after edge , this makes the game pretty hard , because theres nothing like playing a spinner :facepalm

I had the same problem so i know your pain. but i have now learned to play spinners. you just need to adjust to the slow ball. first get your timing right and then play the shots. you need to have patience with spinners. timing is very important other wise every ball will go for a catch. wait for the ball to hit the ground.

Just got my copy today, before I could even play a full match against the AI, I ended up going online to play. Online the game is bloody awesome, my opponent started off slogging like a mad man, at 8 overs he was about 80-3, i was worried this game is a slogfest online, however I brought on the spinners and rolled him by the 13th over for 118!

chased it down in 18 overs with plenty of wickets to spare!

Just got my copy today, before I could even play a full match against the AI, I ended up going online to play. Online the game is bloody awesome, my opponent started off slogging like a mad man, at 8 overs he was about 80-3, i was worried this game is a slogfest online, however I brought on the spinners and rolled him by the 13th over for 118!

chased it down in 18 overs with plenty of wickets to spare!

Great stuff mate. Seems like your opponent isn't a PC member because he would have known how the game reacts to the spinners. Nice to see some great experiences.

Why dont they ask people on this fourm what we think the bowling paces and player ratings should be for england and australia then take an average for each player ? and also try a fix run rates

Nice review... exactly what i was feeling after playing it for a couple of hours... so disappointing, its definitely better than the previous versions, but nowhere near to be called the best. nowehre near to games like topspin3(the best sports game i've ever played) not even good enough as the below par virtua tennis :laugh
other negatives which i felt are the lack of control over the replays, poor player shot animations and poor graphics quality. they havent fully utilised ps3's awesome graphics engine. the online multiplayer is fun though...

Nice review... exactly what i was feeling after playing it for a couple of hours... so disappointing, its definitely better than the previous versions, but nowhere near to be called the best. nowehre near to games like topspin3(the best sports game i've ever played) not even good enough as the below par virtua tennis :laugh
other negatives which i felt are the lack of control over the replays, poor player shot animations and poor graphics quality. they havent fully utilised ps3's awesome graphics engine. the online multiplayer is fun though...

They haven't utilised the PC's superior GPUs fully either. :p

Users who are viewing this thread