Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

Once again, thanks for the informative review from everyone. But could someone tell me how the stamina system in the game works? how does it effect you and what decreases it.

Bowling and batting decreases your stamina and basically acts as a multiplier to your stats, but may be slightly more complex than that. You regain it at the end of a session, by taking a break from bowling, etc.

Hi lazy u must be to the most willing to answer member here. My question is regarding the dab/late cut to third man for a single. As you may know, this is a pretty important shot in ODIs. None of previous games had got this right. What do you reckon has been done this time around with this shot. If you have tried playing please let us know. Thanks

That was one of my major gripes of the last game, but was pleased to see that that the late cut/dab down to thrird man worked properly now and it was possible to pick up runs in that area, I also found that it was very satisfying to push the ball into the covers and steal singles, very much ala real life when the field is spread.

Thanks for the answer Kamy. I am happy to know the shot thas finally been done right this time. It will surely be very positive for the scope of the game.

Last edited:
It is good to see that pretty much everyone who playtested the game here in the UK and Australia are positive about the game. Codies/Transmission now have a very solid foundation to build upon for future titles.

It is good to see that pretty much everyone who playtested the game here in the UK and Australia are positive about the game. Codies/Transmission now have a very solid foundation to build upon for future titles.

Yep and we're pretty much on the same page with everything.

Codies/Transmission now have a very solid foundation to build upon for future titles.
All credits goes to the development team of Ashes Cricket 2009. They have done hard work and it will surely result as a success.

Yea from what i have read it seems like it will be a good step forward in cricket games... and if what they (it was either heath or jamie) that in ashes 2010 there shall be domestic comps etc... which i liked in C07 being able to do play through a season with the qld bulls. hope thats the case

what about AI in while chasing situtaions and slog overs

Yep and we're pretty much on the same page with everything.

From the sounds of things the only (semi)major issue identified is with the bounce/good-length being too high/full...

here's hoping it's fixable prior to release or at the least it's not an issue that becomes a gamebreaker...

PS - a huge thanks to all those who have play tested and taken the time to put up their previews and answer questions... little scraps of info keep deskbound tragics like me going till the game comes along...

what about AI in while chasing situtaions and slog overs
Well we didn't really play a full game against the AI, but we were certainly told that a lot of work has been put into making the AI realistic in its chasing and setting of totals.

no idea, but i hope they will have Brendon Nash and Dirk Nannes (if they have Netherlands that is)

Ohh yeah true.

I think somebody said on youtube it'll have the top 12 cricketing nations, which i suppose would be all the 12 teams in the World Twenty20. I'd say Holland made the cut.

It would've been cool to have more teams like the UAE, Kenya, Canada etc. PES09 was good in the way that you can make a custom world cup (or "International Cup") and choose every team to go in which groups. I'd like to see that one day in cricket games, with more teams available to play with, like Afghanistan and Argentina and stuff, even if they don't have licensing.

Last edited:
Holy hell theres a Cricket 09??

I can't believe I didn't know that. Are you sure? I've heard absolutely nothing about it. So do you reckon they're gonna release it soon?

dajesmac added 8 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Wait, I found it. Is it true it's only on PC?

Who gives a tiny damn about EA Cricket after reading about this game? I mean, one good preview is one thing, but all the previewers were on the same page!

Hi, in Ashes, do you guys think there are there going to be rain delays and if it rains long enough or almost long enough D/L method would come into play?

I'm sure I read somewhere that rain/bad light have been entirely taken out. Is that true? I hope not: rain and bad light are part of the game! What if you're holding on for a draw and hoping for rain? Rain should be in the game!!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Sorry, dunno if this question has been answered as I'm a new member, but I thought I'd say I saw in a video of Graham Manou and Callum Ferguson playing it, and Manou charged down the wicket when it was 0/0 off 0.0, so I think it doesn't have much to do with confidence.

Yeah, I haven't read them myself but a possiblity BLIC07's reviews were equally positive because they had less to compete with in the past. Only BLIC 05 and Cricket 05. You have to consider how AC09 is also being weighed against BLIC 07, and is noting improvements.

About my post regarding last year's BLIC 2007 previews, the guys said they were written based on a tissue of lies from developers, not an actual thorough playtest as was the case this time round.

Relax, I was wrong! :D

Who gives a tiny damn about EA Cricket after reading about this game? I mean, one good preview is one thing, but all the previewers were on the same page!

I'm sure I read somewhere that rain/bad light have been entirely taken out. Is that true? I hope not: rain and bad light are part of the game! What if you're holding on for a draw and hoping for rain? Rain should be in the game!!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

About my post regarding last year's BLIC 2007 previews, the guys said they were written based on a tissue of lies from developers, not an actual thorough playtest as was the case this time round.

Relax, I was wrong! :D

Hahaha! That's convincing! What if they're lying this time?

Oh but then again the reviews from testers still put the game is a positive light. So all good.

Users who are viewing this thread