Story Planetcriket Rockers Season 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
U got the point we didnt have the balance with the batting order, with too many agressors in the top order against quality bowlers..we have to look now at more defensive players...because even they hold the key to sucess in onedayers

das_vicky said:
hey sarmad where have u been??
man i have not been online for about a week due to some assignments...but i m back...pm me whenever something comesup :D

One thing I wanted to suggest to the PC Rockers Management is that we need to get our fans around Planet Cricket involved in the upcoming tournaments somehow. I think more than anything, Fantasy Cricket would be a good option. I could make a tournament in FC based on the PC Rockers and Bangladesh squad. It should be quite even since das_vicky is using Auto-play while bowling. Lemme know what you guys think of this. I'm sure we'll have Admins' approval for doing this.

I suggested a way we could ALL play the game last week, but it was shot out of the water

Basically, we ALL (those selected) get the PCR.ros from the selectors and then play the game against the selected team.

They take a screenshot of the game and then PM it to the manager or whoever, then a average is taken from all the scores and this gives us our score.

The players would have to bat well and keep their place in the team. ecause you could also post real players scores e.g. BubbsDJ 120 Das_Vicky 189 etc

Bowling would be autoplayed (or maybe those people that are seleceted as bowlers could bowl) and a average of the opponents score would be taken (but this should be fairly simalar due to everyone playing same team)

See?

Last edited:
I feel our team players don't know their role. All of them are Afridis with the bat, and McGraths with the ball. We need 3 strike pacemen, one frontline spinner, and ONLY two allrounders. Rest of the players should focus sincerely on their batting. When it come to batting, we should have one defensive player at the top, someone who could score something like 90 off 130. Occupy the strike and save wickets. FreddieFan is feels he can take the responsiblity. Our two allrounders have to accept that they can't bat in the middle order, and also that only 5 overs are required of them. We need two volunteers. Rest of the batters have to bat in pairs, that is 6 batsmen(including keeper)- 2 have to be moderate, one opener defensive, an the remaining aggressive. In pairs it should be:

Aggresive
Defensive
Moderate
Aggresive
Moderate
Aggressive
Then allrounders(both aggressive) and our slogoreffic tail(with one Gillespie at 11 in ODIs.)

Once we have the balance, all all the players knowing their roles, only then can we focus on tactics to different players.

The series against Bangladesh will be perfect to try out different combinations.

i have been messing around with kits and this was my first basic effort

Attachments

• pcr.jpg
    pcr.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 39
  • pcr1.jpg
    pcr1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 38
Nah...to colorful.

And for your each player play for himself-Wayyy to confusing become it will.

thats the thing, it isnt confusing at all.

whats confusing? 11 players play the game and a average is taken, i am sure this is better then one player playing the game.

Also the whole idea of aggressive and defensive players will come through as each player plays differently anyway.

I am happy to show how it is done and how easy it is.

BubbsDJ said:
thats the thing, it isnt confusing at all.

whats confusing? 11 players play the game and a average is taken, i am sure this is better then one player playing the game.

Also the whole idea of aggressive and defensive players will come through as each player plays differently anyway.

I am happy to show how it is done and how easy it is.
Ok, go ahead.

ZoraxDoom said:
I feel our team players don't know their role. All of them are Afridis with the bat, and McGraths with the ball. We need 3 strike pacemen, one frontline spinner, and ONLY two allrounders. Rest of the players should focus sincerely on their batting. When it come to batting, we should have one defensive player at the top, someone who could score something like 90 off 130. Occupy the strike and save wickets. FreddieFan is feels he can take the responsiblity. Our two allrounders have to accept that they can't bat in the middle order, and also that only 5 overs are required of them. We need two volunteers. Rest of the batters have to bat in pairs, that is 6 batsmen(including keeper)- 2 have to be moderate, one opener defensive, an the remaining aggressive. In pairs it should be:

Aggresive
Defensive
Moderate
Aggresive
Moderate
Aggressive
Then allrounders(both aggressive) and our slogoreffic tail(with one Gillespie at 11 in ODIs.)

Once we have the balance, all all the players knowing their roles, only then can we focus on tactics to different players.

The series against Bangladesh will be perfect to try out different combinations.
I would be willing to volunteer myself as number 3 or number 5 as I think its important you have your captain (if i still am) come in, in the top 5

Briggsey said:
I would be willing to volunteer myself as number 3 or number 5 as I think its important you have your captain (if i still am) come in, in the top 5
In that case you lose your role as an allrounder, and if I recall correctly, Yorkshire were planning to drop you down the order :p...

Allrighttyyyy....

we have selected 11 Players to play ANOMXI.

All Players Receive PCR.ROS and select the correct team lineup.

Even though we play one day games, Unlimited overs is selected (so the game doe not stop if we beat the opponents score)

The Bowling is Autoplayed.

The Batting is played by each player.

Once 50 overs is complete, Take a Screenshot of the scorecard and send it to whoever will be managing it.

There is a Deadline set of 72 hours (just say)

All Players must play the game within that time

Players who dont, may be dropped for the next game.

A Average is taken from all the scorecards submitted.

This is the PCR Batting Score

A High Staff Member, Does a Quick Game ODI and autoplays the Bowling - This will be the opponents score.

Emphisis will be on batting, as each player will hacve to bat the best they can to succeed as a team.

we will have to play two or three series with almost random batting order to find the capability of each player before we can start assigning roles..

or you can have a "Nets" Session - Get Every Player who is interested in playing to play one game against a opponent - also this would give selectors a better job.

if you saw stats, you can see what balls they hit etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread