Player Editing Tutorial

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
@ Anderson and Fe:

You can transfer players in the requested way by doing it in the transfer window. When you are at the transfer window, load up the wanted player in the editor and change the contract years to zero. The player will immediately pop up in the domestic tab when you get through one round of negotiations and you can offer him a contract. For overseas players, load up the wanted foriegn player and change his nationality to English. He will pop up under the domestic tab when you get through one round of negotiations. You can offer the foriegner a contract and change his nationality back to normal or leave it as it is if you wanna cheat and build a team with your favourite players. Hope that made sense and helped you. Cheers.

thats what i do and one time puted all the overseas players in domestic window and all players were gone quick as i also edited the budget of teams also. hats of to fe good work

scout also dosent work for me.

dion

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thats what I mean, is nobody converting it to .14 for those people who dont play online?

darko21

School Cricketer
My way of editing

The editor can work with the 8.14 version but it is annoying. You have to save the patch and the unpatched files and swap them when needed. The files that are needed to be swapped for the editor to work are (refer to post #667 on this forum for instructions):

- Data folder (I just picked the whole folder so it's easier)
- Cricket.exe
- Cricet.sw2
- softwrap.dll

These were the files that I noticed that changed. I have worked this way for a while and it helps tweak player abilities so that some players aren't underperforming (eg. David Hussey was a hopeless part-time so I just tweaked that a little) Since I don't play online and jsut keep my own records, my morals aren't in trouble.

imortaliq

School Cricketer
Really want to use this editor but I keep getting unhandled exceptions. When opening the editor: Index was outside the bounds of the array. i can post details if it helps

i have .net framework 3.5.

i can continue through this, and i select the DOB in the program but the box for [address] is grey and will not let me enter anything even after i've found the right numbers in the spreadsheet... i click load anyway and i get a divide by zero error and i'm stuck.

am i missing something? have been looking for an editor for ICC series for EVER and just stumbled on this thread... applaud all the efforts here and can anyone help me?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's probably because you've applied the patch. The editor doesn't work with the patched version.

imortaliq

School Cricketer
Thanks. i'm running v8.11 . is that the patched version? if so i'll reinstall

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No that's the unpatched version...

Are you opening the editor once you've opened the save file? And have a player's profile open?

imortaliq

School Cricketer
yeah, i open the save file, go to a player, then open the editor. thats when i get the out of bounds error. might it be an issue that i'm not running vista? this computer is also seriously old, so i guess that might be it. let me know if you have any suggestions. and thanks!

dion

School Cricketer
Fe, since it's clear nobody is playing online much anyway, would it be possible to update it to 9.14, so the people who dont play online can make there own players and such like.
If you dont have the time thats fine, or if you dont want to release it publically you could just pm those who ask for it. I'm not sure if I could convert it myself but if you dont want to do it I'd like the opportunity to try.
Anyway, thanks for the first bunch.

jimbob

Club Cricketer
The editor can work with the 8.14 version but it is annoying. You have to save the patch and the unpatched files and swap them when needed. The files that are needed to be swapped for the editor to work are (refer to post #667 on this forum for instructions):

- Data folder (I just picked the whole folder so it's easier)
- Cricket.exe
- Cricet.sw2
- softwrap.dll

could you upload these files, or would that break some laws?

Cricket Minkey

School Cricketer
Hello everybody,

I am a newbie and I was wondering if I could get some help from the good people here at this site? I am looking at editing for ICC 2005 (player age, nationalities, skill levels, player classifications etc.), however I have absolutely no idea how to do this; I have a hex editor (XVI32) and Artmoney Pro v7.28 installed. I have no idea how to use them, and while I see there are some instructions here in this thread, they are spread out over 46 pages and over several months.

So, I was just wondering if there is anywhere on this site where the instructions are set out in order just by themselves? If so, could somebody please direct me to them and if not, would it be possible for somebody to do these up for me and post them somewhere? I hope all of this made sense, and I trust that you will all forgive my ignorance on this matter, as I really am very new to all of this. Thank you for reading, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cricket Minkey.

Users who are viewing this thread