Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

There were previews of BLIC2007 which were fairly positive as it wasn't based on playing the game, and reviews which were a lot less positive.

read your reviews, thanks alot for giving a preview of what we can expect.

i had one question; How is teh Autoplay feature? in previous version it was just one over or entire innings. is it like EA where we can generate 1 over or 5, 10, 20 or inings.

thanks

read your reviews, thanks alot for giving a preview of what we can expect.

i had one question; How is teh Autoplay feature? in previous version it was just one over or entire innings. is it like EA where we can generate 1 over or 5, 10, 20 or inings.

thanks

Lazy mentioned being able to simulate single overs at a time, or the innings or the whole game if I'm not mistaken. I think I read somewhere else you can simulate sessions in tests.

dajesmac added 39 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Just re-scanning over the reviews by testers as, yes, I am THAT bored, I've noticed that pretty much each review mentions how you can't just go out and slog from ball one. I could be wrong, but doesn't every cricket game seem like that at first? I picked up BLIC05 the other day, thinking I could just slog for a bit and quickly found myself bowled out in 10 overs. I used to score scores of excess 1500 in ODIs when I was bored enough, and now after time I have to get used to it again.

What I'm trying to say is I'm worried if we play AC09 for about a week on end after we get it (I know I will) then we'll probably be able to score just as fast.

Lazy mentioned being able to simulate single overs at a time, or the innings or the whole game if I'm not mistaken. I think I read somewhere else you can simulate sessions in tests.

dajesmac added 39 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Just re-scanning over the reviews by testers as, yes, I am THAT bored, I've noticed that pretty much each review mentions how you can't just go out and slog from ball one. I could be wrong, but doesn't every cricket game seem like that at first? I picked up BLIC05 the other day, thinking I could just slog for a bit and quickly found myself bowled out in 10 overs. I used to score scores of excess 1500 in ODIs when I was bored enough, and now after time I have to get used to it again.

What I'm trying to say is I'm worried if we play AC09 for about a week on end after we get it (I know I will) then we'll probably be able to score just as fast.

Yes but isn't that kinda the same with every game? Once you've played it enough, it becomes easier?

They can't really create a "left 4 dead," type engine for a cricket game, one which changes dramatically game after game.

Yes but isn't that kinda the same with every game? Once you've played it enough, it becomes easier?

They can't really create a "left 4 dead," type engine for a cricket game, one which changes dramatically game after game.

Well, I'm saying I'm hoping doesn't get to that point. Hopefully on hard difficulty you'll always be able to enjoy a hard fought contest.

Well, I'm saying I'm hoping doesn't get to that point. Hopefully on hard difficulty you'll always be able to enjoy a hard fought contest.

Yes, I'm sure it'll be some form of contest, but there'll be flaws in the engine. Just like Cricket 07's (and ever EA attempt before it) bowling, you could bowl it at their legs and get a wicket.

If you don't exploit these, it'll be more enjoyable.

Yes, I'm sure it'll be some form of contest, but there'll be flaws in the engine. Just like Cricket 07's (and ever EA attempt before it) bowling, you could bowl it at their legs and get a wicket.

Yea after about a month I figured out all the exploits in C07. and I am sure we will in AC09, which is why online play will rock!

another C07 tactic, is set up 2 guys on short fine leg and bowl bouncers, the AI will hook it to them almost everytime!

Yea after about a month I figured out all the exploits in C07. and I am sure we will in AC09, which is why online play will rock!

another C07 tactic, is set up 2 guys on short fine leg and bowl bouncers, the AI will hook it to them almost everytime!

Haha yeah fair call. What I've tried to do is put a spinner bowling on their heels every ball, with a short fine legs and a close square leg. They either try and flick it fine and get caught by these two men, or they try to make room and get bowled. Works pretty much all the time for me.

On an AC09 related note, do you reckon you can still get stumped if you charge a fast bowler or a medium pacer? I think you could in 2007...

Haha yeah fair call. What I've tried to do is put a spinner bowling on their heels every ball, with a short fine legs and a close square leg. They either try and flick it fine and get caught by these two men, or they try to make room and get bowled. Works pretty much all the time for me.

On an AC09 related note, do you reckon you can still get stumped if you charge a fast bowler or a medium pacer? I think you could in 2007...

You didn't get stumped, you got run out, the keeper was way back for the fast bowler, and quite a way back for the medium pacer.

I really wish they would have implemented the option of bringing the keeper up to medium pacers and allowing players like symonds to bowl either spin or pace

Can any Mod verify max_dillons comment about expecting some news this week?

You didn't get stumped, you got run out, the keeper was way back for the fast bowler, and quite a way back for the medium pacer.

Lol yeah I know but it was just an easier option to say what I meant rather than to explain myself fully, cause there are several ways of being run out. You still got what I meant though.

And yeah, I'd wish they put that (keeper up to the stumps to a medium pacer) in the games soon, I'd love to do that.

I think they are trying to get the basics right this time around rather than stuffing all the features but no gameplay. If AC09 does well, then they would have a solid core to build next games upon.
Then they would add feature like calling the keeper up for pacers,manual fielding where you can place fielder anywhere in the field. etc
So lets not criticize them for lesser features and unlicensed teams, if gameplay is better.

Hahaha! That's convincing! What if they're lying this time?

Oh but then again the reviews from testers still put the game is a positive light. So all good.

That's the key difference this year! Oh and by the way? A forum member of EA has played Fifa 10 PC and has come away fairly impressed. If Fifa 10 and Ashes 2009 can come through, this will truly be a great year for PC sport.

There were previews of BLIC2007 which were fairly positive as it wasn't based on playing the game, and reviews which were a lot less positive.

Oh boy, those reviews were far from positive!!

Such 'death balls' should be weeded out during testing.

Yea the flaws in C07 are terrible, like get an offspinner... and put an extra cover, a silly point, silly mid-off, silly mid on, short leg, short cover, 1st slip and mid-on... and just bowl how an offspinner should... they will try to block and the ball will pop up and someone in close will catch it or they will leave it and it will clip off stump... 10-1 or something was my best lol.

from what ive read in the reviews you will be rewarded for bowling good consistent bowling. I dont think you will be able to give me an answer to this but would it be possible to set a batsman up... like bowl one or two maiden overs doing a similar delivery and then bowl one in the same spot with a bit of variation... like bowl 10 leg cutters then an off cutter etc. and they play around it

Yea the flaws in C07 are terrible, like get an offspinner... and put an extra cover, a silly point, silly mid-off, silly mid on, short leg, short cover, 1st slip and mid-on... and just bowl how an offspinner should... they will try to block and the ball will pop up and someone in close will catch it or they will leave it and it will clip off stump... 10-1 or something was my best lol.

from what ive read in the reviews you will be rewarded for bowling good consistent bowling. I dont think you will be able to give me an answer to this but would it be possible to set a batsman up... like bowl one or two maiden overs doing a similar delivery and then bowl one in the same spot with a bit of variation... like bowl 10 leg cutters then an off cutter etc. and they play around it

This problem with spinners has been evident in most cricket games. I really hope Ashes 2009 proves to be different.:upray

Having said that, part of the problem is close in fielder's animation! They're standing there one minute and then have magically appeared under the ball when in real life they would have no chance whatsoever of catching it. What are the animations of close in fielders dives like in this game? If they're realistic and varied, bowling with a spinner will be thrilling and a real pleasure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread