Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

no ones really talking about the gameplay much i mean AI gameplay, say in a oneday match do they still play for a draw...... ple awnser with facts

We had a limited time with the game, there was no possible way to get the AI to the point where we could answer many of these questions.

One thing that has me buzzed is the fact that defended deliveries can be placed in any direction. You gotta have that. After all, besides timing, what else could be more important than placement?
This has been fixed. You have to place the shot correctly.

if u get a chance to play it agin please set a target to AI and find out how dose it deal with it. i think more then anything thats the most important part in a cricket game... dont u think guys by the way gr8 work all administrator dudes ,, thanks a million for ur gr8 reviews

Thanks for the fantastic in depth reviews.

I know it has been asked before, but there was no real concrete answer - does the lighting change during a match (morning to afternoon). Also, can you play day/night one day matches, ie: day time for the first innings and night time for the second innings?

Cricket 07 failed with this.

Yeah, good point. I'd love to see it getting dark around the last few overs of the day. Cricket 07 didn't put that in yeah, and it took out a bit of the fun at bowling at the end of the day.

In that gameplay video, it LOOKED like the Twenty20 was being played around just before sunset, which looked fantastic, BUT having said that, I could be wrong, I haven't played it. Same with the Gatting ball, it looked a bit later in the day, but I doubt even the testers would know that, they'd have to have batted for around 60 overs to notice.

Test match sessions seem to have individual lighting. I don't think it changes gradually, just that morning, afternoon and evening sessions have different lighting.

How are the Player bodies look like ? All look the same body like in EA cricket 07 or any surprises? At least they should have 3 models medium,large & small build.

Test match sessions seem to have individual lighting. I don't think it changes gradually, just that morning, afternoon and evening sessions have different lighting.

Ah well thats good enough. Thanks mate.

dajesmac added 3 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

How are the Player bodies look like ? All look the same body like in EA cricket 07 or any surprises? At least they should have 3 models medium,large & small build.

I'm not 100% cause I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure as it's a continuation of the BLIC series that it would have pretty much the same player modelling. Cricket 07 and BLIC are vastly different, with Cricket 07 making every player look absolutely tank (as in having huge muscles).

Last edited:

Cool, BLIC has always has really good lighting, glad they kept it in. Thanks mate

hi guys,

I have been reading all the reviews from Lazy, Kamy, white, aus etc. first of all i would like to thank all of you for sharing this information with us and beacuse of that this game looks more attractive now. I have some questions which i believed they are not answered.

1) Are edges goes into stumps or for boundaries at fine leg (french cut).
2) In almost all screen shots their are about 3 to 4 slips are they of any good, did anyone who played managed to get a nick on 2nd or 3rd slip.
3) I have read in makers review that there are customs tours available. Does it means that we can make a complete custom tour which includes 2 or 3 different country tour in the same season.
4) They also mentioned in 20 twenty cricket there will be crowd announcements and music after boundries, is the back ground music same for all countries or it differs and depends on which country you are playing with like in real 20 twenties.

cheers guys,

One of the most annoying thing about the shot placement in BLIC 07 was that one can play a ball like good length out-swinger, pitching outside off, - to fine leg by just placing the placement cone toward fine leg.:mad:
I've read from kamy's review that when he decived Lazy with an arm ball which Lazy misread and tried to play towards legside, resulted an edge to the slips. Can any of the reviewers confirm me whether the shot placement has been refined (or made Hard enough) so one cannot place the ball anywhere he likes (like Blic 07, as I mentioned above) regardless of the pitch of the ball?
Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
A different Question, regarding resolution. Is Ashes 09 HD 720p or HD 1080p ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread