Player Editor

First I would like to thank all the guys out there who are putting in heaps of time and effort into really making this game great, well done fellas.

My question is though, has anyone successfully edited a created player in the game? I have been playing with the original players, thanks to the info you guys are giving, and have managed to put Keith Miller into the current side, edited his figures and renamed him and he works a charm. However when I try it with a created player the created game profile won't load. As Barmy Army pointed out in an earlier reply the created player has more bytes.

Anyway all I am asking is it possible?
Cheers

Ok from the top of each record we have:

Nb. Those in italics I have not confirmed myself.

PlayerID - 2 Bytes (Bytes Reversed eg. &H 41 01 = &H 01 41)
FullName - 32 Bytes
ShortName - 32 Bytes
PlayerType - 1 Byte (00. All-Rounder, 01. Batsman, 02. Bowler, 03. Wicket Keeper)
Hand - 1 Byte (00. Left, 01. Right)
Bowling Style - 2 Bytes
Unknown - 4 Bytes (Seems to always be the same - &H B4 00 50 00)
DOB - 16 Bytes
Licensed Face - 2 Bytes (Bytes Reversed eg. &H 41 01 = &H 01 41)
Unlicensed Face - 2 Bytes (Bytes Reversed eg. &H 41 01 = &H 01 41)
BattingTest - 1 Byte
BattingODI - 1 Byte
BowlingTest - 1 Byte
BowlingODI - 1 Byte
FieldingTest - 1 Byte
FieldingODI - 1 Byte

BatType - 1 Byte ???? Maybe Just ODI ???? Any thoughts guys?
WC 2003 Number - 1 Byte
ODI Number - 1 Byte
Sunscreen - 1 Byte (00. None; 01. Nose, Under Eyes, LowerLip; 02. Nose, Cheeks, Lower Lip; 03. Nose, Lips; 04.Lips; 05. Nose, Cheeks; 06. Max Protection)
BatOffsideTest - 1 Byte
BatLegsideTest - 1 Byte
BatOffsideODI - 1 Byte
BatLegsideODI - 1 Byte
BatLoftODI - 1 Byte
BatLoftTest - 1 Byte
Unknown - 1 Byte
BatDefense - 1 Byte
Unknown - 1 Byte
Bat vs Pace - 1 Byte
Bat vs Spin - 1 Byte
Bat vs Swing - 1 Byte
Unknown - 52 bytes

Sandgroper said:
First I would like to thank all the guys out there who are putting in heaps of time and effort into really making this game great, well done fellas.

My question is though, has anyone successfully edited a created player in the game? I have been playing with the original players, thanks to the info you guys are giving, and have managed to put Keith Miller into the current side, edited his figures and renamed him and he works a charm. However when I try it with a created player the created game profile won't load. As Barmy Army pointed out in an earlier reply the created player has more bytes.

Anyway all I am asking is it possible?
Cheers

Yes I believe it will be possible not quite yet but shouldn't be long.

Last edited:
Some of those unknown bytes near bat type/ sunscreen may be other appearance data, like cap type, sunglasses etc..??

Bats are as follows. Not sure about number 13 and the Morrant bats, but this is what i have so far:

00 - Classic
01 - Default
02 - Duncan Fearnley - Batwing
03 - Duncan Fearnley - Gold
04 - Gray Nicolls - Gladius
05 - Gray Nicolls - Longbow
06 - Gray Nicolls - GN Monster
07 - Gray Nicolls - Phoenix
08 - Gray Nicolls - Powerbow
09 - Gunn & Moore - Maestro Control Original LE
10 - Gunn & Moore - Maxi Original LE
11 - Gunn & Moore - Purist Original LE
12 - Gunn & Moore - Hero Original LE
13 -
14 - Kookaburra - The Beast
15 - Kookaburra - Ultimate Belta
16 - Kookaburra - Diablo Ltd Edition
17 - Kookaburra - Kahuna Ltd Edition
18 - MRF 400
19 - Slazenger V1200 Pro
20 - Slazenger V200 Pro
21 - Slazenger V600 Ultimate
22 - Slazenger V800 Ultimate
23 - Slazenger V900 Ultimate
24 - Duncan Fearnley - Hammer
25 - Duncan Fearnley - Cobra Yellow
26 - Duncan Fearnley - Cobra Orange
27 - Duncan Fearnley - Cobra Blue
28 - Gray Nicolls - Millenium
29 - Hunts County - Glory Custom Classic
30 - Hunts County - Tsunami Custom Classic
31 - Hunts County - Steelback 5 Crown
32 - Hunts County - Insignia Custom Classic
33 - Hunts County - Mettle 5 Crown
34 - Hunts County - Pulse Custom Classic
35 - Kookaburra - Kahuna Ricky Ponting
36 - Kookaburra - Diablo Damien Martyn
37 - Newbery - MJOLNIR SPS
38 - Newbery - NAVARONE SPS
39 - Newbery - UZI 20/20 SPS
40 - Newbery - SAMURAI SPS
41 - Newbery - ZEUS SPS
42 - Newbery - MERLIN SPS

Hmm, with regards to the people making the editor..

Is anyone planning to incorporate some kind of import/export feature. It seems using baggi studio you can import and export teams. And many players are duplicated many times (5,6 or more) in the data for various teams..

so would it be possible to have a feature to say edit a certain player, then, have an update button that updates all the other entries for that player to the edited version. Saves people having to edit x6 or more times.

Also, what about a "macro edit" feature to say edit a value for all players. This could be used to play around with gameplay, like reducing swing, increasing batting skill for tailenders etc..

Also, how about a "Correct unlicensed names" feature, that takes the licenced name and copies it over the unlicenced one for every player in the game... could do the same for faces (except when the licesenced face is the green alien one!)

Last edited:
Jace11 said:
Hmm, with regards to the people making the editor..

Is anyone planning to incorporate some kind of import/export feature. It seems using baggi studio you can import and export teams. And many players are duplicated many times (5,6 or more) in the data for various teams..

so would it be possible to have a feature to say edit a certain player, then, have an update button that updates all the other entries for that player to the edited version. Saves people having to edit x6 or more times.

Also, what about a "macro edit" feature to say edit a value for all players. This could be used to play around with gameplay, like reducing swing, increasing batting skill for tailenders etc..

Also, how about a "Correct unlicensed names" feature, that takes the licenced name and copies it over the unlicenced one for every player in the game... could do the same for faces (except when the licesenced face is the green alien one!)

yeah i have thought about this, and yes it is very posible :) to do some of those things

I find that Bat edits don't work for test teams when playing test matches..

I can't figure out why at the moment. Ponting and Lara seem to have the right bats, rest don't.

yeah??? i havn't looked at that just been looking at the one dayers, i think it depends on what team you edit as well.

i checked out bat 13 and that was the slazenger 200 for me
ill think ill have a look myself and see what i can do

It's starting to look to me as if there is going to be more than one value. Like there is for the batting attributes, one for test, and one for one day. Shall have another look 2moro. There are alot of bytes left to work through, it all has deffinatly got to be in there somewhere!

@woosah: How have you been working the bats out, just out of intrest.

Looked at the two bytes between bat type and sunscreen. It appears that they are the WorldCup2003 and ODI player number. Have a look in the post above.

nb. All findings shall be put into that post

Last edited:
Yeah I too have been looking for the extra batting byte without success. Just to say well done on all the cracking so far guys.

Baggi Studio can be used to swap teams around too. You open baggi, select the squad, extract it and import it over another.

So you can update say the England Test team squad then export it to the tournements.

At the moment, I thinkeach country has 1 main squad, this is used for tests/exhibition/tour matches etc. Then each country also has a squad for WC2003 and another for CT2004.

I think random bats are used for all competitions other than the WC and CT... :crying

@woosah: How have you been working the bats out, just out of intrest.

ill get back to you on this, as i am at work :) and not sure if its working right when i am doing it.

but i may have been doing it wrong :)

Jace11 said:
I think random bats are used for all competitions other than the WC and CT... :crying

Yes i think this is true, however Brian Lara and Ponting always use the same bat. I think they are the key here. My thoughts are that there is a byte which turns it on and off. Just need to find it!

Users who are viewing this thread