Player Editing Tutorial

the way you can do it is right click on 64, press memory edit, then click on the 64 in the top left hand corner. then just press the down button 80 times or whatever. I can do it a bit quicker than that, but when I was starting out, that's just how I did it.

I've got bowling abilities entirely sorted. it's column 6, 7 and 8 of row 81. think this is all right, although someone will probably be laughing at me right now, but basically the 8th column number is the most important. it's a single digit number, with 1 being the best in the world type bowler, and then decreasing from there. munday is 3 for example. murali is 2. tom lungley is 4. david stiff is 5. that sort of thing. anyway, column 6 barely matters at all, and shouldn't be taken into consideration. column 7 is the other important one. if there's a 1 in the 8th column, then the lowest possible number in the 7th column is 64 and highest is 256, with 64 being best. so the best bowler in the world is 64-1. but if there's any other number in column 8, then the 7th column can have a number between 0 and 256.

so essentially, here's a range of abilities

64-1 <- best
255-1
0-2
255-2
0-3

etc etc. the left hand number can take any of the values between those figures stated, if you know what I mean.

I hope that's all a bit clear. if not, read it a few times before asking for help. I'm hoping a few can understand it so that they can help others as well.

right. that just leaves batting doesn't it. and we've got batting preferences sorted, so it's just batting ability that's left

This is great news, i so wanna edit the ICC 2008 database, but some clever so n so is going to have to build an easy to use editor. I'm sure if you guys have cracked this game this far, and editor would be easy, wouldnt it?

ooh no chance from me I'm afraid. I can understand this stuff quite easily, and therefore can help people who know how to make programmes to make an editor with my knowledge of the current code, but I've never built a programme in my life. but once I get batting abilities, I'll post a comprehensive tutorial on here, and on cricketweb, where they have a few decent programme builders, and hopefully with a bit of effort between us, we'll have our editor.

we can dream eh. with the speed I've gotten through things today, I would hope that tomorrow is the day that I crack batting abilities. which is a huge step towards an editor I suppose

the way you can do it is right click on 64, press memory edit, then click on the 64 in the top left hand corner. then just press the down button 80 times or whatever. I can do it a bit quicker than that, but when I was starting out, that's just how I did it.

I've got bowling abilities entirely sorted. it's column 6, 7 and 8 of row 81. think this is all right, although someone will probably be laughing at me right now, but basically the 8th column number is the most important. it's a single digit number, with 1 being the best in the world type bowler, and then decreasing from there. munday is 3 for example. murali is 2. tom lungley is 4. david stiff is 5. that sort of thing. anyway, column 6 barely matters at all, and shouldn't be taken into consideration. column 7 is the other important one. if there's a 1 in the 8th column, then the lowest possible number in the 7th column is 64 and highest is 256, with 64 being best. so the best bowler in the world is 64-1. but if there's any other number in column 8, then the 7th column can have a number between 0 and 256.

so essentially, here's a range of abilities

64-1 <- best
255-1
0-2
255-2
0-3

etc etc. the left hand number can take any of the values between those figures stated, if you know what I mean.

I hope that's all a bit clear. if not, read it a few times before asking for help. I'm hoping a few can understand it so that they can help others as well.

right. that just leaves batting doesn't it. and we've got batting preferences sorted, so it's just batting ability that's left

Hey I just had a problem. When I set the eighth column value to 1 and try and change the seventh column value to 64, the 8th column resets its value to zero. After editing the bowling values like you said, this is how my numbers look:
320-1. Hope you can help me with that.

It's strange, I can edit everyone's age, but I can only edit some people's nationalities and playing type. For example, I was able to edit Ponting's nationality to NZ (though I found the number in the 6th column, not the 7th) and though I was able to change Southee's age, I couldn't find a '46' for NZ anywhere, and there was nothing to change him to an allrounder (though I know this wouldn't make any difference in game)

Is there any specific reason for this not working (and for nationality being in the wrong column) or is it just me?

Edit: I know why it's in the 7th column now, it's because in the original post the memory editor was opened in the 3rd value, not the 64. But I still can't find the player type number and some nationalities (I also changed Kallis)

Last edited:
how do u find row 81 i might be soundin thick but i cant find any numbers for the row's on the art-money?

They are actually numbered, the last number in the 'address' column, but i think what we are calling "row 1" is actually row 7. Therefore row 81 is row 75.

yeah, "row 1" is not actually the first row for a player. we use the birthdate to actually locate the player but the birthdate is 6/7 rows down from the first value for each player.

Hey I just had a problem. When I set the eighth column value to 1 and try and change the seventh column value to 64, the 8th column resets its value to zero. After editing the bowling values like you said, this is how my numbers look:

the two cells are linked. you need to edit the values in the 7th column before editing the value in the 8th column.

Anarchy666 added 9 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Edit: I know why it's in the 7th column now, it's because in the original post the memory editor was opened in the 3rd value, not the 64. But I still can't find the player type number and some nationalities (I also changed Kallis)

46 should be NZ. unless he's listed as 179 but i can't think for any logical reason why he'd be listed as a NZ kolpak.

the other thing could be that the birthdate code more than one player may turn up and you edited someone else.

full list of nationalities
43 = Aus
44 = Eng
45 = Ind
46 = NZ
47 = Pak
48 = RSA
49 = SL
50 = WI
51 = Ban
52 = Zim

178 = Aus (k)
179 = NZ (k)
180 = RSA (k)
181 = Zim (k)

Anarchy666 added 5 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

probably batting ability is something similar to bowling ability.

also row 2, col 2 might be for England contracts. will experiment later.

Last edited:

oh good, so you've pretty much got this sorted. basically you're supposed to edit in the numbers from left to right, so my little tutorial there might've been a bit confusing. so just stick 0 in the first row, then 64 in the second and then 1 in the third.

a little play around and it'll all come together anyway

Cottager added 23 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1831/khaju5.jpg

I didn't think I'd get it so quickly. that's exciting. will do a few experiments on it, but definitely found the value.

when he hit that first ton, I was praying so hard that it wasn't just a fluke

This is what I get. I click the 7th column in the 81st row. Then in the values box below I type 64 and click the arrow. It changes to 320 when applied. What should I do?

edit: I just noticed something else. When I edit the mentioned numbers, my bowler gets a 5 star batting form and his batting form chart becomes black(I think this is because there are lots of black lines so close together that it appears black).

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
not *certain* that that's the right row. I always turn off hexidecimal view. helps me.

yeah 40 is 64 in hexi isn't it? I think it is, I can't remember, so you'd be doing it right. has the bloke been taking plenty of wickets? the way I always know that I'm editing the right number is that after 85 rows, there's a new player, so if I can see 3 numbers and then 64 about 5 rows after what I think is the bowling attributes, then I know I'm in the right place

i've sussed batting ability

appears row 4 is primarily for batting.

Row 4, cols 3 (and also col 4)

Col 3 most important, col 4 simply a linked cell
If you put a number into column 3 that is between (col 4 number in brackets, this is automatic though)
0-255 (0) = Reon King
256-510 (1) = Monty Panesar
511-765 (2) = Shane Warne
766-1020 (3) = Anthony McGrath
1021-1275 (4) = Andrew Flintoff (yes only a level 4)
1276-1530 (5) = Shivnarine Chanderpaul
1531-1785 (6) = Kevin Pietersen/Sachin Tendulkar/Ricky Ponting
1786-2040 (7) = Virender Sehwag (not sure why he is so priviledged?!)

in contrast to bowling ability, the number with batting ability goes up, and in theory there is no limit. But even if you put an insane number, he will still be out at times. I haven’t come across a level 8 batsman; if neither Pietersen, Tendulkar or Ponting are at level 7, then clearly level 7 is meant to be in exceptional cases only. Sehwag only just qualified as a level 7 batter. Plus theres simply no fun in having 11 players that bat like Superman.

also there could be a minimum number for col 3. afterall even a pub team tail-ender can occasionally put willow to ball.

i tested this Ashes 06 on Ricky Ponting and gave him insane ability (level 80 or around that level). for the 2007 WC in 11 matches he hit 7 centuries at an average of 235!

Anarchy666 added 6 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

This is what I get. I click the 7th column in the 81st row. Then in the values box below I type 64 and click the arrow. It changes to 320 when applied. What should I do?

i think that is how it is supposed to be. same happened with me, it didn't stop Flintoff in the 06/07 Ashes took 50 odd wickets at an average of 13.

Last edited:
that's precisely what I discovered anarchy

all rounder, I don't have icc2008 yet, and won't for a month

Last edited:
Here is my ICC 2008 Sussex file. Can you plz edit Kurt White in to good allrounder and Hugh Lester(Keeper) in to terrific batsman?(Only if you can :))

Attachments

• Player 1, Sussex.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Ok installed the Ashes Trial game is crashing after every match (although match stats are being saved)
Any idea why is that happening?

Allrounder18 added 8 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Hey Anarchy its really good that you have crack the batting abilities :) and Cottager have cracked bowling abilities ,I think we are so close in getting an Editor.

One more thing Anarchy can you look at my ICC 2008 file and see if the data is just like ICC 06 Ashes (Also plz edit Kurt White in to level 6 batter if you can)

Users who are viewing this thread